Monday, September 18, 2006

Tis The Haunting Season


Living Dead Girl
By Rob Zombie
BestAudioCodes.com

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Okay, maybe I am sorta getting ahead start on Halloween, but I like this Holiday. It falls during my favorite season. I am fascinated by the paranormal kinda stuff, so naturally, Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I have all of my Halloween decorations out already. No scary ones tho-much to my 12 yo's disappointment, all of our Halloween decorations are cute because of Wee One. I'll take my 12 yo to atleast 3 'famed' Charity put-on Haunted Houses next month. I'll even go thru them with him. I like a good scare-also, they are charitable events, so it is money well spent.

Do I believe in the paranormal? Yes, I am not quite sure what exactly IT is, but I believe it exists. My family (especially my 12 yo and I) love to watch Ghosthunters on Scifi(TAPS) on Wednesdays nights, even hubby watches it with us, and he doesnt like anything scary.

Here are a few haunted places (or maybe haunted) in Oklahoma I have either visited first-hand or want to:

Ponca City - Poncan Theatre. This theatre is one of the oldest buildings in Ponca City. People have reported hearing footsteps when nobody else is present, seeing people who disappear quickly afterwards, and classic ghost stuff like that. In the basement, some people have reported hearing the beating of an Indian drum nearby. Also, there is a stain in the ceiling that closely resembles blood. People have made every effort to remove it: washing it, painting over it, etc. But it always comes back after a few days. Personally, I have never been inside the Theatre, so I cannot form an opinion....sigh.

Pawhuska - Bird Creek School. There is a school off in the woods behind lake bluestem it is an old one room school house that was used for Native American children in the early 1900's but the chalk board was still in-tact(for awhile) and it is said that if you enter and write you name on the board and come back at a later time that your name will be scratched off the board. I am not sure about the chalk board instance, but I did know an Old Osage Indian(he's passed away) who attended school back when it was open, he said it was haunted then. I have been inside, just had an uncomfortable, very cold feeling(it was about 92 degrees out that day).

Sand Springs - Postok Cemetery. Balls of light move about in the cemetery and in the woods behind. Warm and very cold spots all over. This is an old cemetary, I have not had the opportunity to visit but when I do, I am taking my camera because others have told me orbs are in every picture you take here.

Pawhuska - Green Eyes. The story behind green eyes is unclear, nobody really knows what happened but it is rumored that a man went crazy and drove his car that had his 2 children and his wife over the bridge and they drowned. Also, Ive heard an Osage Woman who was a witch was killed in this area of the creek for being evil. If you go over green eyes bride at midnight and turn off your lights you will see two green eyes and when you turn on your lights to see what it is there is nothing there. My friend L. and I might have witnessed something strange(it wasnt green eyes tho)-but we are not sure because we had just left a party (we were just recently 21 and whooping it up) so it might have been Jose Quervo playing a trick on us! Regardless, this is right near the Bird Creek School and the whole area in itself gives off a creepy feeling-daylight OR dark!

Skiatook - Witch's Grave. This location is an old late 1800's and early 1900's grave yard called Hillside cemetery marked by an historical site marker. It is known that a witch in the early 1900's is buried there. Many disturbing things have happened on and near this location. Talk of demonic possessions and alternately the destruction of lives to those who disturb the witch's grave. The Death of a young teen-age boy in the mid 70's that wrecked his car at a very near by bridge is known to walk the roads around the cemetery. From Skiatook take Hwy 11 north to Hillside Rd. Turn east stay on the road it will be on the east side of the road just past the curves. I have driven past this place once, I was not comfortable stopping, a bad feeling-like a sense of dread. I was not stopping for anything.

I took the pictures below back in June. It is an old cemetary. I drive to it occassionally to check the grave of my Old Osage Friend. I think I am the only one left around who cares for it. I feel it is my responsibility to pull the weeds growing up around the headstone, brush off the grass trimmings, and make sure all is right at my Friend's grave.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a little bit off my haunted topic, but it was fun. Do you believe in past lives? Me? I'm not-so-sure.....but I went here anyhow: Free Past Life Analysis - Who Were You?

This is what it said:

Diagnosis:
I do not know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.

You were born somewhere around territory of modern Tailand approximately on 1575.

Your profession was sailor, shoemaker.


Your brief psychological profile in that past life: Inquisitive, inventive, liked to get to the very bottom of things and to rummage in books. Talent for drama, natural born actor.

Lesson, that your last past life brought to present: Your lesson -- to learn discretion and reasonability and then teach others to do that. Your life will be happier, when you help those who lack reasoning.

Now you remember?

Nope, I dont remember a damn thing.....


More Halloween Posts coming.......(I think!)

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob Zombie - now we're talking!have to dig out my cd now. Heard the talking & thought, is that, yanked the headphones off, sure enough- now we're awake!! My 12yo is getting ready for football practice & just glaring at me!! Love Halloween too, was just remembering all the haunted trails I'd take the kids on when we lived in WV. I haven't been feeling well - but feel better now! Thanks BG!! Have a great one!!

6:09 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

brian-I LOVE Halloween and Thanksgiving (we spend thanksgiving w/ best friend L and her family as well as my in-laws and we also deer hunt that day!)

butterflychic26-ROB ZOMBIE ROCKS!! more to come of him too....

sailormoon-lol, arent 12 yo's FUN? mine is just such a joy some days (joking) todays gameday too. Im glad you feel better :)))

7:24 AM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

:( We can't hear your music. Mac can't find the plug-ins, whatever they are. humph!

I always hated Haloween, and Easter - I can't have candy, diabetic. I used to have to take my sister 'round, so I'd steal it out of her stash. She never missed it. We used to have a Lion's Club parade evry Haloween and the kids all dressed up and were judged for prizes. I won one year, I was an angel - HA! I was also on a float once. sigh..... D :)

7:40 AM  
Blogger Celeste said...

Love the fall! Love hauntins!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

First, I loved all the references to the haunted places in OK. Been to all those cities (towns) but not to those exact locations.
My, you put a lot of time and effort into this post. Thank You.
When I taught school, it was finally decided the students couldn't dress in "Halloween" costumes, so we made it "Character Day" where they dressed up as their favorite book character. They had to stay in character all day and know details about whoever it was they were portraying. It was fun.
I've already eaten too much candy corn.
When my speakers work, I'll listen.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barngoddess: I have been to green eyes many, many times. I am not positive about the story behind it either. It is a creep place. Not a place to be alone at night. Are you from Pawhuska, Oklahoma? I lived there from 1988 until 2004. I live in Cleveland, Oklahoma now.

12:40 PM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

I love Halloween......getting to dress up as someone else ;)

We have a pretty famous haunted spot here.....Waverly Hills, maybe I'll suggest Mindtwister should do a post on it.....he knows more about it than I do.

Now off to find out who I was in my past life.

HUGS

1:43 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

diane-you an Angel? I can see it :) Im still laughing over u raiding your sister's candy and her not knowing, heehee

celeste-hauntings are cool!

swampwitch-bummer about your speakers, Rob Zombie rocks!!!

anon-nope, I dont live in Pawhuska but not too awful far from it..

butterflychic26-remeber to NOT drink many liquids and wear some depends!

redneckgirl-Yes!!! I am familiar w/ Waverly Hills-documented haunted place fer sure, how cool is that, its near you :) I am jealous.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cool post! You outdid yourself, music and all!

Thanks for all the info and stories!

Pavel

3:37 PM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Halloween can be so much fun. I loved it as a kid, love the dressing up and I have this great book called "The Book of Irish Weirdness", some great stories there. Love that first photo -- haunted houses are fun!

6:24 PM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

It's really near my house I've been there a few times.....you just get this really creepy feeling when you're there.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I LOVED This post!!! The pics were great as well! I, and a group of my friends, have a paranormal investigating group here in Upper East TN, www.hauntmastersclub.com is the website addy. We go ANYWHERE we can that's haunted or rumored to be haunted. I loved the stories you had posted. If we ever get out that way, we'll have to visit!

7:35 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

paval-thnx! its not my first haunted post :) but my first w/ Rob Zombie serenading :)

kathleen marie-tell more about your book!

redneckgirl-ohhhhh! I saw that place on Ghost hunters, it was creepy, pretty neato :) I cant believe you been there! wait till I tell my 12 yo :)

miss1999-I knew you'd like it! its cool you belong to a paranormal investigation group. Im going to check out your site, if you ever come to Okla give me a shout out, Ill take you to the places Ive been...but not stopping at Witches Grave, that place just makes me freak...

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you tell me where the bird creek school is located

8:08 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess said...

tiffany-sure! give me your email address and I can send a map, it's a lot easier than typing it all out :)

Barngoddess

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home