Friday, October 06, 2006

Dance Me Outside...

"Dance Me Outside " is one of my favorite movies.

"A Story set on a modern-day Native Canadian reservation; things get shaken up when a young Indian woman brings her new white husband to a dance. Her former boyfriend returns that same weekend and trouble ensues. One of the friends of the woman's brother, Silas, gets killed and everything changes forever. "

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"A story of life on an Indian reservation in Ontario: Silas and Frank Fencepost are trying to get into college to train to be mechanics but they find themselves having to deal with girls, family ... and murder."

It is a very good movie from 1995 about life on the reservation in Ontario. It is full of laughs, drama, real life scenarios, and how real life is for Natives. Every time Ive watched it, Ive felt like it has taken a piece from my life's story and put it into this movie. From the families involved, to the 'social club/dance hall' the characters meet up at. Odd how we can find such strong familiarity with a movie....



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Lake Superior in the Fall.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Northern Michigan in the Fall. This road would be called a 2-track. When I first said that word to someone in Oklahoma, they just looked at me liked I had spoken a foreign language. Needless to say, I do not use that word much anymore.

I really miss my home state and the gorgeous color show it puts on during the fall. Oklahoma is pretty but no other place compares to N.MI Fall foliage.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Well, the cooler weather has my equine friends kicking up their heels in enjoyment. We need rain badly, it is so awfully dry. We have a burn ban in my county right now...does that mean I cannot cook on my grill? I was planning on some tastey kabobs this weekend and getting sauced on some Jose Quervo.....hmmmmm.....maybe I had better ask one of my law enforcement friends before I fire up the grill (not about my friend Jose tho).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The Old Guy likes the cooler weather during the daytime but at night, when the Oklahoma temps drop, and the fog rolls in, he is tucked safely away inside his barn.

7 Comments:

Blogger Meow Meow said...

I love 'LOVE" your pics! The two tracks was my favorite....This really is my favorite time of year...it was 86 degrees here today...earlier in the week we actually hit 90...whew! I wanna open my door and turn my air off, but not yet!

We need rain as well. I watered my yard some today. I need to everyday!

Enjoy Jose and his kabobs =)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

What beautiful pictures! That's one thing I love about living in the mountains of TN, our colors are just now beginning to change. I haven't seen either of the movies you mentioned, but they definitely sound like they're worth watching! :0)

9:52 PM  
Blogger Celeste said...

I love the fall colors. Our burn ban was lifted on Oct1.Now I get to smell fall fires(some of which stinks!)

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BG..great pics, really,really beautiful. Love your horses, brings back such memories for me. Hope you have a great BBQ and say hello to Jose for me as he is a friend of mine..:) take care..M

10:11 AM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

BG - I'm pretty sure a burn ban does not include grills, but that's just my interpretation..Jose, eh? Sounds like good company! Scooter sure is handsome. How did the football game go? D :}

1:44 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

And did you know,they made a tv show called The Rez loosely based on the movie??
Frank Fencepost was played by someone else but Adam Beach was still in it,as were Sara and Jennifer Podemski and a whole lot of other excellent actors.

Have you ever heard of North of 60??
It was a CBC-Canadian Broadcast Company- series. Life in a small northern Dene community. If you can find it,try.It's excellent and was the first show I saw with Native actors and content.
I swear there were time I wanted to go live in that show,lol

I can't believe the red in the 2 track photo! So bright and pretty!

2:31 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

rebecca-I heard Tenn. was gorgeous this time of year :)

miss1999-you should watch Dance Me Outside, its a good movie :)

celeste-we had some idiot burning tires when we didnt have a burn ban-gasp, choke, cough ack!

madd-Jose sends you his best :)

diane-we lost on thursdsay :( close game too...you mean college? I missed it, it was a nice outside day

ms.l.-Ive looked for North of 60 on the dish but havent found it yet-grrr

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home