Monday, October 02, 2006

Harmony




"Harmony"

slate colored waters ruffled waves
silent gliding boat of hunters
flashing light twisting scales
woven cordage flinging true

fertile soil yields rows of maize
gather fallen bounty of oaks
harvest berries thickets full
tubers collected lifting loam

quiet stalk in heavy woods
wary deer proud antlers tall
red life returns to earth
blessings and hope today

starlight rings roaring fire
dancers in timeless motions
voices singing to the dark
drums echo souls delight
by brian
Brian wrote this sestina for me a few months ago. He has an incredibile talent and ability to put thoughts and ideas into beautiful words.
This poem reminds me of Fall. Since we are just barely standing on the threshhold of Fall (at least on Oklahoma we are), I wanted to share Harmony.....I have the Fall bug. I am anxiously looking forward to deer hunting, we are in our football season, the cooler weather is enjoyable, and Halloween is just a few weeks away. The green pastures are turning gold, the trees are shedding their leaves, and my old horse has a good start on his winter coat. Yes, I am happy to say, Fall has finally arrived!
**********************
A side note here:
I know I tend to brag about my boys. Thanks for still coming around the Res to hear about them.....its not like I run around in real time bragging and gushing about them to anyone who'll listen.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your boys are awesome and TT is more mischievous than my youngest, and therefore, TT deserves all the credit he gets! Hey, our kids (and animals) are our life! Keep bragging - we love it!

2:52 PM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

Hey BG!! Love to hear about your boy's success! Bring it on! D :}

3:20 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

LOL,brag all you want!
That's one of the perks of having kids!

I loved Harmony,beautiful:)

It's hunting season here now. Moose and ohhh elk-not here here,but in our province.I think we only have 75 elk total in my region- and..everything else I think...bear..not sure about deer. We see the hunters passing through with all their gear.
They pack a lot of stuff with them,holy! I was surprised.

I really like Fall,it's fun to watch the temps go down and wait for the snow to fall:)

4:16 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I for one love hearing about your sons.

The poem is beautiful, I am not at all surprised it was written by Brian.

Thank you for sharing.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

Beautiful poem and pictures.
The geese are gathering here. I wrote a haiku, perhaps I'll post it with a picture,I love autumn.

4:24 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

aniin bri-thnx again for the sestina, it is a lovely poem. Aww, you know I love my boys and the ole guy the MOST..oops where does that leave hubby?

sailormoon-TT is somethin' else, one of a kind :)

diane- :) thnx!

hope-soon your geese will be headed my way?? maybe? Ill look forward to your haiku

ms.l-lol, my best friend's father is like the hunters you described, he likes to PACK everything, even for just a DAY hunt! Crazy!

mysti-bri is my absolute fave poet, Ivy Schex is 2nd

4:37 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

I love this time of year, too. The poem is beautiful, as is all of Brian's poems. It goes well with the pictures. And I love to hear stories about other people's children. You just brag all you want to. It's a breath of fresh air to hear those kinds of stories.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

That was beautiful! Brian is truly a talented writer- and don't you worry about bragging about your boys! You have two wonderful young men and you have EVERY right to brag about them! *hugs*

7:05 PM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

Oh my gosh, I love that you're proud of your boys, and you should be! They're part of who you are, don't stop being you!!!

That poem is absolutely beautiful.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would you not brag on your boys, anytime, anywhere??!!!
Just keep bragging and enjoy this time...Heavens,being one of your adoring public,I would not want to read complaints!! They are gone in no time, enjoy them while they are with you..

8:55 PM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What a great picture and if you read my meme you are TAGGED! Ha! :)

10:15 PM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Beautiful words and pictures....I love Brian's work and your photography!

I love hearing about your boys....and they are great feel free to brag and gush all ya want! Hugs!

10:08 AM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

that was beautiful!! i look forward to all of your "fall" photos.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Great poem. Your right. Perfect time of year. Oklahoma fall nights are perfect for sitting on the porch. It makes me want to bake apple pie and put mums in every bare spot in my yard.
I got some great shots of the sun through the red trees this morning on the way into town. check out my flickr page (I have no idea on how for you to do this but your smart!)

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home