Saturday, July 22, 2006

No Rest For The Wicked

We were all rudely awakened this morning at 6:15 am by one of hubby's lease pumpers from down South. Something was wrong with one of the wells. Something that the pumper could not or did not have the authority to fix (I didnt bother to ask!) So, hubby had to leave at 7am and go to work. He really needed a day of rest but to be quite honest, he is on my last nerve! He got in from work yesterday about 5 pm and we went out to the chinese place for dinner which was delicious as always. But when we got back home from town and I wanted to spend time outside doing stuff, he was constantly yelling for me off the porch or bothering me, grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. He cannot seem to manage Toddler Terror for more than 5 minutes by himself. One of these days I am going to leave and then he'll be up Shit Creek without a paddle. I long for the days when I only had myself to look after! These were the best of times:Who cares if the fridge is empty, I can always shop/eat later! No laundry doing today because its just my clothes, I have a lot of them, I could go weeks without having to do laundry. No messes to clean up because I am not going to dirty up my already clean house! I can get up in the morning, feed the horses and go back to bed, breakfast can come later. No clutter around my house, I like things put away. No TV blaring either, I could careless if I have a TV or not!

sigh......yep, those were the good ole days!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I moved my grill off the porch and put it under the big shady tree. Now while I am grilling I can visit with the old guy and relax in the shade. Today I am going to move the picnic table over there too. My old rope out there has seen better days!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was 103' degrees when I took this picture, HOT!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Old Guy mowing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My clutterless house (for now!) Ill take another picture in 1 month after son #1 gets home and hubby has his 'stuff' strung out all over the house. I hate clutter and I am constantly picking up or throwing away junk that does not belong laying around. I am not putting my good saddle in the barn or laundry room. I am afraid in the barn a mouse or rat might chew it and in the wash room it might get molded or dry rotted. So I am keeping it inside the house for now. Notice the fruit bowl is empty....I have to go to the store today and get some food and necessities like laundry soap, fabric softener, ect...
I am planning on making a brief visit to Calvacade today. Ill take pictures! Catch y'all later.......

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, very nice kitchen! I like!

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad TT is feeling well. OMG! Hubby needs a 24 hour tour of duty with TT! You could use a break! I am always picking up after Brian too. I think it's in their genes! I'm glad the heat has cooled for you, looks like a nicew place for your grill & picnic table. You're no gonna move that all on your own are you? Ahem, male muscle should be used too. He may work long hours during the week (weekend), but the job never ends - there's always more to be done. You can't manage it with TT, so he should decide - sweaty work or TT for several hours. There, that's my rant for today - I feel much better! No fun planned for today - just a trip to the library, I volunteer on Sat am. Landis won the TDF!! Tomorrow is just a parade for all the survivors - no real race. So it should be fairly dull. maybe we'll go out for breakfast. I'd prefer lunch. I tell ya - WalMart early in the AM is THE best time to go - everyone is asleep - the shelves are full and there are no register lines. We go on Sunday, as everyone's at church until 10 am. (I know, we're heathens!) Oh Joy! Bri's watching spanish TV - the girls are scantily dressed! Drives me crazy, can't understand a word! it's either that or golf - ugh! Ah, another rant - at my limit today. Hope all is well, take it easy & stay cool - in ALL ways! Diane

11:59 AM  
Blogger ~ good girl ~ said...

BG!

You do sound a lil more relaxed. And that grill looks perfect just there. Darn! I wish I had some green too to lay out a grill and dining bits. I would be out there every evening with nice coffee and cake and blogging :-)

Take pictures!!

Love,
GG x

3:02 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

lu-thnx!!! I like it too

brian-your a sweetie!

diane-yep, your right! I need a break from TT and not just an hour or 2. You sound like you need a break as well!! Take care ;)

GG-oh boy, would we get into trouble if you were in Oklahoma, I can throw some pretty awesome BBQ's!!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home