Friday, July 07, 2006

Home Sweet Home

Here are pictures of our new home! I am a bit leary of 'counting my chickens before they are hatched' but hubby has spoken with the realtor and our offer has been accepted. Hubby has also spoken with the owner and he said to come by and get the keys anytime. One thing about living where I do everyone knows everybody or else your related. I will not believe it until the papers are signed, sealed, filed, and delivered. The money is there, thats not a problem, so I am hoping nothing goes wrong...Hubby called and informed the guy who wanted to buy our old place that it was for sale, it looks like we wont have it much longer!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It is a 1998 3 bedroom/2 bath doublewide. It has been homesteaded which means its no longer a doublewide. The inside is very open. I am not real wild about the outside blue color but its in a perfect spot, I can learn to like blue in the spot the house is. The inside is quite open with a large kitchen. It suprised me just how big it was inside, it looks small from the outside I thought. It comes with 30 acres, 2 excellent waterwells, and you can see the out-buildings. I couldnt get a picture of the garage or barn, they were behind the horse run-in shed and the house. It has a long private driveway (needs some work!) and the 30 acres needs a bit of brush-hogging done. Hubby is ready to do that. What is it about men and thier tractors?!?!!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hubby will have to build me another round-pen with his welder(for now I can make do with my livestock panels). He also has a lot of pipe fence to build. He did a lot of work here at our home now, it looks great too. Where we live now is an older place and not nearly as 'new' as the home we are buying. We thought about a modular home or building from scratch here, but it is such hard work, and then getting the permits, limited land space, and the neighbors so close these days are a pain in the *ss. I am excited about moving! just not excited about the actual physical part of it. I would love to hire someone, but for a 3 mi (actually its closer to 4 mi) move is silly. sigh....when the papers are signed and it is a done deal, Ill start packing. I'll keep ya posted with moving updates.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool!! Looks great and 30 acres isn't too shabby!! I'm happy for you!

8:54 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

sailormoon-thnx! I am very excited, Iam going to buy another horse, hubby doesnt know it yet tho heehee

9:17 AM  
Blogger Porta's Cat said...

looks like fun.

I am in the "buy a home" market myself, so I celebrate your good luck with you!

9:45 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

portascat-good luck! Everything is going so smoothly I am getting suspicious........

10:26 AM  
Blogger kel said...

Looks GREAT Congratulations!!

11:47 AM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

wow! Very nice....

Men with Tractors! Power!

12:12 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kel-thnx!

paval-omg, the tractor even has a name! big bertha, can you imagine?

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aniin BG

Diane and Dewy say hi and love the new place. You are right about the color though.

1:13 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

bri and diane-thnx

magz-thnx, where y abeen?!?!

2:33 PM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

Of Course, Barngodess. You GOTTA name your power tools...

5:03 PM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

Very Nice BG! I'm so happy for you:) Have fun with all the new land!!

5:24 PM  
Blogger ~ good girl ~ said...

OH YAY!!!!! Congratulations, BG!! This is really wonderful news. How super exciting :-)

Sigh. I love setting up new spaces. It's such a love endeavour and so very fulfilling to do. of course, I will hire someone to clean out the dust ;-)

Happy new adventure, BG!

GG x

7:48 AM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

you sound so excited, I'm so happy for you! i don't envy the packing and moving though since i just did it myself 2 months ago, i've had my fill of that for a while. (but i'd still help you if i lived closer)

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home