Sunday, October 29, 2006

The Cats Meow

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yesterday was a great day! Wee One had a blast Trick or Treating. He looked so cute in his 'kitty' costume. He called himself a 'puma' because he is a Dora The Explorer fan. I like the fact that he can count to 8 in Spanish but I realy want him to count to 8 in English...okay, that is a whole other post/rant.

We could not have had better weather for Trick or Treat. It was a gorgeous warm and sunny day, the evening did not even get chilly until after dark. When I was a kid Trick or Treating in N.MI, temperatures over 32 degrees and no snow was perfect weather. Many Halloweens I remember Trick or Treating in my winter coat, which always covered the best parts of my costumes.

Wee One made a haul, especially at Grandma and Grandpa's house. We only went to about 1/3 of the houses in our tiny community but he still filled 2 huge bags. Since our itty bitty town doesnt have a whole lot of trick or treaters, the kind citizens tend to give out huge handfuls of candy, good candy too. Not icky, stale, cheap, dollar store stuff either........were talking Reese Cups, M&M's, Sweetarts (my fave) stuff like that....Son #1 was a big helper! He walked Wee One to many doors. After about 45 minutes, he wanted to go over to his friend's Grandma's house and scare the other Trick or Treaters (they had a graveyard, prison, scary forest set up) I let him stay there until 8:30 (they had a small party afterwards) then I picked him up.

Wee One and I hit Auntie Alicias, Auntie S's, and G's. All 3 go all out for every Holiday decorating and Halloween was especially good this year at all 3 houses.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The BBQ/Roping was a huge party. A big success for the hosts. We did not stay long at all, barely an hour. I would have loved to have partied and roped long into the night but Trick or Treat took precedent over my fun.


***********************

If your wondering why our pumpkin was not carved.....long story there. Anyhow, I didnt trust my hurried self the last couple of days to be carving anything up......

4 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

OKAY!!! 3rd day in a freakin' row I get this stupid message from STUPID blogger:

001 java.net.ConnectException: Connection refusedblog/15/55/13/warponyramblings/archives/2006_10_01_warponyramblings_archive.html

I am going after the shotgun now...

9:19 AM  
Blogger Slackermommy said...

You're not the only one. I haven't but I'm beta. Not sure if that matters or not. You're little guy is adorable!

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aniin BG,

No knives in the BG household? I wonder why? Love wee ones puma costume, uno, dos... :)

So glad you had a great haul of loot for Halloween, maybe you can send some my way. That error message is all the time now with blogger. They want you to switch to beta.

Have a great Sunday my friend. ((((hugs)))

10:00 AM  
Anonymous Eli said...

Thank you ffor this

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home