Monday, October 09, 2006

And So On

"Life is a journey not a destination."



I read the above quote somewhere the other day. When I read it, I thought to myself:

"Why am I in such a rush to get from point A to point B

so I can hurry and get to point C

because I need to be at point D at a certain time?"

I am missing out on a whole lot in between point A and point D.

Today is cloudy and overcast. I glanced at the radar and we have rain headed our way, maybe. It is going to get down right chilly Thursday morning-brrrrrrrrrrr.

I've been busy. I missed some good NFL games. My favorite QB- Donovan McNabb was on fire against Dallas, and I missed it. From what I've read of the game's highlights, TO had a pretty shitty game-he even dropped a pass. I think Dallas made a mistake by adding the dramamama-TO to their team. He is an over-rated, over-payed, over-coddled jerk. I wonder just how long TO's career will last.......

Son #1's game is away, an hour and 20 minute drive. He had informed hubby and I last week that he was riding the bus home from the game. All of the 7th grade players are planning on riding the game bus home. Of course, I am instantly suspicious-ideas form inside my motherly mind like: the cheerleaders are probably riding in the bus, the boys have something planned, they might be up to no-good, and so on.....

6 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What fabulous pictures. My son always rides the bus home as do the coaches and no cheerleaders. He says they mostly talk about the game. It's guy time!

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey BG, well it is not going to get that cool here, for well probably not ever, Florida you know. Love football..saw the Dallas/Philly game, great game. Course my Patriots did their thing this week..yea!! Hey I hope you don't mind, I put you in my web travel log I post on Sunday nites about my travels through the blogosphere, just love all your pics and thought everyone else should too!
You know that Mom radar..its always on just can't help it..:) take care..M

4:17 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Your weather looks like my weather. Yikes all that up and down temps give me headaches.

I love the qoute thanks for sharing.

OHH OHHH well the boys most likely do have something planned! LOL Mom instincts are usually dead on.

6:12 PM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

TO is a total jackass. I can't belive any team would be that desperate, to actually pay for him. Is he in a contract? Too bad the pills didn't work!

7:17 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kathleenmarie-my 12yo had better be behaving!

butterflychic26-brrrrr is RIGHT!

madd-FL does stay WARM.I like warm weather just not when its over 100+ degrees and humid. I feel honored you put me in your web travel log :) Thank you!

mysti-mom radar is priceless.

rebecca-LMAO....the alleged suicide attempt. I agree w/ you there :)

7:34 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

I've had a post about rushing around and missing things in between brewing in my head for some time. Maybe I'll get it written soon.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home