Sunday, September 24, 2006

Achoo!

This morning I woke up bright and early at 5:45 am. I am not complaining tho, I did get a solid, uninterrupted 6 hours of sleep. But, the cold Ive been holding at bay, has finally sunk it's nasty claws into me. Just typing these few sentences, I sneezed at least 4 times. I took more Zicam, Ill let y'all know if it worked or not.

Yesterday was an A+ weather day-it couldnt have been any better. About an hour before dark, I was able to escape outside, all alone. I had already exercised the Old Guy earlier, so after I did a few chores around the barn, the Old Guy, Elvis, and I went for a walk. Hubby said we looked cute walking off into the trees. Elvis in the front, me in the middle, and the Old Guy's head next to my shoulder. It was such a gorgeous evening!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Elvis and Scooter looking for a crumb.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Elvis, my protector.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Before I headed inside for the night, Elvis was giving me that look, he was wanting indoors for the night too. So, after I checked him over for any ticks, he was allowed inside but slept inside his crate (door unlocked of course!) I use Frontline Plus on him to keep ticks/fleas away-that stuff works! I swear by it. His stinky skunk smell has dissipated. I hope he learned his lesson and leaves skunks alone in the future!

**********************

If y'all want to see a photo of me. You can view me HERE, thats as good as your gonna get today........

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A Hint of Fall


Shadows shifting
Fleeting across
The ground

Leaves falling
Floating softly,
Floating down

Wind blowing
Speaking in
Silent tones

Streams murmuring,
Rippling, gurgling
Over stones

Clouds blowing
Tumbling past
The falling sun

Fading light
On sparkling
Waters run

Trees swaying
A hint of fall
In golden color

The season changes
Crowned with
Glowing splendor


Ivy Schex


9 Comments:

Blogger FelineFrisky said...

Morning BG!! How awful to start fall with a cold. Hope you & TT feel better fast. Zicam works pretty good. Bri has lots of trouble swallowing pills, so it;s a godsend in our house (remindsme, I gotta stock up). Elvis & Scooter are such a cute pair! Glad you had time to spend with them. Very tiny picture. Have a relaxing day! D :)

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elvis, the Vicious! Go Elvis!

Hope you feel better soon and thanks for the extra picture of Elvis. He's got such a personality on him and that's obvious even in pictures. I can't imagine how he is in "real" life!

Pavel

1:19 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

bri-lol, tiny pic eh? so sorry....not really (wink)

diane-Scooter and Elvis get along good, Scooter HATES dogs but tolerates our tiny Elvie, hes a good horse

paval-in real life Elvis is a cutie, but can be a brat! he tries to act like a junkyard guard dog when anyone other than family comes around our home or boys-crazy!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I hope you feel better soon. I looked at your picture.... lol it is small. Thanks for sharing. I think you two protectors are so very cute!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

Sorry for the sickness...

The pic...the cam that you use daily...have your oldest son take your pic for all of us!!!

Feel better!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Sorry to hear about the cold- I had one last week, and it was NO fun, especially with starting a new job. I hope it'll go away real soon. Other than that, sounds like you've had a pretty good weekend :0)

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is off topic, but you mentioned wanting to join the hottie blogger club. click here, and give me your email addy if you want in? it's going to be great fun. i'm cooking up all sorts of things to talk about right as we speak!!

9:26 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

I have found that Zi-cam works for me everytime IF I use it as the first sympton. Otherwise, it takes at least a week to feel normal again. I love the pics of Elvis. My grandmother always had "weiner dogs" (I can't spell dashaunds-I know it has a -c- somewhere but I don't know where) when I was growing up. I liked the poem and I love Oklahoma this time of year.

10:56 PM  
Anonymous Gasphard Ulliel said...

Thanks for this!

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home