Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Barbie At DB

I was wondering about my monthly horror-scope, since this week has been so crappy. I was shocked, it wasnt as bad as I had thought....

"An exceptional New Moon is bound to bring excitement to relationships, Taurus. This could trigger memories of past hopes and dreams about partnership, as you compare where you are now to those earlier aspirations...........
October 13: It's a day of innocence, Taurus, so you're allowed to love, play, touch, feel and spend without guilt...........
October 27:An exact conjunction of the Sun and Venus aligns your will with what you desire, making you open to receiving today. Your personality will make you attractive to others, no matter how you think you look.....
"

Here's the link for anyone else interested in thier own. The other signs are at the bottom of the page. October Horoscopes.



I received an email from Dooney & Bourke informing me about the new DB Barbie. How cool is that? If I get an email from Coach publicizing their new doll, I am going to have to spend a lot more money and switch to Louis Vuitton. What is up over at DB? I LOVE their handbags, nearly as much as I love my Coach bags........but Barbie? c'mon!

Okay my gal pals who've had babies before. Let me know what you think about this subject: do you think a woman can be in hard labor and NOT know they are about to deliver a baby? do you think a woman can be preggers and NOT have a clue? Me....hell no. I read this yesterday, "I Didn't Even Know I Was Pregnant!" and I thought, "this woman is crazy!" Of course there were excuses listed as to why she may have not known, but really....both of my boys kicked me half to death, literally knocking the wind out of me....what did she think was moving in her belly? aliens?gas? Wasnt she concerned when her tummy got hard, instead of squishy fat? Theres a BIG difference between 'belly fat' and 'a pregnant belly'. In my tiny community, there is a woman, not much younger than I. She has 4 kids by 4 different fathers. 3 of her pregnancies, she claims to not have known she was even pregnant(altho everyone else was suspicious). She continued to squeeze herself into super-tight jeans and clothes, she went to work, she partied. While at work one day, she got a belly ache, it hurt badly, she thought she had food poisoning, she went to the ER, she delivered a healthy baby girl. Baby labor mistaken for food poisoning?!!?? Crazy! She didnt try this just once but 3X. I guess I may be more in tune to things, but I knew almost immediately when I was preggers, definately NOT something to be ignored....What is your opinions on the "geez, I didnt even know I was preggers.." idea?.


12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian is so funny...
Not knowing was not possible with me, but I have known ones who did not know...I know one, who has several children and was this way with her first..(in this same tiny community)She really did go to the hospital and thought she had food poisoning..she lived with her folks and even worked beside her mom everyday..another recently had a boy..she had no idea she was pg until she felt him move..she decided this was not gas..it is possible, but 3 times, no, I think that has something to do with stupidity? The gal with the 9 month food poisoning is not blonde either...thank goodness!

11:41 AM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

I had 2 unsuccessful pregnancies - both miserable! I had it all, puking, can't sleep, no appetite, uncomfortable, on and on. The second time my Dr's couldn't figure what was wrong with me! lol Stupid. I had a feeling by then and confirmed it with a blood test. They were shocked! I was too! D :}

12:29 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

I'm with you.
Even as a teenager I *knew* before the end of the next month,I knew what was going on.
My friend,who was educated exactly the same way I was,didn't clue in until she was 7 months pregnant.
She found out at an ultrasound,they thought she had CANCER!! Boy were the doctors surprised to see a baby in there!
Nobody thought to do a pregnancy test.
Denial is a powerful thing!
She wasn't the brightest bulb on the tree..I don't know any other way to explain it..
I guess I won't believe otherwise until it happens to me.

2:41 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

bri-your a brat, you dont even drink beer, you dont even drink do ya? oh, a b-day coming up! party party party!

anon-Im glad she isint a blonde, I hate it when stupid people give us blondes a bad name!
'
diane-sometimes MD's arent looking at the obvious, huh?

msl.-denial is a powerful thing-wow!

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

teehee! I know exactly whom your talking about. She is an idiot, I heard she lost her kids thru DHS. My scope was not as promising as Taurus's darn it. Call me, tonite. k? Can I borrow the DB signature bag? the big one....puleesee

Mischa

5:36 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

First, LOVE Louis!!! He's my best friend! ;0) Second, I've never had a baby, but I've watched both of my Godsons come into this world, and there's NO WAY IN HELL Jennifer wouldn't have known she was pregnant, that's just nuts!

5:53 PM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

They're either stupid or in serious denial. I was 18 and stupid and even I knew I was pregnant,

5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had a baby, so I'm probably not the best person to comment but GEEZ! I don't know how you couldn't know. I can see not realizing for a while, but a pregnant belly is so distinctive, not to mention all the other symptoms...I repeat, GEEZ! :)

Thanks for the horoscope link! I thought this was particularly amusing:

The emphasis is on your 9th House of Journeys for the first part of the month. You want everyone to get along and you go out of your way to make people feel comfortable. At the same time, you're even more interested in your own travels, both physical and metaphysical. If you don't hop on a plane for a sudden change of pace, then consider enrolling in a seminar or a course of study. Jupiter, the planet of opportunity, has been in powerful Scorpio in your 10th House of Career all year and is joined now by mental Mercury. Nothing escapes your incisive thinking. Your perceptions are sharp and you become a force to be reckoned with on the job. On October 23, there are five planets in your house of public recognition. Your prior efforts will be rewarded, both financially and with the respect and recognition you deserve.

This month I've started my student teaching at a school an hour away...LOTS of travel! God, I hope they're right about the recognition. I need more education like a hole in the head (two degrees, will have a third by spring, and I can also finish my PhD within a year) I NEED A JOB. ;)

6:57 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

brian-you'd be suprised at how fast my fat *ss can actually move!

butterflychic26-thnx for the link, wow! cool site fer sure. Im going back in a few mintues, I didnt get it all looked at in one visit.

mischa-no, hell no! you have a bag just like mine, use it. You call me, you are never home and you always let your cell take messages.

miss1999-Louis is awesome, but $$$ alot more....sigh

unacknowledgdgenius-I hear ya, I was 23 and did not ever want kids, what a suprise I got.

doe-thats great about your schooling! I hope you get a job where you want to be

7:10 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

butterflychic26-I bet if you ever get knocked up, you know pretty quick. Believe me, I knew something 'was off' right away....

8:28 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

butterflychic26-oh, youd be suprised! your stil very young, I bet you get knocked up w/ TWINS!~!

8:46 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

butterflychic26-lol, be sure to include a nanny fee with the shipping of that twin :))

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home