Saturday, October 14, 2006

Brian

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My bestest and oldest blogging buddy, Brian over at truth is freedom wrote a very nice post about me yesterday. Brian is my best blogging buddy,hes very smart, very talented, and a compassionate guy.

In an email Brian had stated this (I hope he doesnt mind me sharing with you):

" I remember I lurked for a while and read through your posts. I was intimidated a little bit by your passion and love of horses because I didn't know if you would like someone who didn't know about them."

Luckily, on 4/24/06 Brian commented here at the Res, all I can say is, the Spirits were smiling down at us that day, we formed a bond.

Horses have been my passion since I started having memories as a small child. Horses are a part of me. Occassionally people ask me to explain my connection with horses. It is hard to put it into words. I am at my best in the company of horses. I feel that is where I belong, I understand them, I find happiness and peace. Like I said, very hard to put into words..... Brian intimidates me with his passion and love for words. Brian also intimidates me with his strength to face down his inner demons.

In yesterday's post he included his poetry that he has written and given to me. Please give Brian's post a read, I am very honored to be his friend: truth is freedom: "BarnGoddess" .

I have always thought of Brian's poetry that he has given me as diamonds. They are precious, and they last forever.

Thank you for the wonderful words Brian!

This poem reminds me of Brian.




Smiles!

Smiling is infectious,
you catch it like the flu.
when someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.

I passed around the corner,
and someone saw my grin.
when he smiled I realized.
I’d passed it on to him!

I thought about that smile,
then I realized it's worth.
a single smile just like mine,
could travel round the Earth!

Unknown

*****************************************

Monday, I will post Part II of The Dead Girl. The followup and ending of The Dead Girl .

8 Comments:

Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Awww...that is so sweet. Friends are so wonderful. I wrote a poem about Friendship years ago. I will have to find it.

Brian seems like a super sweetie.

I like horses but I do not have a connection like you do. Those connections are a gift from the Creator. I LOVE cats and miss my Belle Rose. She died but now I am blessed with Chase a Japanese Bobtail.

I also have a passion for other things. I strongly support you in your fight against horse slaughter. It is so sickening.

You are truly a special person!

God Bless!

10:45 AM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

That was so sweet of you to post thos wondeful things about Brian. I have only been to his blog a few times. His words seem to be infectious....easy to travel and share.

I just got back from Alabama. I drove mom 1/2 to meet dad. We stappoed at one of my uncles...I took a few pics and will share later in the weekend...

3:39 PM  
Blogger Margie said...

How nice!
Friendship is so wonderful!
Glad you and Brian are such good
friends!
He is a special person, and I am
sure you are also!

Margie

4:50 PM  
Blogger ann said...

I've only just met Brian; he is wonderful and he so obviously loves you too.

I value the friendships I have made through blogging and meeting like-mind people; those that share my spirituality, those that share my admiration, love, oh, ok obsession, of a particular actor, and those who so sweetly say they enjoy my words.

Happy blogging and have a lovely weekend

lotsa luv ann xxxxx

5:02 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I loved the poem. I like passing around smiles to people. It makes your day and their day go much better.

7:44 PM  
Blogger krystyna said...

Wonderful friendship!!!
I am thankful that I found so great blogers.
All the best!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

It is a gift to know and live your passion.
I have popped over and read Brian from time to time a remarkable a sesitive man. Perhaps I'll leave a comment some day.

10:10 PM  
Blogger Swampwitch said...

Dear Barngoddes: Today I posted pictures of horses, too. They aren't my horses, but I'm always so impressed with your pictures, I wanted horses at my place. I love reading Brian and will pop over there tomorrow.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home