Saturday, September 16, 2006

Oops, I Did It Again...

Oops, I over spent my monthly budget again. Hubby did not even b*tch about it and he has kept Toddler Terror all day long. I cut out of here about 10 am after a 30 minute, windy, morning ride on the old guy. I rode over to the 'goat keeper' neighbors at sunrise and bought more goat cheese curds from them. Those things are YUMMY! Then, I came home, took a long, hot shower, and told hubby I needed out, alone, no time restraints. I also had a lot of shopping to do. He just handed over the extra cash I asked for, not one complaint. I guess he knew better since my sanity has been tested by my family here of late. I like to shop. Especially when I am in the mood to shop, like today.

I went to Bartlesville and hit a lot of stores. I think I was in Hobby Lobby and Wal-Mart the longest. I went to the Mall, Walgreens, K-Mart, Atwoods, Big Lots, and even 1 garage sale.

Fall is my favorite season. Nothing beats Fall weather in Oklahoma. The weather is usually perfect, 'cept for today, it was HOT-but its going to be cooler starting tomorrow night or Monday. Anyhow, I bought some new house decor for Halloween and Thanksgiving. I have not put them all out yet. I need to be home alone, or atleast put them all out when Toddler Terror is napping. Toddler Terror helped me put out our yard scarecrows yesterday, I thought they might blow away. I hammered them in the ground pretty good tho. Here are a few I set out this evening. ( Iam no Martha Stewart, good thing too, I dont think Id do all that well in the penn!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now I am relaxing having a few of these Bacardi Apple malt beverages. They are quite tasty. Son #1 went with his friend and his father to a popular dirt bike/atv trail park this afternoon. He just called and they are on their way home. He is spending the night over at their house but the are going to drive out here to drop off his dirt bike, get clothes, and eat some BBQ ribs and cowboy beans I picked up. They said they were starving!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

*******************************


Between My Horse's Wings


Is this real, or is this fantasy?
The wind rushing forcefully
Through my long dark hair
The feel of the cool air
Beneath the horse’s wings

Is this real, or is this fantasy
The muscles work powerfully
To drive us into the night
The stars wink like little lights
Above the horse’s wings

Is this real, or is this fantasy?
As I ride over the ocean and sea
My muscles tense as I hold
My skin red from the windy cold
Flowing past the horse’s wings

Is this real, or is this fantasy?
I revel in this dangerous ecstasy
A silvery mane blows in my face
Blown back, by the wind we race
Born on by the horse’s wings

Is this real, or is this fantasy?
As we fly through the air swiftly
My face is lifted toward the sky
Arms outstretched, wind rushing by
The beating of the horse’s wings

Is this real, or is this fantasy?
Faster and faster, we seem to fly
The wind tugging at my body
As I look to the heavenly bodies
Shining on the horse’s wings

Is this real, or is this fantasy?
My horse flies gracefully
Over the fields and streams
Are these things only my dreams?
Sitting between the horse’s wings

Horse Poet




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





6 Comments:

Blogger Swampwitch said...

OK, I'm homesick. Thanks for visiting today. Glad you had a wonderful time shopping in The Ville. I love that town ! This is a great post. Eclectic. And yes, we do come back quite often and have plans to be there next month. I love all the pics and am jealous I'm struggling to get just one to post. But am experimenting and hope to have this part of blogging "globbing" down soon. Please don't erase my word. I've tried to give it a positive connotation with my Globtionary Post.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

I LOVE shopping too! Actually, I got up early (9a.m.) on a Sat is early for me....and did some shopping myself. My aunts birthday is this weekend and I found her a few things and me a few things. My Norton Antivirus expired and I've been looking for a few days for new software protection. I downloaded Norton and spent 6 hrs on the phone with their techs in INDIA to no avail...so they were supposed to refund my download price....I searched on Consumer reports and went with McAfee from Target today. LSU lost to Auburn, I will hear all kinds of crap from my kids (I live 30 minutes from Auburn) on Monday.

Glad Hubby was good to you today! Yeah! You deserved to have some "ME" time. =)

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE shopping too! Actually, I got up early (9a.m.) on a Sat is early for me....and did some shopping myself. My aunts birthday is this weekend and I found her a few things and me a few things. My Norton Antivirus expired and I've been looking

9:50 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

swampwitch-I took some b-ville pics w/ my phone but cant get them sent to my email addy (my usb only fits my camera-grr) when I figure it out, ill holler at ya : )

rebecca-dontcha ever wish just once to speak to an American when you have puter troubles....or ordering something....?

butterflychic26-??uhohh. Hobby Lobby was fun. They had a good sale too :)Wal-mart, ending layaway really SUCKS!

10:39 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

butterflychic26-ohhhh a flat screen, love them! WM is trying to compete w/ Target....

brian-I missed the OU game..sigh Il be over to visit soon :)

7:40 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Can't wait to see the pics...
...and be glad you missed the game.
AARGH !

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home