Thursday, September 21, 2006

Shocked You


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The top 2 pictures I took this late this morning, again from the safety of my back porch. It is windy, rainy, a chilly 65 degrees. We did not have any severe weather, much to my relief! But, the winds howled last night, they were strong. I woke up wide awake before 4 am....I am so lucky to have insomnia, not really. About 2 seconds after the storms hit with the rain, I heard the old guy galloping up to the safety of his stall. Where, he has been ever since!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My mother-in-law (bless her, she is the sweetest person!) sent the boys a bunch of candy and goodies home. Inside the sack of goodies was a bag of these Sponge Bob gummy candies shaped like, Krabbie Patties, I guess. I am the only one here that is eating them. They really arent that great, but not too bad if your starving. Its what I had for breakfast, now I am having some for lunch. I am happy that Wee One seems to be feeling more like his old self. He still looks sickly but his appetite is good today, and his Toddler Terror antics are back to near normal. His latest thing to do is run up to you, touch your arm or some exposed skin on your body, the say "zzzzzzzzzzzzztttt, shocked you!" He hates getting shocked but thinks its funny at the same time.

Someone I know was killed in a car accident yesterday. It happened on the same exact highway Wee One and I travelled part of the way home from Tulsa on yesterday. We were driving just a few hours earlier. The guy that was killed was someone I know, we used to be sorta friends thru mutual friends at one time. He made some notsogood choices but lately I heard he was working and making his life better. He is a father and I know he has family who will miss him. A tragic reminder how quickly things can change.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




The Horses in My Dream

In my sleep, I hear the galloping of hooves
It seems a hundred thousand horses run
Across the prairie in my mind as I sleep
Those painted ponies kick and rear in fun
In my sleep, I hear the screaming of the stallion
As he paws at the dreamy turf of moonlight
He leaps and races ahead of the tumbling herd
As they ride to the edge of this phantom night
Ivy Schex
I enjoyed this poem. I dream of horses very often.....big suprise there, huh? Anyhow, I was suprised someone else does too...atleast someone else who is an adult!
One day while I was at one of my horsey websites I read faithfully, I happened to click on a link of poetry. After reading, then going to more sites that I do not remember, I stumbled upon Ivy Schex. I really like her poetry. Schex writes about horses, which is something I can easily understand and relate to.

9 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

The weather in Oklahoma is just beautiful isn't it? I love the colder weather. Makes me want to bake apple pies, buy pumpkins and mums.

I posted this once I thought... where did it go?

1:39 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

vicki-you probly did and blogger ate it, it does that A LOT! I am luvin this cooler weather :)

2:10 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Sponge Bob gummy candies for breakfast? AARRGGHH
I'm sorry to hear about the car accident. That is a dangerous stretch of highway. Beautiful horse and thanks for sharing the poem. Also, thanks for visiting yesterday. I think I successfully put a link in my post to you today.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I am sorry about your friend who was killed. Hugs...

The poem is beautiful. Isnt it great when you find a page that you connect with!

Your horse is beautiful! So full of spirit!~

I hope your day is one full of peace and many blessings.

3:16 PM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

Oh, BG - I forgot about Brian! OMG! Completely missed our talk time, poor love. Glad Wee One is feeling better. Back to TT, I guess that's a good sign. Hmmmm. I am so sorry about your friend. Brian is right. I would listen to the traffic reports when he was on his way home. I chewed my fingers to the bone until he came home. Glad the weather is to your liking,(football weather!) about time, huh? D :)

3:45 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Sorry about your friend that was killed in an accident.

What a beautiful poem. Love poems. makes my day.

spongebob gummies. what a treat. lol.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I"m sorry to hear about your friend...it's always tragic when a life is cut short like that. I will keep his family in my thoughts this evening.

Love the Spongebob gummies...I know a few boys who might like those candies. I'll have to go to the store and try to find them. :)

5:51 PM  
Blogger Another Chance Ranch said...

So sorry to hear about your friend.

Beautiful photo & poem. You have great photos. What do you shoot with?

Again, sorry about your loss.

9:48 PM  
Blogger kel said...

Braden could eat the whole bag of sponge bob candies, me not so much, I am eating the Hot Tamales by the boxful right now...that is a healthy breakfast isnt it?

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home