Sunday, September 17, 2006

Baby Blue


Baby Blue
By George Strait
BestAudioCodes.com



Yesterday afternoon best friend L. and her 15 yo daughter (R) came over to visit. We had a good time. They both enjoyed a late lunch of my homemade chicken and noodles with spiced apple cobbler for desert. (son #1 gave me the ultimate compliment, he said my chicken and noodles were the best I ever made/the best he ever ate-even better than the ones I make usually at Thanksgiving. I think its cuz I baked the chicken this time instead of boiling it) I had R's birthday card (about 1 week overdue!) but nonetheless, I was able to give it to her. The envelope was starting to get dirty around the edges from me hauling it all over thinking I might catch one of them. Geesh, I can remember bringing tiny, R home from the hospital in her pink/white outfit with matching soft, fuzzy booties I bought for her. She was a lovely baby and she is turning into a beautiful young woman. When Wee One woke from his nap, he was ecstatic to see best friend L. He turned on his charm and behaved like a little gentleman. When son #1 finally came home from his busy social schedule, he and R. sat around talking about school and sports and things like that. Best friend L. and I wandered outside to the barn. We sat on hay bales, drank 2 budweisers each, and discussed our horses,then fussed over the Old Guy. I took him a small bowl of spiced apple cobbler. He gobbled that up in about 2 gulps. The sun did not come out until sunset, then it peeked out blinding bright thru the clouds, only to set minutes later.

I received Let's Say Thanks in an email from my sister J. Some of you may have already gotten it from me, but I think it is something good.

1. go to this web site, www.letssaythanks.com

2. pick out a thank you card, personalize it.

3. Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a (USA) soldier that is serving in Iraq .

You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of our Armed Services. I think it is important to Thank them for their sacrifices and hard work, regardless of everyone's opinion on the war.

Now, something that has been bugging me. I am angered and worried about Al Qaeda threats over Pope's speech . Even tho I am no longer a practicing Catholic (you can read about that here: Lost Faith) I think it is wrong to threaten the Pope's life over something he quoted from a medieval writing. I have read what he stated in his speech. I have formed an opinion, Ill keep it to myself for now but regardless if he was right or wrong, he is a man, not a God, there is no reason to threaten the Pope's life and the Vatican over something like that. I will never understand why people (like Al Qaeda) have the need to act like a bunch of barbarians, with killing, threats, and such. You dont see a bunch of Buddhists or Lutherans running around threatening anyone who says something not-so-nice about their Faith. I suppose I have just had my fill of Muslims and their martyrdom.

Well, y'all know what day Monday is 'round the homestead....cleaning day-ack! I already have a good headstart. At daybreak when I went outside to the barn, the air was fresh, chilly, and invigorating. Even with this feeling that I may be coming down with a cold, I came back indoors from my early morning chores feeling very good. Toddler Terror has been very well-behaved this morning. I know it is not going to last so I am off to finish my cleaning. Y'all have a great Monday, may it pass fast and painless!

6 Comments:

Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Sounds like ya'll had a good visit.....the chicken and noodles sounds delish!

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm glad you had such a good time and such great compliments from your son.

You sound like a great cook!

Pavel

10:22 AM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

Hey there! Great weather you're having lately. Wonderful compliments from son #1. AND TT being a gentleman! Woo hoo! Anice visit over lunch with a friend is the best way to spend time. Ugh! I have to clean, too - ack, gotta run! D :)

12:43 PM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

my mouth is watering for the chicken and spiced apple cobbler!! oh man does that sound good :)

2:14 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Sounds like ya'll had a great day! That chicken noodle soup and cobbler sounds wonderful! I wish I lived closer, because I would've invited myself over for dinner! ;0) I'm sure it was good to get to spend time with your best friend- I always have a good time when I'm with mine :0)

5:32 PM  
Anonymous La Palma said...

Hi nice readding your blog

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home