Monday, August 28, 2006

Boomer


Serenity
By Godsmack
CodesAndLyrics.com
"If today I had a young mind to direct, to start on the journey of life, and I was faced with the duty of choosing between the natural way of my forefathers and that of the... present way of civilization, I would, for its welfare, unhesitatingly set that child's feet in the path of my forefathers. I would raise him to be an Indian!"
Tom Brown, Jr., The Tracker
Elvis & Sammy chilling this afternoon. We went for a long walk and then we jumped on the trampoline, again. When we returned from our walk, Elvis sped over to his food dish. There was a lizard (mountain boomer) eating his dog food! He chased it up the tree where he insisted on barking at it for about 2 minutes until he got hot. Then he took a break on the lawn chair with Toddler Terror. I think I am the only weenie dog owner who's weenie dog lounges in their water bucket like a Labrador Retriever would do! We gave ourselves a workout today. Hopefully sleep will come quick and last all night long at bedtime.

Son#1 jumped with Wee One on the trampoline and played Tonka trucks with him this evening while I went for a short, relaxing trail ride on Scooter. We rode down the road a ways. I havent been to any of our new neighbor's houses but I know who lives in all of them. The goat people are very nice. I see them on occassion in town and hubby gets gravel from the company the Mr. Goat Owner drives for, so he sees him driving loads of gravel to the leases often. Mr. Goat Owner told hubby the billygoat is mean. Well, I am not suprised, when we road by their pasture he rushed the fence like he was going to try to get Scooter and I. Scooter just ignored him until he ran down the fence line, then Scooter laid his ears back giving his best, I am pissed look at the goat. It was the look he gives a dog chasing him just before he kicks the sh*t outta it. Good thing the goat was behind it's fence. All the little goats ran up to the fence too, they are so cute! but they stunk!

It looks like I am going to be busy soon. I've taken on a horse to ride everyday out at D.'s ranch. A sweet, little, Paint, 4yo filly who does not need much work, just the polish-easy, easy, easy stuff. I had origionally went to see about breaking some colts. 2 to be exact, but they will not be 2yo until February of '07. I thought I was going to be riding some colts not ground handling, teaching ground manners to 900 lbs colts is work. They are not due to be gelded until the fall, either. I noticed some nasty stud behavior in the dominant colt, a plain looking Dun with a nightmarish hairdoo. Geesh.... The little sorrel colt seems docile. He came right up to me and let me touch him, give him a scratch or two. The 2 colts have been running in the pasture since they were weaned with not much else done to them except getting handled for regular vaccinations/wormings and the farrier. This should be interesting...

Here is a fact that Son #1 informed me about this eveing. He said a fart can travel up to 16 feet. I asked him where he learned that. He said, "either the radio or at school." I dont think he was sure, but he said it was a fact.......scary fact!

4 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Butterflychic26-Godsmack rocks!

9:47 PM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

Yay! Time for yourself! Just what was needed. Glad wee one zonked out after his workout! He looks SO angelic - HA! Good to find that your stress level has subsided a bit. Remember, I'm here when you wanna blow off steam. :) D

6:51 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

brian-yep, what I know best, horses..I know only alittle about goats tho

friskyfeline-angelic? lmao, he looks it but is FAR from it!

8:01 AM  
Blogger ~ good girl ~ said...

I am in love with Toddler Terror. How can anyone have such lovely sunshine curls and look so cute lazing in that chair with a pooch??

As for farts, I'll take Son #1's word for it :-)

GG xo

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home