Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Taking Care Of Business

Yesterday Toddler Terror and I packed up 2 more boxes and delivered them to our new home. We also packed up a lot of horsey barn stuff ( buckets, empty feed tubs,tack,brushes, ect ) and loaded the trailer, then pulled it behind the old Jimmy over to the new place, parked it, then unloaded it. This action had the Old Guy all in a tizzy because he thought:

a) he was going somewhere or

b) someone was coming to stay.

Much to his disappointment, it was neither.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

TT and I driving down our road. I found out I am not the best one handed, left hand driver yesterday. My hand looks deformed.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We followed Cattle Shipping Trucks up the big hill. Ever get behind those when they are full of cattle? PeeeYooooooo!!!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

At the top of the hill they turned to go to the Chapman Barnard Ranch. Sigh...I wish I was working, my spending cash is getting dangerously low and with my upcoming vacation, I need more money....


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Some Neighborhood horses. I took all the pictures inthis post from the safety of my car....I was too lazy to actually exit my car and walk closer for better pictures, it was horribly hot and humid, the air was so thick- it was BAD yesterday. My camera does have an awesome zoom tho.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I woke the Old Guy up from his siesta. I was inside my car and honked my horn making him get up. He has bed head hair! Look at those whiskers again-time for another shave....

It stormed bad last night. Our power was out for about 3 hours. We had 80 mph winds but no damage here at the old homestead. Just the electric going out but that was all over. I did notice a couple of tree limbs down, nothing serious. Hubby went by the new place and he called and said all was okay over there. I ended up sleeping half the night on the couch because the storm woke up Wee One who came and got into bed in between hubby and I, which made me hot because no AC from no electric. So I got up and crashed on the couch. When I opened my eyes at 6:30 this morning I had Wee One and his daddy standing over me whining about breakfast, I also could hear the Old Guy hollering for his pellets out in the barn. Luckily, I am in a half way decent mood today...lucky for them!

5 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

happy hump day brian! Ill chack back 'roun for Deweys post

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there BG,

Since you asked, I just put up my new post and it's a long hard one. See you later. Hope you are a having a fantabulous day!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Politically Homeless said...

We had some storms too, but at least it didn't knock out our electricity this time.

Enjoy your Wednesday!

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Diane here. Scooter is so handsome. How "old" is he? Glad the packing is ongoing, and running smoothly. I hate it when the power shuts off. Usually, 'round our community - it blinks off & back on, maybe 30 seconds. Last year during the hurrican season, it went out for a couple hours. And what is up with Hubby whining for food?!! He knows how to operate a fridge, yes? Microwave? How 'bout a coffee pot? He gets PBJ for lunch, let him cut off his OWN crusts!

12:14 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

magz-Im going to be in N.MI in a few short weeks! I cannot wait to jump into Lake Superior-prolly freeze my f-ing arse off too..I thought the same thing about Barbaros, a fake leg! but when I really, seriously, gave it some thought and utilized my higher education smarts and my knowledge of horses, I think it is pretty much physically impossible to evenly distribute a horses weight in such a manner. Plus, the anatomy of a horses leg, especially a hind leg is complicated and the way its all put together will not support a prothesis. Maybe some whizkid from Nasa will design one but I doubt it...sigh...

Dewey-thnx, coming right over

brian-Hi! it was our time to get hammered, y'all got it the last 2 or 3 times


diane-happy wednesday! Scooter is a very young 27yo. Hubby sometimes really gets on my nerves. when I was preggers, especialy the last time and the MD wouldnt let me do ANYTHING, hubby was so awesome about cooking, cleaning, doing anything I wanted or asked, but here recently, hes been kinda demanding. Too bad Im never going to get preggers again!

kari-yes, it does suck! I dontmind sweating if Im outside or having a good romp, but when its time to sleep-no sweat should be involved..

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home