Saturday, October 21, 2006

Blah

Blah. Thats how I feel. I hope I am over this stupid sickness tomorrow. I am so tired. I was vegging on the couch until I felt guilty, then I got up and did my usual..... pick up the house, sort laundry, load the dishwasher. Oh, and I took a shower.................... in peace, a long, steamy , hot, shower in no hurry shaving my legs, it was heaven.

Hubby took Wee One with him to drop son #1 off at his deer blind this morning. Then they checked on some wells and stayed gone for a couple of hours. Today is the 1st day of 'youth rifle' season. It is windy and chilly, very windy. Ill be suprised if son #1 sees anything, but there is always hope.........

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Son #1 mentioned the other day that we should take a short road trip to the Tallgrass Praire Reserve. The area is owned by the The Nature Conservancy in Oklahoma . 2,000+ free roaming bison and lots of wildlife live there. It also has a great hiking trail.

"The largest protected area is 52,000-acre Tallgrass Prairie Preserve near Pawhuska in north-central Oklahoma. The area is owned by the Oklahoma Nature Conservancy. Illinois is developing about 19,000 acres of a former federal arsenal near Chicago as a National Grassland. It would be the largest prairie reserve east of the Mississippi River."

We used to go up there all the time when hubby had oil leases he weekend pumped as a relief pumper for extra money. I can even remember when they first introduced the bison up there. We cant go next weekend. It's trick or treat here and we've been invited to a huge BBQ/roping . Im not sure how we'll juggle trick or treat and the BBQ.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Catch ya later..........couldnt resist. The movie " Dazed and Confused " is on WGN tonite.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your sickly, you should'nt have drank after Tiger at the Cantina. He was sick. Now everyone else is.

Kisses!

Mischa

I almost forgot, will you answer your gawddamned cell?

5:27 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Makes me homesick ! Great pics, once again. Hope you feel better.

11:22 PM  
Blogger C... said...

These photos are great.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BG..hope your over the hump with this cold or whatever the yuck you have is..great post, and of course I love the pics..feel better..m

11:37 AM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Praying for heal quickly. Colds seem to be roaming around up here. The photos are gorgeous. In the spring we went to Custer State Park to see the bison calves. They are so cute and playful.

Bar-b-que on Halloween. You can tell you live in the South :)

11:33 PM  
Blogger Bare said...

I'm glad you got to rest, you absolutely deserve it! A BBQ for Halloween, sounds like a good time to me! :0)

11:39 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

I always get such peace from reading your blog. It so reminds me of my friends in the state I left almost one year ago.

I hope you are feeling better, and thanks for always allowing me to be a part of your life. cuz the BBQ sounds awesome, and roping? dayum!!!!!

:hugz:

3:44 AM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

Hey..I tried to post a comment last night and it wiould not let me open your comment box. I tried 4 seperate times this morning and finally got in...Meow!

Roping...will you rope me a good cowboy and mail him to me?? NExt day air is preferrable.

Thanks!!!!

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home