Friday, September 08, 2006

Man In The Moon


Cat's In The Cradle
By Harry Chapin
BestAudioCodes.com

The U.S. House on Thursday voted 263-146 in favor of the American Horse Slaughter Prevention ACT , which bans the slaughter of horses for human consumption. I've stated how I feel about this here and here . It is inhumane, the methods used to kill these lovely creatures. It is just wrong to slaughter horses for food.

******************************

Son #1 played a great game. We won lastnite 24-16. I was on the edge of my rock-hard, bleacher seat about to have a heart-attack until I stood up to get a better view and take some video. Maybe during football season my MD should give me heart meds......I think I need 'em. A couple of mothers are very loud, with their hollering and cheering. Geesh, once they were standing behind me and nearly scared me half to death. It was HOT and as the 'visitors', our bleachers are directly in the sun. My pictures didnt turn out all that well...but my videos did. Mostly my fault because I was watching the game, it was very fast paced, and trying to chat. A friend I had not visited with in a couple of months was there. She sat with me for quite awhile, in between chasing her 3yo girl around and getting her husband concession food. We visited at the end of the quarters and half-time. Someday, Ill tell you about T. but not today.....

In the game picture below son#1 is kind of in the middle.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In the next 2 pictures, son#1 has his hand on the ball.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tuesday's game is a home game, I should have a lot better pictures...maybe Ill even remember to use my zoom!

*************

It was a beautiful Full moon last night. It was so bright outside, lots of stars too. After everyone went to bed, I found myself up all alone waiting to watch Letterman after the local news. I decided to go out to the barn and give Scooter a couple of carrots. It was so nice outside! I was sorely tempted to take a night ride on the Ole Guy like we used to..........but then, I thought with the way my luck has been running lately, I'd probably fall off and conk my head or something stupid. Plus, I was starting to get tired, but the itch to ride was so strong. After Scooter ate all his treats and let me fuss over him a bit, I decided to get my camera and take a moon picture. I took 2, my camera needs new batteries I think, or it could just be me. Anyhow, I was on the front porch when I took the pictures and damn near busted my ass tripping over a lawn chair, I decided at that moment, it was not a good nite for a solo midnight ride. I am not sure what happened to make that one picture red. I do not think my hand was in the way..hmmmm.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

While I was star gazing, I decided to come indoors and check my Taurus September Horoscope . Something I rarely do anymore. When I was in high school, my friends and I would run to the School library every morning before class and check our horoscopes in the newspaper. If only Sister Maria had known we were up to no good occult stuff....she thought we were just keeping up on our current events. Not to get off track but is Astrology occult or what? I know I learned about this but Ive killed off too many brain cells since that lesson. I am not too sure I believe in Astrology either...but I am superstitious about certain things.....

This is why I rarely check my horrorscope. It usually sucks. Here are a few snippets from my September scope:

"The first, a Lunar Eclipse in Pisces on September 7 makes for an unpredictable environment where plans change without warning." Ohh, that sounds like a fun suprise....cant wait.

"You could find yourself scrambling to find a rhythm." I have enough trouble with this, I do not need any extra.

"An intense Solar Eclipse on September 22 is hooked up with Venus and Pluto, which can push relationships to the limit." Like they arent already?

"No matter how much you give to some people it's not enough." Ive known this my whole life, I do not expect it to change.

"Disappointment can stir resentments that keep you entangled with someone. Let go instead of trying to get even." Uhoh, this could mean a lot of things.

I am going back to bed. Will someone wake me on October 1st?

10 Comments:

Blogger GaffLady said...

oh! i am a horoscope checker. beautiful pictures of the full moon! it was smiling pretty at me last night.

6:35 AM  
Blogger kel said...

We saw the beautiful moon, Britt and i were out and I called Matt and told him to take Brae outside to see it.

Great on the 1st football win!

6:58 AM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Congrats on the win....you must be so proud!

I love being outside @ night.....looking at the moon and stars.....where I live now I get to actually see the stars.

9:01 AM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

No concession stand duty this time, huh? Good. Glad his team won, and by quite a bit too. Did the vet find a way to get Scooter to take his meds? Night ride sounds wonderful, especially last night with the full moon. My horoscope always SUCKS too. So depressing, can't read them anymore - ruins my whole day. D :)

9:42 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kt-the moon was awesome

brian-you are so right about it being a FULL moon friday

kel-it was so BRIGHT!

redneckgirl-I have to see the sky, very important : )

diane-Im so glad I am NOT the only one who dislikes horrorscopes ;)

11:14 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

butterflychic26-where ya been? oh on a bender, thats right!! just joking...sorta. I hope your nephew does well :)

brian-thnx. I read some and took a break, what a great tribute...

3:16 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I thought those pictures were great! I don't know what you're talking about girl! :0) Glad to hear that they won! Also glad to hear about the horse law being passed. I totally agree with you there. It's so funny you should mention horoscopes- When me and my best friend, Jen were in high school, we HAD to check our horoscopes EVERY day. Things just didn't go right if we didn't! Oh how times change ;0)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

I am glad the game was a success. I also enjoyed your pics...and it sounds like you better off not going for a ride on mr. horse last night...although I bet he enjoyed those carrots!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Love the game pics. Looks like fun. None of my kids ever played football. They played basketball for a while until they got tired of it. they've never been really into any kind of sports. It would have been fun though. Sometimes I read my horoscope just for fun. But never take it seriously, like you said usually can mean whatever you want it to mean.

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting to watch your big man play football! Great pics, as usual.

pavel

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home