Monday, October 09, 2006

The Money Candle

For 6 years I worked next to a woman named Alafreda. She was a self proclaimed Wiccan, or a white witch. Really, this gal was very much into practicing spells, superstitions, and magic type stuff. Me, being the nosey, want to know everything about anything type of person, I asked her endless questions about her practices. She was a good sport about answering them.

Alafreda was very odd. On a few occassions, I witnessed her 'chanting' to herself. I'd glance over at one of our mutual co-workers named Judy and we'd both kinda shrug, then back to our work. I always wished Alafreda was chanting "make this work day end soon" but I never knew what it was she was uttering under her breath. In the place that we worked, a politically correct environment, management and other 'uptight' employees frowned upon such behaviors. More than once, Alafreda was called into the boss's office over her 'work performance'. There was nothing wrong with Alafreda's work quality, she just did not fit into the management's idea of what an employee should be. You know: Southern Baptist, God-fearing, conservative, republican, not into the occult, that kinda stuff. Don't get me wrong, I am a Republican, on the conservative side but not to the extreme, I have nothing againsts baptists either. Myself, and most others didnt give a hoot what Alafreda or anyone else did, just leave us alone and let us get our jobs done.

We had a supervisor who was nasty tempered and a first class b*tch. She pranced around our workplace like she was some kind of royalty.....she was royalty all right-a ROYAL b*tch. Luckily, she didnt venture into our department much....too much work going on there for her to be around. Anyhow, she disliked Alafreda with a passion. I think bosslady was jealous because Alafreda is a small, slender, beautiful woman who is just gorgeous naturally. The bosslady had to really, really work at keeping herself up. Weekly salon visits, Weight Watchers, 4 inch think Merle Norman cake makeup...you know the type.

One day, bosslady was on the rampage. She was mad about a missed deadline and everyone inside the building was paying for it whether they were at fault or not. She stopped at Alafreda's desk and made her put away some Occult artwork that was displayed, then berated her about some work. She tried her best to humiliate Alafreda in front of the rest of us. I spoke up and told bosslady she was out of line, then Judy backed me up, then 2 other employees came to our aid as well. I figured I'd get shit-canned for my big mouth, but I was not. It seems that very evening, bosslady had a 'nervous breakdown'. That was all we were told by the big wig in charge. Bosslady was gone for good. The building was buzzing about what happened in our department the day before. When Judy and I asked Alafreda if she had anything to do with bosslady's affliction, Alafreda said"No." with a smile and a barely noticable wink.

If Alafreda did or didnt have anything to do with bosslady's mind fracture, it was kinda neat how the whole thing fell into place those 2 days. Shortly after that happened. I was complaining to Alafreda about my money woes I had back in those days. A couple of days after our conversation, I had all but forgot about whining to Alafreda about my sad financial state, she approached my truck on lunch hour where Judy and I were smoking one last cigarette before we went back to work. Alafreda handed me a small package containing a green candle, crystals, some leafy stuff, and homemade rope. Inside the package she had written instructions on how I should I burn the candle, place the rope, leaves, and to put it in the West window of my home. I was kinda shocked. But, I am one of those people who is game for anything, occult or not......well, non-scary non-devil worshipping occult stuff. I went home that evening, burned the candle. Then promptly forgot about it.

Saturday, 2 days after the candle burning spell, hubby and I were nearly dead-broke after paying all of our bills and purchasing groceries/household stuff. We went into town to rent a movie. I had badly wanted to go to out to the movie theatre, but we could not even afford that. Hubby and I went inside the movie rental, we picked out a movie, then walked back to our truck. As we approached our pick up, hubby and I both looked down at the front passenger's side tire and there lay a big wad of crumpled up money! Hubby picked it up, no one was parked near us. He got inside the truck and we counted it. It was $175.00 in dirty ones, fives, and tens. Guess where we went? Out to the movies! I do not know if that was just pure luck or if Alafreda's spell helped. I like to think it was Alafreda's spell........

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I googled something about Halloween and somehow I ended up reading about witchcraft and stuff like that. Kinda got side-tracked from looking at Halloween jack-o-lantern designs and found myself at a cool spell site, Free Spells and Spellcasting. I immediately thought of Alafreda. I wanted to share some of those spells with y'all.

Cleansing the Body of Negative Energies
From: White Raven
You will need the following: 1 White Candle 1 Black Candle 1 Green Candle

The White candle is for Positive Energy. The Black Candle is for Negative Energy. The Green Candle is for Healing.

Clear your mind and Light the White Candle and say the following: Mother Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and Spirit; I ask thee to Cleanse my body of all negative energies. Light the Black Candle and repeat the same words as before. Then after that Light the Green Candle and say the following: Mother Earth, Fire, Wind, Water and Spirit; I ask the to Free and heal my body from all negative forces. Blessed be!! You must do this in a quiet room somewhere that you will not be disturbed. After doing this sit back, keep your mind clear and relax for 15 minutes. Afterwards you will feel fresh and renewed.

***********************************

Simple Wishing Spell
Submitted by Paige


First light a candle of your choice, one that goes with your wish would be more appropriate. Then write your wish on a clean piece of paper. Fold the paper four times and then burn it in the candle. Scatter the ashes in your back garden.

********************************

Simple Money Spell
Submitted by Meghan


Light a green candle at night and concentrate on it. then repeat the following phrase over and over until you feel it starting to work

"I will the energy contained within this candle to heal, harmonize, and balance my being.
may the magic of money flow freely through my life.
I attract money like a magnet.
I am open and receptive to all prosperity.
may light and love surround and protect me in all of me.
endeavors"


"as I will it........
so mote it be.........."

*********************************

Remove Misfortune
Submitted by Jareb


Take three good jars and nine garlic clover and a number of thorns from a white rose. Place thorns with clovers put three clovers in each jar each jar should be buried within sight of a church while you say the Lords Prayer.



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Voodoo dolls are used to represent the spirit of a specific person. You can address the doll as if you are talking to that person, requesting a change in attitude, influencing the person to act in accordance with your wishes, your desires. You can request the doll to call upon powerful forces known as Loa. You can perform a simple but effective ritual to fulfill a specific dream, an urgent desire. This timeless ceremony is carried out to persuade the spirits to exert their influence in this world. Voodoo means "Spirit of God." It's a system of beliefs originating in Africa. It is estimated that Voodoo has over 50 million followers worldwide. 50 million is A LOT of people! I like Voodoo dolls. I want one......

18 Comments:

Blogger Hope said...

So do you use any of these spells your self? I do belilve in some things that know one elas I know does I thank that stuff like this is really cool.

8:51 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

hope-no. the one and only one Ive ever done was the spell candle Alafreda gave me. Maybe I should try onr of these..

9:00 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Gosh. I'm new to the blogging world. From what I can see it's interesting that people from all different walks of life come together to share and receive. The practice in this post puts me at unrest. The Bible says that we are to seperate ourselves from witchcaft. Also says that Satan stalks about seeking whom he may devour. This may sound crazy, but this crazy is truth and light. The witchcraft stuff sounds crazy too. It is also true and real, but it's darkness. It will only bring curses upon your life. It will lead in a dead in road. I beg of you to seperate yourself from it now. Wash your hands of it. Pray and set your ways different. If you give Satan an inch he will take a mile.

This might be blogger suicide voice my opion like this. I have read your other posts and have enjoyed them and your comments on my blog. I don't think you are making a conscience effort to get into witchcraft, but this is how it starts. What seems harmless will in the end lead to a life of destruction. There are times in my life I was at a crossroads and I didn't take the right path. I always wish I could go back and do it again. This is your crossroads.

Check out this web site http://www.acts17-11.com/witchcraft.html

Please keep me posted. I am keeping my door to open honest discussion.

Man I wish there was spell check on comments.. I can't spell worth nothing!

9:06 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

vicki-chill, I am not going to start practicing witchcraft. Blogger suicide? lol, thats crazy.

If people dont like what they read when they come to my blog, then they do not have to come back. It is as plain and simple as that.

I have a blog because I want a blog. I post things in my blog I think about or find interesting or need to rant/vent about. If I offend, sorry. I do not blogt to be popular. I DO NOT force my opinions on anyone and I respect anyone who's opinion is different.

It takes all kinds to make this world an intersting place.

9:17 PM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

Hi! Most of those "spells" sound like therapy to me. I've seen a bazillion psychiatrists in my life, and it simply sounds like positive feed back type stuff, with candles. Witches do not believe in the devil or worship him. It is a connection to Mother Nature. A believe in yourself type build up. Positive goes a long way, no matter how it's worded. Thanks for the great and truly interesting info! Love ya! D :}

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool stuff.Read this real quick earlier & now that I have kids off to school, will re-read w/another cup of coffee. Raining, nice to be staying home, away game in football later, let me get busy! As always, thanx for sharing!

8:18 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

brian-((hugs))

diane- "Positive goes a long way, no matter how it's worded." RIGHT ON!!

sailormoon-Good Luck tonite at you game! we won lastnite 28-0 :) Son #1 is happy this morning. Raining here too, we need it, I am very thankful

8:48 AM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

Good morning..this was an interesting read. I think it's wonderful how you stuck up for Alafreda when you could suffer consequences on the job. I figure bitchy supervisor was already on the road to cuckoo and seeing herself through other's eyes pushed her over the edge.

9:08 AM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

PS. I may rename my blog "On the road to cuckoo" heh
BTW nice eyes!

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey BG..thanks for sharing these, there is nothing like the power of positive, soothing "spells" whether it is just sitting quitely with a hot cup of whatever and letting the day wash away or trying a positive action approach like one of these spells I'm all for it.
Oh yea, I almost forgot, I really like the post, kinda got sidetracked by that one comment..PPLLEEAASSE give me a break, you handled it very well my dear, you are a bigger person than I ..:)I don't think I would have been that kind..that's just me being me..LOL..have a great day..M

9:14 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

unacknowledgedgenius-yes, bosslady did come off to one as 'unstable'. Luckily for me, it took 2 people to replace me when I was sick or had to miss work-serious job security :)

"PS. I may rename my blog "On the road to cuckoo" heh"
LOL-GOOD name :) I am as well traveling on the same road, its kinda bumpy huh?

Thnx for the eye compliment :)

MADD-I live in the bible belt, so Iam surrounded by religious people. I was also raised Roman Catholic and went to a Catholic School my entire life, altho I no longer am a practicing Catholic, there are certain beliefs that are deep-seeded inside my mind. I think being Catholic made me more open to the Occult and things like that.

Anyhow, vicki stated she had somehow chosen 'a wrong road'. I am not quite sure what she meant but obviously she has strong reasons for her beliefs and I respect that. I may not agree but I certainly will hear her out.

Positive thoughts is what it is all about, you are right about that!

butterflychic26-
"I have found a lot of things "church" tells you I found out are just tales. I don't believe you have to all the things they say you have to do to be close to God, that to me is a bunch of bull."
YES! I found the very same thing out myself about the Catholic Church.
Cool that you have books about Wiccan. I have never felt that it was like 'black magic, devil worshipping stuff'. it seemed to me like a lot Mother Earth and healing, drawing power from Nature and making oneself better....of course, I could be wrong, I am NO expert on it :)

9:47 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

I still WANT a voodoo doll.....

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting post. What a neat thing you and your coworkers did by standing up to your boss for another person. That is called real team spirit.

I think all of us one time or another want a voodoo doll. lol, sometimes praying for the person who is ticking you off works well also.

Blessings
Mysti

(for some reason it wont let me use my name)

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blondie,

I know Alafreda! She is a great chic

What in the world is that commenter babbling about? Go preach elsewhere ya whacko.

See you at The Cantina

Mischa

2:15 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

now there is a spell i could use! my boyfriend needs a job, so we need a simple wish spell.

thanks for this interesting post. Where is alafreda?

6:45 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I was busting over the "Baptist, God Fearing Republicans"- because our saying around here is, "Straight, White, Baptist, Republicans" *LOL*- Sorry, had to share that, because it's just so funny we're miles apart, and nearly the same "rules" apply there, too.

Anyway, my friend Justin describes himself as "other", when it comes to religion. He's into a little bit of everything- more into Santeria, but has praticed some Wiccan arts in the past. As a matter of fact, I have a cute lil' coconut man (Papa Legba (I'm sure that's not spelled right) from Voodoo} I love him!

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear your friend was treated so badly because of her religion. I am a firm believer in freedom of ALL religion, and although I'm a devout Christian, I'll go up to bat for anyone who wants to worship their chosen God freely :0)

7:57 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Mysti-blogger is having PMS this week-grrr I knew if I said something, my co-worker Judy would back me up, she was a great friend to have at work :)

Mischa-be nice! you wont be seeing me at the Cantina until next week
:(

melanie-last i heard about Alafreda, she was helping in LA after Katrina.....

miss1999-Im right there with ya! I think it is everyone's right to choose, practice their own spirituality and religions. Also, i do no tlike bullies

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Getting ideas on color schemes and layout for my site. Got some good ideas here, thanks. My site if interested - candle making

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home