Monday, September 04, 2006

Gray Labor Day...

Labor Day dawned dreary and gray this morning. The whole holiday weekend has been a bit cloudy, but today it is sprinkling a little bit. We need rain badly, I am not complaining.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Yesterday morning, it was chilly. When I went outside at daybreak to feed the Old Guy. A feeling that Fall is near came over me. Seeing more whitetails moving about and yes, those nasty coyotes. The tree's leaves in Oklahoma do turn bright colors in the Fall, but they are no comparision for the brilliant purples, reds, oranges, and yellows, the trees in Northern Michigan Fall Colors turn. Growing up, I took it for granted. Now, I look back and remember those Sunday drives as a kid, looking at the stunning and various colors, seeing the deer in velvet and hearing the rare bugling Elk searching for it's mate. Yes, I'd say Fall is near but I would not go so far to say it was right around the corner.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Fitting todays bleak weather, I awoke to seeing one of my absolute favorite TV personalities in the world, Steve Irwin, the 'Crocodile Hunter' is dead at 44 yo.
"He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart," said Stainton, who was on board Irwin's boat at the time.
Irwin was at Batt Reef, off the coast of Northeastern Queensland state, filming a segment for a series called "Ocean's Deadliest" when he swam too close to one of the animals, which have a poisonous barb on their tails. Apparently it jabbed him underneath his ribcage, penetrating into his heart. This accident is called freakish and not likely to occur. Y'all know his American wife Terry, but they also have 2 children, an 8yo girl and a 2 yo son (almost the same age as my Toddler Terror). This is such a tragedy! Son #1 has grown up watching the Crocodile Hunter Series. This is one of our favorite shows. It teaches about animals and respect for nature. Irwin's death is such a huge loss, not only to his family, but to the world who liked and admired him for who and what he is. I know this story has been all over the net, but at our house, Irwin was a regular on the TV screen.......

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Since today is Monday, house cleaning day, I am only poking at it ever so lightly. Just making it presentable. I cant do any real heavy-duty cleaning when the whole entire messy family is present-grrr. My family is driving me crazy today. These 3 day weekends aren't as pleasurable for me as they seem to them....It feels like Sunday doesnt it? Mr. D. told me I didnt have to ride his filly today, it being a holiday and all..........I think I'll go ride her anyhow.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Blondie!!

Guess who? Mel sent me your link. She said Mischa told her not to comment. What is up with that? Call me, I moved out of Danny's and over near Bowring. Still at Nickys working like a mule. Call me you hermit.

Bec

4:30 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Bec-talk 'bout a blast from the past! Geesh!!! Call you? how? I need a #. Whats all this I hear 'bout you having an OLD boyfriend? email me!!!

7:03 PM  
Blogger kel said...

I came in from Tulsa and started reading blogs and saw that the crocodile hunter had died and was shocked.

7:15 PM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

Sorry about your crocodile guy...a friend called me this morning to tell me they were bummed about him dying too. He did have a dangerous profession...I spent most of today sleeping...but thinking about Kurt in New Orleans...wondering what his weekend consisted of...since he didn't call me!! =(

8:28 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kel-how was T-town? as far as big cities go, T-Town is one of the BEST! Irwin, dammit, what a tragedy. My boys love his show, especially my 12 yo whos been a faithful viewer...

rebecca-did u get caught up on your zzzz's? so how was your date? details..lemme have 'em girl!

8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I felt pretty bad about the guy dying too. I didn't watch his show very often but I felt bad knowing his wife and kids won't get to spend their lives with him.

Cleaning up is near impossible when you have folks over. Good luck!

pavel

10:37 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

My heart was broken over the Crocodile Man (that's what I always called him) I just couldn't believe it- such a tragedy :0(....

Our Labor Day was the same way- cloudy and grey (very rainy at times, too)... You're right, fall is just around the corner. Where has this year gone?

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home