Saturday, September 09, 2006

Where is Trenton Duckett?

Nancy Grace is the kind of person most people either love her or hate her. I am neither. Sometimes I do not agree with her. Sometimes she is totally annoying. But, I think she is brilliant. NG is one smart lady, no one can deny her that. Occassionally, hubby and I enjoy watching her TV program on Headline News. Last night we caught part of it and she was discussing 2 yo Trenton Duckett .

Ive been known to frequent message boards and the internet sleuthing communities often. Lately, I have not had the time so I had not kept up to date on the news regarding Ducketts case. Since the little guy is 2 yo, like my Wee One, his case struck a chord inside my heart. I cannot imagine putting him to sleep at night only to discover him missing 2 hours later. Frantic, scared, and desperate. Those are the only words I could describe how I would feel. Desperate, not the kind of desperation that would make me put a gun to my head tho....

I want to thank my bestest and one of my oldest blogger friends, brian over at truth is freedom for sending me the latest news link. This case is in his area and he knew it was on my mind. Last night I just did not have the energy to cover Trenton Duckett's case. After catching NG's program, I think we need an all out effort now to locate little 2 yo trenton Duckett.

Orlando Sentinel gave the best background on Trenton's case.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingNeighbors said they saw little of Trenton, described last week by his mother as a friendly, outgoing and intelligent toddler. He rarely came outside to play, Inglis said.Police have spent the past few days trying to confirm the whereabouts of Trenton and his mother 48 hours before the toddler's reported disappearance.Eubank has told the Orlando Sentinel that Melinda Duckett and Trenton were at her home all day Aug. 26 -- 24 hours before police received a 911 call about the boy's abduction.Investigators arrived at Melinda Duckett's apartment shortly after 9 p.m. two Sundays ago and found the boy's bedroom-window screen ripped 10 inches.Melinda Duckett told police that she had put her son to bed around 7 p.m. and invited two men over to watch the movie Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.When she went to check on him after the movie, he was gone, she told investigators. Both men in the apartment told police they did not see Trenton while visiting.Several hours later, police issued a statewide Amber Alert. The next day investigators from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, the FBI and several Central Florida agencies began canvassing Lake County and interviewing relatives, neighbors and nearby registered sex offenders.When asked last week whether she was involved in her son's disappearance, Melinda Duckett told the Orlando Sentinel: "There's no one I know who could be that malicious."

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingMelinda Duckett dead from a self inflicted gunshot wound.This is not of the norm. Suicide by firearm is not common among women. This is a fact. MD had prior mental problems. She was admitted into psych help thru the Bakers Act prior to the disappearence of TD. Duckett's suicide is a huge setback in the search for Trenton. What kind of mother kills herself when her 2 yo toddler has been allegedly kidnapped? That would not even cross my mind as a mother. Here is a great timeline that was in the above news article.

Trenton Duckett Timeline
Aug. 10, 2004: Trenton Duckett born to Melinda Eubank and Joshua Duckett.
April 6, 2005: Joshua Duckett calls Bushnell Police Department with concerns about Trenton's welfare. Melinda Eubank (maiden name) is investigated on child neglect and endangerment allegations, but DCF investigators find no evidence that Trenton is in danger.
April 16, 2005: Joshua Duckett complains to the Bushnell Police Department that Melinda Eubank, his ex-girlfriend, has been entering his truck and moving his belongings. Duckett tells police he is concerned that Eubank may hurt their child if he does not rekindle their relationship. The investigating officer notes that he has been to to the couple's home in the past in response to verbal domestic disputes.
April 27, 2005: Joshua Duckett's workplace, Love's Creation in Bushnell, burns in an arson fire. Love's is owned by Joshua Duckett's mother, Carla Massero. Two friends of Melinda Eubank are later named as possible suspects.
July 3, 2005: Joshua Duckett and Melinda Eubank marry. Lake County Court records list their address in Leesburg.
Dec. 25, 2005: Melinda Duckett calls the Bushnell Police Department for a well-being check on Trenton. He is at Massero's house with Joshua Duckett, who is living in Croom-a-Coochee. Police tell Melinda Duckett the boy is fine. She later calls for another well-being check. She is again told he is fine, and police warn her not to make unfounded complaints.
June 14, 2006: Melinda Duckett files for divorce.
July 5, 2006: Melinda Duckett requests an injunction against Joshua Duckett for protection against domestic violence.
July 13, 2006: Melinda Duckett is granted temporary custody of Trenton and Joshua Duckett is ordered to have no contact with the child until the case is heard.
Aug. 4, 2006: The request for injunction case is continued in Lake County Court.
Aug, 27, 2006: Melinda Duckett reportedly discovers Trenton missing from his bedroom.
Sept. 8, 2006: Melinda Duckett is found dead of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound in her grandparents' Villages home.

NG's program had been taped earlier. While it aired, it showed that MD's body was discovered at her Grandparent's house, she was dead form a self-inflicted gunshot wound. After watching NG, then reading NG's Transcripts,, I am not shocked by MD's actions. Some snippets below.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"GRACE: Out to Trenton`s father, Josh Duckett. Have you taken a polygraph?JOSH DUCKETT: Yes.
GRACE: You pass it?
JOSH DUCKETT: They didn`t say whether you pass or fail, but the response was favorable, they said."
GRACE: Who was there?
JOSH DUCKETT: FBI agents.
GRACE: Did you have a lawyer with you?JOSH DUCKETT: No.
GRACE: Did you feel like you needed a lawyer?
JOSH DUCKETT: No, not at all.
GRACE: Do you currently have lawyer?
JOSH DUCKETT: No.

GRACE: Out to Melinda Duckett. This is Trenton`s mom. Melinda, have you taken a polygraph?
MELINDA DUCKETT: I`ve spoken to the investigators, and Joshua is on the outside loop of it, and as far as the investigative techniques are concerned with polygraph, stress test, physical searches, interviews, et cetera, my family and I have fully cooperated with local law enforcement and...
GRACE: Have you taken a polygraph?
MELINDA DUCKETT: ... the federal and everything...(CROSSTALK)
MELINDA DUCKETT: And locally, they don`t have enough necessary experience, and that`s why the FBI was called in to begin with. I`ve been instructed to only speak with them, with their unit, and anything that they release to the media or public is up to them. Now, as far as...
GRACE: Have you taken a polygraph?
MELINDA DUCKETT: ... or anything -- like I said, I mean, anything that I do or anything is in cooperation with them. I`m doing everything they want me to. But as far as details and everything, I mean, I`m leaving everything up to them.
GRACE: Right. Have you taken a polygraph?
MELINDA DUCKETT: I`ve done everything they`ve asked me to.
GRACE: Melinda, my producers tell me police say they offered you a polygraph and you haven`t taken it yet.
MELINDA DUCKETT: Well, I`m not sure what the police are doing. I`m not working with the police. But everything with the FBI is being handled.
GRACE: Have the FBI offered you a polygraph?
MELINDA DUCKETT: I beg your pardon?
GRACE: Have the FBI offered you a polygraph?
MELINDA DUCKETT: Everything that they have done (INAUDIBLE) and asked and everything, we`ve cooperated with. Just like with my husband, obviously, you know, there`s nothing coming up with anything.
GRACE: To Josh Duckett. That`s Trenton`s father. You say the FBI poly-ed you?
JOSH DUCKETT: Yes.
GRACE: Did they offer it to you or tell you you had to do it?
JOSH DUCKETT: They offered it to me. They asked if I`d do it voluntarily, that they couldn`t make me do it, and I voluntarily done it.
DAVID SCHWARTZ, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Yeah I`m very surprised. Especially I`m very surprised that Melinda hasn`t lawyered up. I mean her answers to your questions are elusive at times and one in particular is that she`s not working with local police. You know you`re in this situation, it`s a horrible tragic situation, now you`re going to pick and choose what law enforcement agencies you`re going to work with and what you`re not going to work with? This is a desperate situation for desperate measures. You`re going to be working with everybody. That answer makes absolutely no sense to me, Nancy.
GRACE: Explain, Melinda. I`m sure you have an answer. Melinda Duckett, Trenton`s mom.
MELINDA DUCKETT: All four of those agencies, Leesburg Police, Lake County Sheriff, the FBI from Quantico and the FBI from Ocala, none of them are on the same page. The FBI out of Ocala specifically told me to only speak to them and to deal with them so that all of them could be on the same page with everything. And it was ridiculous because people were getting their facts wrong, they were misinterpreting things and they weren`t getting the information across correctly. That was their fault.
GRACE: Did you also get that same lecture, Josh Duckett, to only deal with one entity?
JOSH DUCKETT: No, not at all.
GRACE: Have you been working with local police, as well?
JOSH DUCKETT: I`ve been working with local police, FDLE and the FBI. GRACE: So Melinda, do you feel that you are being given different instructions than your husband?
MELINDA DUCKETT: Well obviously that is the case, but I mean, I`m all hands in the pot with this whole deal. I`m not sitting down either crying my eyes out in my house not doing anything or gluing myself to the police department door. I`m actually physically doing things.
GRACE: Tell me what you`re doing?
MELINDA DUCKETT: In addition to all the flyers and everything, we`ve done -- we`ve dealt with the media many, many, many times, with the FBI on this case, with obviously the chain letters that are going through across the internet and everything trying to spread it out as far as we possible can. Not only that, but with our local churches, there`s prayer groups and everything like that. Also, one other thing, as far as the lawyers go, we have been ongoing for two years with this. Joshua does have a lawyer and I also have one.
GRACE: For your divorce?
MELINDA DUCKETT: No, for the entire thing. For the custody and everything and for the injunction.
GRACE: Ok. Josh, it`s my understanding you guys have had a very, very bitter split but I`m talking about lawyers as they relate to the disappearance of your son. You don`t have a lawyer for that, right, Josh?
JOSH DUCKETT: No. I don`t have a lawyer for anything to do with the disappearance of my son.
GRACE: Right, why aren`t you telling us and giving us a clear picture of where you were before your son was kidnapped?
MELINDA DUCKETT: Because I`m not going to put those kind of details out? GRACE: Why?
MELINDA DUCKETT: Because I was told not to.
GRACE: Ms. Duckett, you are not telling us for a reason. What is the reason? You refuse to give even the simplest facts of where you were with your son before he went missing. It is day 12.

*********as Toddler Terror's mother, I know we do not go about shopping, to the Post Office, ect WITHOUT being noticed...NO WAY NO HOW!*********

One thing that bothers me is MD's statement in NG's interview, MD said "he" was STILL alive when she put Trenton to bed or checked on him. WTF??!!?!! This gal had my hinky meter on high alert even before I realized she had prior mental problems, then offed herself. The wires are burning up with accusations against NG for in an indirect way 'causing' the suicide. That is total BULLSHIT. No one forced Melinda to go on NG's show. Everyone knows NG is straight up and hard-edged. She may tough and pushy, but she asks IMPORTANT questions. NG would be the FIRST national media person I contacted if I ever needed help.

Some interesting things:

Melinda Duckett moved to Florida in 2002 to live with her paternal grandparents and finish high school. She had since moved on to college, where Eubank said she had a 4.0 grade point average and was interested in pursuing a career in criminal psychology.

JAMES_DUCKETT, Trenton's grandfather is on death row in Florida. He is a former Mascotte police officer convicted in 1988 of raping, strangling and drowning an 11-year-old girl. James Duckett claims he is innocent......

Josh Duckett (Trenton's father) was worried MD would harm their son. MD said if the relationship was not rekindled she would hurt their son. He reported this to law enforcement.

Josh Duckett is not a suspect in his son's disappearence....

As you can imagine lots of amatuer internet sleuthers have their ideas as to what has happened to Trenton. Investigators are still searching for him, hoping he is live somewhere, possibly with family out of the State of Florida. But, I am not inclined to think so. It's obvious, MD was not close with her out-of-state kin. It is obvious, MD has some sort of psychotic or what ever the hell you want to call it mental issue going on. As someone who can put 2 + 2 together, I think MD did something awful to that little boy and then she killed her-selfish-self because she did not want to deal with it.

I hope with all my heart, I am proved WRONG and Trenton is found alive and safe soon.....

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning B.G.-I want to thannk you for keeping these cases in the spotlight. I think she did something with him, and don't think it was a good thing. I'm on a board constantly that you frequent, that's how I came across your blog here months ago & let me tell you, I was a posting maniac til 1:30 last night. With the sickening death of Marcus Fiesel (if you don't of him, google and get your tissues) & the other cases involving kids lately, I've had it. These people treat these kids like they are nothing. I don't get it - & other things we see in this world, it's really really sad and time for people to stop being so d*** politically correct and do what's right. Off my soapbox now - time to clean. Nah, who am I kidding, I'm off to check the boards!!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

See as a teacher, I deal with some of these leftover kids...meaning parents who cannot be fulltime parents do not need to BE ALLOWED to reproduce. I mean...how can a kid ever get a fair shot at the world if he/she is surrounded my normal caring and somewhat intelligent people. If you can't give the emotional side or the WANTING to be a Parent (Not a oops--i'm preg guess i'll deal with it parent) then we should neuter some of these PEOPLE. Can I hear an AMEN?

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only sometimes watch Nancy Grace and so I missed this one. Oh the poor little guy. I have the urge to run up the hill to check on my nephew who's almost two.

I'm with you, BG. I think she did something to that little boy and then cried "kidnapping!". All I can think of is that Susan Smith who drowned her boys. Up here a mother also drowned her children then claimed kidnapping. And doesn't this just smack of that CSI episode where the baby was accidentally killed and then they staged the kidnapping? That was fiction and this is real but I so think she did something to that cutie pie.

Some people should just not be parents. Sigh. But I'm still going to cross my fingers and hope for the best for Trenton.

12:24 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

sailorsmoon-hop on your soapbox anytime you please 'round here. Its okay by me. I read about Marcus Fiesel, AWFUL!Like you, and Im sure you know this since you frequent the same forums as I, I have a NO MERCY policy for people who hurt/abuse/murder children....no excuses. MD just gave me a BAD feeling......

rebecca-I bet you see A LOT of that kinda thing. I do not think I could deal with it and be civil, Id be fired or incarcerated for telling/giving the lowlife parents what they need.....2 words SPAY Neuter.

jennahoward-sad, I hate to think about what that little guy went/or is going thru right now. They are so tiny and vulnerable. It just makes me so angry to think about anyone hurting little ones who cannot protect themselves, especially when it is their own parents (SMITH, to mention just ONE)

bri-sigh....I am with you on that one too...but still a flicker of hope......

1:11 PM  
Blogger kel said...

I like Nancy Grace most of the time sometimes she gets on a kick and I dont like it.
What an awful story so sad. I wonder why the father wasnt given any visitation when the mother was the one with mental histiry. Ugh.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I hadn't heard about this case before- there is so much information here, I'm going to come back and read over it again. Bless his sweet little heart- I hope he's found safe and sound.

12:05 AM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

This is so pathetically sad. I pray they find the boy alive and well but it doesn't look good.

1:42 AM  
Blogger ~ good girl ~ said...

That is so sad :-( MD's evasive answers judt don't measure up. I agree!! It does seem bleak but I'm still going to hope for the best regardless.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i found this on americas most wanted webpage.

In 2005, Joshua Duckett tried to get the court to issue an injunction against HIS mother, accusing her of harassing calls and threatening to kidnap Trenton. A judge rejected his request.

Do you know if the cops investigated her or anything?

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anon-havent heard of this. All I can find right now is about Caylee Anthony. Both are horrible cases..

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home