Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Fair Day


Someday
By Steve Earle
BestAudioCodes.com

It is official. The 1 stop-light town that son #1 attends school in no longer has a stop-light. It has been converted to a 4-way red flashing stop. Guess the town's officials thought the stop-light was just too much for the tiny community.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I took this picture of the Old Guy out the back door. He was wanting some attention.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Son #1 and Toddler Terror at 8:30 am Saturday morning. Son #1 made the bike he is riding on out of parts from his old bikes. He calls it his 'trick bike'. He has a chopper bike and a Mongoose bike. I asked him why he could not do tricks on his Mongoose bike, which is made specifically for such things, he said he didnt want to tear it up, it was his good bike....? huh?

Son #1 is grounded from his dirt-bike for 2 weeks. I caught him on the county road riding without his helmet. A BIG no-no, which he knows. 1 more week to go, too bad for him! I'll be glad when he tears it up again and it is broke down....I am such a mean mother.

Sometimes, the testosterone level in my house is just too much for me. Can it reach a toxic level? Because, me being surrounded by all this maleness is really starting to get on my nerves.....Ithink Ill get a fish, a female fish. Then maybe I wont feel so out-numbered.

Last week hubby and I discussed what kind of landscaping ideas each of us had for our new yard. Spring is a long ways off so we have a lot of time to plan and do a little bit of research about a variety of shrubs, trees, ect. We are planning on planting a lot of SUCCULENTS (near the house) and some Trees of Rapid Growth. I grew up in N.Michigan where apple trees are abundant. I am thinking about planting a few of them too, along with some hardy pines. Nothing beats the smell of pines....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

TT doing one of his favorite things.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

More jumping and bouncing...all before 9 am. The fun never stops at my house. Yipeeeee..............

*****************************

Saturday Wee One and I went to the Fair.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Toddler Terror had fun doing more jumping.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The we visited the animals. Goats! Toddler Terror loves goats!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wee One watched a sheep being sheared before the livestock shows.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pet Cemetary steers.....

**********************

My life is so exciting, I better go pinch myself just to make sure it's the real deal......sigh

11 Comments:

Blogger kel said...

Yesterday we were in Tulsa and went to Bealls amusement park the horse show was going on next door, we saw some pretty horses in the parking lot, I thought Barn Goddess would be taking some awesome pics here!

9:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful horse pic. Looks like fun on the trampoline

9:50 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Kel-Bells is FUN! I wish I was at the big horse show, it was easier w/ wee one to just go to the local fair.

dakotablueeyes-thnx I think the old guy is the prettiest horse ever...but I am biased :)

brian-if we have anymore excitement we might need a valium, yeah right who the hell am I kidding.....definately NOT myself.

10:17 AM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

you've got alot of activity going on at 830 in the morning!!! toddler boy looks so stinking cute :)

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was told the flashing light is only temporary until light is fixed..it has been out about 3 days..and they did have barrels up..I never go that way..Who knows tho, city may feel it is more economical to leave it flashing...Oh well! That is the way it is in Small Town America!
Have a great Sunday!

1:08 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kt-yep. the fun never stops...

anon-small town America, I like it.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Ok- you know I'm excited there were cow pictures- I'm nuts about cows!!! TT is such a little cutie! I bet he had a great time at the fair! I don't blame you for grouding your oldest. Riding that dirtbike without is helmet is VERY dangerous! I swear, these kids, I don't know what it will take to make them learn. As always, thanks for sharing the pics :0)

3:34 PM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Great pics as always. I didn't get to go to our fair this year...sniff sniff....maybe next year.

6:17 PM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

BG - sounds like you had fun at the fair with TT. Trmpolines are fun! Your plan for landscaping sounds good. Don't apple trees need lots od water for fruits? Maybe there is an OK apple breed that you could plant. D :)

6:56 PM  
Blogger ~ good girl ~ said...

Female fish? Hehehehehe!!! Yep, I am sure that would even things out by heaps :-)

Can Wee One get any cuter???

Hugs,
GG x

8:12 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

miss1999-lots of steers at the fair, we even petted a little bottle-fed angus calf, sweet :)

redneckgirl-I hope you get to go next year ;)

diane-Ill have to look into which apple trees grow goo din Okla. Fruit trees are quite abundant here, so are pecan trees.

butterflychic26-oh noo! I hope you feel better asap. I was wondering where ya been!! Dont be suprised if I give ya holler, Tulsa Fair is coming up :)

GG-yes, I thought about bright gold fantail goldfish :)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home