Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Rescheduled


La Grange
By ZZ Top
BestAudioCodes.com

Wee One and I made it to Tulsa to his pre-op appointment. The entire drive over and down to T-town, I just knew without a doubt, he was too sick for his surgery tomorrow. Last night he was up/down with sniffling, sneezing, coughing, and a fever. So when we saw his surgeon and he looked over Wee One, his decision to reschedule the surgery for 1 week was not a suprise. Wee One was prescribed a $90 bottle of potent antibiotics, we hit Burger King for some fries and a slushy, then drove back home. Right now he is parked on the couch watching his Tarzan movie for the 50th time, drinking some 7-up mixed with orange juice (his favorite when hes feeling puny) and munching on a handful of hot-tamale candies. When he's done, we'll brush our teeth, wash up, and get our PJ's on. I am as whipped as Wee One.

Son #1 went to his church Youth Group activities and hubby called, he is on his way home. Hubby already came home and ate dinner with us (jambalaya) but had to go back out to where he had a rig working at one of his leases. The weather is blowing up a storm, severe weather is maybe on the agenda, or so the weatherman warns, for tomorrow. It is best if the rig is finished working and out of there if/incase/when the rain starts.

The Old Guy was not happy with not getting much attention today and has made no bones about letting me know. I took all 4 of these pictures from the comfort of my porches.....How lazy I am!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Tomorrow I have parent/teacher conferences, already. Son #1 said he is not worried-he says Ill get a good report........guess I'll see tomorrow.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bare said...

90.00- OUCH. I know how that stings the pocketbook. I hope all goes well for him, I know surgury is never easy. We've been having storms here lately, too- I hope that ya'll won't get any that are too bad. Thanks again for the pictures of the old guy, he's a beauty! :0)

8:05 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Hope the baby feels better. Nothing worse than a sick one.
Jambalaya, crawfish pie, fille gumbo...sounds great. Pictures of the horse are beautiful. RE: Verbal Linuguistic assignment...you better use a Suthern' pooter dictionary to figure those words out. But I have faith that you will...

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know it was a relief that you didnt have to have surgery but I send prayers of well wishes your way in hope that maybe you won't need it. By the way, I do like the photos you posted and have a suggest jon for swampwitch and her dictionary request better spell check her words before the spelling bee. just my 2 cents!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your little guy feels better soon. Something's always coming up, isn't it? :(

Did you save your Burger Thing receipt?

11:03 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

miss1999-I think the Old Guy is a beauty too, thnx for the compliment! yep, $90...that sucks! just for meds-gotta HAVE them

swampwitch-I am still looking for my dictionary-scary, I know!

anon-thnx for stopping by and the compliment on my pics of Scooter

doe-what a site! of course I HAD to throw my receipt in the trash, I am phobic about trash inside my car....neurotic I know...

Aniin bri-whew cold front your way huh? weeeeeeee atleast until it hits 90 degs :)

6:03 AM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

Good Morning BG - so sorry TT is not up to having his procedure. That $90 med oughtta kick it good, though. It had better! Scooter does look annoyed with you. Who said animals don't have emotions? It's a good sogn that son #1 thinks there'll be a good report. He should know, right? He'd have been worried if not. Have a great day & I'll be back later! D :)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

Hopw wee one will be feeling better with meds!

Glad you are going to meet with teachers..It says alot to us when parents stop in even once during the year that they care for and want the best for their child. I hope things go smoothly for you today!

8:05 AM  
Blogger cathouse teri said...

Life goes on just as it should.
The sun rises and sets,
and we have you to tell us about the fun stuff in between! :)

Have a great day!

9:08 AM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

I hope your baby feels better soon and that you both get some rest.

I love the pic where he's looking at you.....it's almost like he is saying "what? what do you want?" LOL

Good luck with the P/T conf. we have ours next month.

9:40 AM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

i want to ride your horse!! so pretty :) i love BK, fries and a slushy are sometimes more healing than the antibiotics.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home