Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ghostly Tales

When best friend L. and I first moved to Oklahoma. We lived in an Old Native American built home. It is located out in the country but not too far from town. It is surrounded by huge ancient cedar trees. When people from my area realized where we lived, they always said "Hey, that place is supposed to be haunted ya know." Best friend L. and I being fearless in our young and dumb early years, always answered, "yeah, we know." If we had a dollar for every time someone said that to us, we wouldnt have had to work.

One thing that happened like clockwork was we heard music. We did not hear it until we had already lived in the house for a week or two. It was old style dancing music. At first we thought it was the toilet running, so we investigated it. It wasnt the toilet. Then we thought maybe it was sounds carrying in the wind or something explainable like that. Nope, that was not it either. We never did find out where it came from. The people who moved in after us also said they heard music every night. I think something like this is less like a haunting and more of an imprint. Now, do not get me wrong, the place is haunted. We experienced some very weird stuff there, so did others.

Once I experienced something that scared me like nothing else, it happened in that house and best friend L. was right there with me. I'll tell y'all about that story tomorrow........I wrote the story this morning. Today I am going to get a picture of the actual house I used to live in.

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI was over at The Shadowlands looking for more scary Urban Legends. I read some pretty interesting 'true' ghost stories submitted by people.
Here is one I liked:

Chased after Florida Hunting Trip

By: paul.e.wilson@navy.mil

A friend of mine told me about something strange that happened to him after a hunting trip in Florida. It happened on a dirt road coming out of the everglades. It was late in the evening, between 9:30 and 10:00pm. My friend was riding in the back of a pick-up truck with three of his buddies. It was a 4x4 pick-up and they were driving at a fast pace, with everyone in the back bouncing around all over the place. You know, a crazy, typical teenage outing. About twenty yards back behind the truck, something came out of the dense foliage onto the shoulder of the dirt road. whatever it was, it was big, muscular, and was on all fours. It was so dark in color that it was hard to see it, and It was facing away from their truck. Someone decided to throw an empty beer bottle at it, which shattered upon the ground at its feet. This seemed to startle it and made it quite mad. It then turned and started to run after the pick-up truck. At this point they noticed that it had glowing red eyes, and to everyone's dismay, it was rapidly gaining on the moving 4x4 vehicle. It finally got close enough that it appeared to reach out and grab the rear bumper of the vehicle. At exactly that same moment, the truck sharply turned to the right, off of the dirt road, and onto highway U.S. 41. The momentum of the turning vehicle flung whatever it was into the air, where it came down and tumbled across the higway into the brush on the left hand side, where it disappeared. At no point in time were any of the witnesses clearly able to make out just what this thing was. It was as if the shadows were chasing them.

This next one is for butterflychic26 .


Kansas Home

By: JennH201@aol.com


When I was about 10 years old my family rented a house in Oskaloosa, Ks. This is a small town that has a population of about 1074. We moved in the summer of 1992 or '93. Oskaloosa has a lake and this is where I would spend most of my days fishing mostly because I did not like spending time in the house that my family had moved to because it was haunted. It was haunted by an older man that only I could see. The first time I noticed that something strange was going on was when I was laying in my bed trying to go to sleep. I thought I saw my dad look into my bedroom than he just went back out without saying anything. I thought it was weird so I opened my door and asked him what he wanted (the only way to get to my bedrroom was through my parents room.) My dad said that he had not come into my room and told me to go back to bed. I didn't really know what was going on but I soon found out. Another night not long after, I was laying in my bed again trying to go to sleep when I heard a man's voice say "Get out" when I looked up I saw an angry old man at the foot of my bed. I was very scared after this happened and I kept telling my parents about the man that I saw but no one else in my family could ever see what I could. Then one day my mom, sister, brother, and I were in the livingroom watching TV when I saw the man going toward my brother. I yelled at my mom and told her that I saw the man going toward my brother and I knew that he was going to hurt him. When I saw the man get to my brother my brother stared yelling that his back was hurting but still no one else could see what I saw. My mom went over to my brother and more to humor me than anything she put out her hand to smack the invisible hands away from my brother, but she was shocked when she felt her hand hit something that she could not see. After that she told as all to get into the car when we were all in the car getting ready to drive off I saw the old man circling the house. We moved shortly after that last event and I have not ever had the desire to go back
.

Tomorrow, I will post about the haunted house I once lived in. Not much creeps me out or rattles me, but there are a few things that will give me that 'creepy' feeling. Usually it is a place, an object, or even sometimes, a certain person. I call it 'gut instinct' and believe everyone has it, some people just listen more closely than others.

I was not much of a believer in ghosts. I guess I sorta believed, but at the same time I believed 'thats not gonna happen to me'. At least not until I experienced the real thing.... myself.

23 Comments:

Blogger kel said...

I am such a scardy cat.

8:21 AM  
Blogger RedNeckGirl said...

Great post.....can't wait to read tomorrow.

Sorry I haven't been around....work has been crazy busy but I miss ya!

12:35 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kel-really?

butterflychic26-I want to hear about bubba!

bri-brrr what is going on in FL? not global warming..

redneckgirl-I understand! I know how it can be, come around when you can :)

12:58 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

I believe in earth bound spirits, and think you nailed it when you said
"I think something like this is less like a haunting and more of an imprint"
We are all made up of energy. Once we pass through a place, it is never the same again.

Be back tommorow.:-)

1:46 PM  
Blogger FelineFrisky said...

Very cool, BG. I am interested in the unusual and this topic is most facinating. It also co incides with what happens after we die? and Is there a god? Tough questions. These add perspective. D :}

1:51 PM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

My daughter is bugging me to go on the Ghost Tour of the Ft. Worth Stockyards, it sounds like fun. Come down and go with us.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Mz.Elle said...

Ohhh I loved those spooooky stories!
Can't wait for the rest!
I've lived in a couple of haunted houses and regulalry rely on that gut instinct or intuition as I call it,to tell me what the real deal is:)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

Sorry, I haven't been up to my daily blog reading...I'm home scik and feeling crappy.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Mermaid Melanie said...

cool stories! i have never seen a ghost or a spirit.

thanks for sharing.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm? Many times it is justthe furnace or the plumbing. But I agree, every house has a history and if we're real lucky a charm!!!

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey BG..loved your stories..looking forward to the one tomorrow..what is it about being scared that we just can't help liking it..:) I feel the same as you about feelings and just good ole gut feeling..I pay attention, I am one of those sensitive people that feels, or knows when something is going to happen, or see things no one else can, or a person that I met will make the hair on the back of my neck stand up for very real reasons that always come out ..all that sorta stuff..sometimes, very creepy..see ya..sorry no coffee this morning, dealing with a major problem..finaly posted about it today, yes BG a rant, not too bad though..:)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I admit it I am a wimp. I can't handle to many ghost stories. My imagination just goes wild and you know I am out here, stranded all alone and Bigfoot lives nearby...

7:09 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

OoOoOoOoOo!! SpOOky! I lovelovelove ghost stories and have slews of them that I could tell. My mom's house is terribly haunted and it sucked growing up there! I can't wait till tomorrow!!

P.s. is it okay if I add you to my blog roll?

10:04 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

So many blogs, so little time! I read the first part of this post but not the two stories you included. I'll have to come back to that another day. Now you've got me interested in The Rest of the Story (dun, dun, duuuuunnn).

10:14 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Pinky, I want to hear some of your stories!

yes, you can add me.

TAPS is on tomorrow nite.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Thinking back on my comment, I realized that it didn't sound like I meant. I don't think other blogs are more important than yours. In case you haven't checked in on me lately, I am swamped up to my eyeballs in a huge project that has to be done by this weekend. I'm trying to hop here and there to my favorite blogs whenever I get a minute or two. Since I don't have much time, I decided to wait and read the other two stories later when my project is finished.

Sorry if I sounded like you weren't important!

10:38 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

Hey I love the new post's I love hearing about spooeky thing's that happened in real life I have even posted one of my own stor'es that has happened to me before you should go check it out I can't wait to here the rest of the story about that old house.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...










Found your blog. It is full of really good information. Thank you for sharing. If you ever need service on air conditioning repair please visit us at rheemteamcomfort.com. We would love it if you would have a look at some of our blogs and let us know your thoughts.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


Found your blog. It is full of really good information. Thank you for sharing. If you ever need service on your furnace, air conditioner or water heater please visit us at rheemteamcomfort.com. We would love it if you would have a look at some of our blogs and let us know your thoughts.

2:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...


Found your blog. It is full of really good information. Thank you for sharing. If you ever need service on your furnace, air conditioner or water heater please visit us at rheemteamcomfort.com. We would love it if you would have a look at some of our blogs and let us know your thoughts.

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home