Saturday, September 23, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yesterday afternoon, I snapped this picture of the Old Guy when I was saddling him to exercise. He has his winter coat coming in strong. Bad winter ahead? I hope not ( I have yet to see a BAD winter in Oklahoma-maybe someday I will). He usually gets his coat early and keeps it late, so I am not predicting any future weather by my Old Horse....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Here he is when I called him up to saddle him-looking a little annoyed with me. He slowly strolled up to where I was waiting with my saddle. It was warm, but very nice outside. He rode like a dream. A little bit rusty and stiff on his flying lead changes at first, then he was smooth as silk.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cranky Elvis when I woke him up from his afternoon nap-brat! His head looks HUGE in this picture angle.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Now he is wanting a treat. Too bad, all I had was apple slices for the Old Guy....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Uh ohhhhh. Toddler Terror's horse has been injured. We tried to fix it 5 different ways without success.....his horse had to be put down....sigh.

Well, I am off to put my house back together. Son #1 has a friend over who spent the night lastnight. Hubby, Toddler Terror, son #1, and his friend acted like a bunch of frat boys yesterday evening. I think today, I may have to make a trip to the liquor store....


Your Linguistic Profile:
50% General American English
15% Upper Midwestern
10% Dixie
10% Midwestern
10% Yankee


I took an Aura test:

Your Aura is Green
You're very driven, competitive, and even a bit jealous.However, you seek out balance in your life - and you usually achieve it!The purpose of your life: inspiring others to be betterFamous greens include: Tony Robbins, Donald Trump, Martha StewartCareers for you to try: Guru, CEO, Talk Show Host
What Color Is Your Aura?

I took a Karma test too:

You Have Good Karma
In general, you like to do the right thing when it comes to others.Your caring personality really shines through.Sure, you have your moments of weakness - and occasionally act out.But, all in all, you're karma is good... even with those few dark spots.
How's Your Karma?

8 Comments:

Blogger Swampwitch said...

I'm just wondering about the American English test...what happened to the other 5%? Maybe there should have been a Redneck category for some of us.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I love taking these blogger tests. lol

Your Linguistic Profile:
65% General American English
10% Dixie
10% Upper Midwestern
10% Yankee
0% Midwestern

My Aura is Blue

You Have Fantastic Karma

Your horse did look like he was annoyed. LOL

And your dog elvis....awwwww how cute!
Who could resist those eyes! LOL I want one just like him.

2:38 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

hey I have good Karma too! I was a little worried,hehehehe

I've been seeing signs of a rough winter in my neck of the woods too.
I hope so,last year was a waste of time. I love it when the wind howls and the snow falls for days and days and days:)

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just LOVE Elvis. You better hope I don't find a reason to go to Oklahoma and dognap Elvis, I tell ya.


Pavel

7:13 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I love your love for horses. I wish I had something like that to really care about so much. The only thing I can think of that I care about are my kids. I have rode horses a couple of times. scared to death of them. I wish I wasn't. Maybe we can meet one day and you can teach me how to ride and not be scared. The only person I ever rode with was my x husband. He was an asshole. so, he kinda just stuck me on one and didn't try to help at all. He was usually drinking and having a good time while I was trying to not think about dying from falling off this huge horse. ha.ha. some of my friends have horses. I would love just to go ride and have a fun time. But i'm so scared I can't relax and enjoy my self. maybe one day.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

I wanted to go riding today. It was a good day for it here in OK. Lucky you. Instead I shopped for Carnival Queen shoes. Lucky me?

Have you tried apoxy on that horses foot? It's messy but it works really well.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

I think we would all like to see pics of YOU!!!! You give us pics of everyone......so when do we see???

I need to go get in bed. Happy weekend to you!!

12:45 AM  
Blogger shadowlands said...

The Breyer can be mended - speaking from years of experience and three children! Using a very thin drill bit, drill a hole up into the leg and also into the foot. Coat a solid toothpick with epoxy, slide it into the leg and then slide the foot onto it. Let dry untouched for eight or so hours, then using a fine grain sandpaper gently sand any dried epoxy glue on the outside of the leg. It will last, but will not obviously hold up to, say, galloping on cement . . .

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home