Thursday, October 26, 2006

Another One Bites The Dust

Last nite I let hubby read my post about the The House . He was not suprised I went and took a picture. He woke me up about 3:10 am this morning and said he had a nightmare about the house. I asked him if he wanted me to get one of the boy's nightlights and put it in our room for him. He didnt answer but I know he was giving me a dirty look in the dark. Hubby hated that house, he was always in a hurry to get away from it when he stayed there with me. He doesnt even like scary movies, I guess I should not have let him read the post!

****************************

Yesterday we woke up to a dreary and damp day. This morning it is the same but worse, with thick FOG. The weatherman said a cold front is headed our way with severe storms this afternoon and much colder tomorrow.

************************

The Old Guy is muddy. I have no idea how he gets so dirty since he prefers to stay inside the barn when the weather is nasty (like the past 2 days). These pictures I took yesterday afternoon. It was so dark out that my flash worked on my camera. I need some sunshine! I am tired of this gray weather. The weekend is supposed to be great weather, I am very much looking forward to it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am sooo p*ssed. More cockleburs!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And in his tail, ack! This is the 3rd time I have had to get them out.

I thought we had gotten rid of those nasty cocklebur bushes, guess we missed one or two.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Achoooo! Scooter was running around and bucking when he finally came out of the barn. He skidded to a stop and gave a big sneeze.

**********************
Ya just gotta love Florida.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingFlorida has executed another form of human sewege, Danny Harold Rolling.
"There are some things you just can't run from, this being one of those,'' Rolling told the judge.
The 'some things' Rolling is referring to:

5 college students were found murdered and mutilated over 3 days in late August of 1990, just as the University of Florida's fall semester was beginning in Gainsville FL. Every one of them had been killed with a hunting knife. Some had been mutilated, sexually assaulted, put in shocking poses. One girl's severed head had been placed on a shelf, her body posed as if seated.

Definately crimes that should be punishable by the Death Penalty and nothing else. Just because this creep confessed to the awful things he did does NOT mean he should have been spared death. In my opinion, put Rolling's confession and the DNA that proves he committed these atrocities, together.......and there should be NO DOUBT this creep deserved nothing less than death.

People will do anything to make a buck. I was not at all suprised when I came across this site where some idiot was selling Rolling's Artwork. I do not think anyone should be able to capitalize from someone's murder. I can't imagine how Rolling's victims families feel about this. I would be furious.

******************
Blogger has been awful lately, I am close to switching to typepad or something similar if it doesnt straighten up. I would have done it already but I am worried I might lose my archives. Ive made the decision, when my next insomnia attack hits, Ill use it productively and switch over....
*****************************
okay, I am done with my mini-rant.
Y'all have a super Thursday, we are 1 day closer to the weekend!

15 Comments:

Blogger GaffLady said...

what are those things taking over the horse's tail???

10:14 AM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

haha I was gonna say the same thing..it's an orb!

10:15 AM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

LMAO to the dirty look in the dark....priceless!!!!!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Hope said...

Hey good pic's I love the one of him standing there snezzing its' cool I have the same problums with thoues cookaberas I hat thoues thing's to.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Great pics! Poor babies though, those burrs must hurt to remove!

I hope you have a blessed thursday!

12:43 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

butterflychic26-I laughed when I saw the rain drop too

kt-burrs

unacknowledgedgenius-me too! The night I took the HOUSE picture Wee One's rocking horse went off in the middle of the night....its happened once before tho

redneckgirl-I think hes still mad

brian-what?! you dont know what happens to Fire? well..you better get busy

hope-cockleburs SUCK

mysti-I got'em out but Ihavent got the bush where they origonated from yet.sigh

1:13 PM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Great post today and loved the pictures. I agree on the burrs. Nasty things! I read once that the guy who invented velcro got the idea from burrs. We had them on the farm pretty bad.

I am with your hubby on the no scary movies!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Heather Plett said...

I'm starting to wonder what's going on - it seems like almost everywhere I look in the blogosphere, there's a dark cloud hanging over people.

Hope your week gets better!

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey BG..love your chatty post today..got a good laugh at the exchange between you and hubby..dirty look in the dark..good one..lol, Old guy really got into the cockleburs didn't he..they are going to be hell to get out, don't envey you that...as for that complete and utter waste of a human being piece of s**t Rolling..well let me just tell you how I REALLLY FEEL..oop sorry not my rant space..lol, I totally agree with you on this one and I really believe that the punishment should fit the crime..lethal injection was too good for this guy...as for blogger, I agree, have had a real problem even getting to sites this week. Hope the sun comes out soon..take care..m

5:47 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

cockleburs, yuck! I hate those things too. The weather here is about the same. I hope it gets better too. I'm just sick of seeing foggy drizzle.

6:36 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

"the house" was one unnerving post. No wonder he had nightmares....

I can't watch scary movies.

(blogger problems have been kind of unnerving, too)

7:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate those stickers, my dog gets them in her long hair when she runs down to the river and they are a pain to get out. also I found out last year when my dad went down to shreveport, LA for work and stayed with an aunt by marriage that he hasn't seen in 15 yrs. that he seen a book about Danny and asked her about it and she told him that was her nephew and she showed him pictures of Danny growing up and when he was older at her house before he killed his parents and left for FL. But I think he deserved the electric chair ol' sparky.

9:28 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

Yay for mini-rants! I had one about blogger myself *L*- I can't believe the old guy is covered again. I don't envy you there having to get those things out. Speaking of bad dreams, I've been having bad dreams all week long, hoping these pass!

10:01 PM  
Blogger mindtwister said...

LOL!!

I think I would have given someone that look too.

BTW.....I hate those cockleburs too....I used to play in a field where they had horses and I would always get them all over me...lol!

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spray WD40 around the burs and they will slide right out. Your horse might not like the spraying effect, but it's good for him to get used to new noises and not be spooked. good luck

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home