Saturday, July 01, 2006

A Lovely Day In The Neighborhood

Today I made that marathon shopping trip to Wal-Mart. There had to be a thousand people in Wal-Mart, I am not kidding. They were stalled in the aisles, browsing the shelves, or just standing there blocking my path. I know what I want and I almost, but not quite, speed walk my 'routine' thru Super-Wal-Mart. Might as well get a good cardio work out right? I always seem to piss people off when they have to move thier cart or thier bodies out of my path, They all cannot line up on one side of the aisle. Oh no, that would be too easy or considerate. They have to stand or line thier carts up side by side, creating a road block. The only one's that can do that are the old folks, then I have patience. I am going to be old one day. My dad is an old guy (75). I hope I am treated with consideration and respect when I am elderly. I witnessed something nice in the Baking aisle when I was picking out marshmellows.. A tiny, old lady could not reach an item on the top shelf. She tried to make her frail, little arm reach, but she was almost a good foot away. A young boy, I'd guess about 13-14 yo was walking with his mother, he went over to the little old lady and got her item down from the shelf. I was too far away to hear what was said, but he was smiling and looked like a very nice kid. His mother looked on and I couldnt help but think her heart was swelling with pride. When I passed them, I heard the little lady saying that she could not reach a lot of stuff when shopping alone. I left the baking aisle at Wal-Mart thinking maybe there is hope for mankind...

See these fire pictures below? I was leaving the Mall (nail appointment, trip to Dillards) the firetrucks were right in front of me speeding towards Wal-Mart. I worried for a second that Wal-Mart caught fire and screwed up my whole day! I snapped these pictures when I was at the light. By the time I reached the Wal-Mart parking lot, the fire was almost out. The rubberneckers were in the way so I just parked and went inside the mammoth store. I never did find out was caught fire. Burger King or Montana Mikes or a car fire maybe.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


*************************************

The heathens down the road are up to thier fireworks shannanigans again. I want to move. I never did before but we are getting too many people out our way. I told hubby this yesterday and he said okay. But, he has never like living here, the garage isint big enough and our road sucks. We want more land and a bigger house. Iam beginning to think that is going to become a reality in the not-so-distant future.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


I put Scooter in his corner early evening. Here he is trying to get close to the fireworks.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here is the Old Guy before I fly sprayed him again. His mane is getting unruly again, needs another pulling. He had a scaredoo today. He keeps getting his tail caught in the barb wire, ugh!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Here he is trying to speed away to see more fireworks but I called him back and put him inside his stall for the nite. He was making himself sore again, grrrrr. The brat thought about not stopping when I called him to the gate, he acted like he might trot away when he saw me taking his picture. He stopped and turned around tho.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


The moon.
I took this picture from the town's roping arena. I went and watched. Rode an extra horse Uncle D. brought in poles and roped 1 calf. I had to chase that little bugger all over before I finally got a loop around him. My stirrups were too long and I couldnt reach them, I was to lazy to adjust them before I rode in Uncle D's slick as snot saddle. One awesome thing about riding in a roughed out saddle is you have a little help in the friction department, Uncle D.'s antiqued saddle was gigantic and shiny smooth. When I finally got that little creme colored, charlois calf jerked down I got some cheers! Hubby said, "You need to practice! but you looked hot". Isint he a sweetie? I sat for a while with Wee One at the chute. The skeeters got bad so we came home. Cousin L. was supposed to bring me the brood mare to put some trail miles on but he couldnt catch her. He said she ran off with the young geldings she was turned out with to the back of his massive pasture and he did not want to mess with her. I told him if he gets time tomorrow to call me, I could haul her, and I'd help gather her up. A horse that does not like to be caught is one thing I cannot tolerate. All it takes is time to make a no-catch-me horse to accept being approached in the pasture and haltered. A lot of time and a lot of repeated actions.

Toddler Terror spent almost the entire day with his daddy. They did fun stuff like: went to the car wash and washed hubby's new truck. went to Sonic Drive Inn. went to the big play park and ran around, went down the slides and went on the swings. Wee One was wore out. When we came home from the ropings, he crashed on the couch and is still there. He can take his shower in the morning. I am going to put on his PJ's and put him to bed. Then I am going to the shower, I am dirty from the arena and icky from the Off skeeter spray~ Catch y'all later.

12 Comments:

Blogger An Epistemology said...

I love the story about the old woman and the young boy.

I have always wanted a horse, but grew up in the 'burbs.

11:31 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

rachel-it was nice for a change to see someone doing a good deed :)

11:49 PM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

how nice to hear it was a teenage kid that helped her! there is hope for mankind maybe.

ok, dying to know! do you have some kind of fancy digital camera or is it all talent and how you point your camera to get your great pictures?

7:32 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kt-I have a Kodak performance camera with a good zoom feature (I forget to use when taking quick shots!) The price range was in the upper-middle, not cheapo depo but not the most expensive ones either. I got it for Mother's Day last year. I absolutely love it! Kodak is the best kind for technically challenged people like me...also, I used to suck at taking pictures until I got this Kodak!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love reading your posts and come here as often as I can (I'm a single mom w/kids, my youngest is a 4 yo son) to catch up on your life. I've always liked horses, I live on an acre and most of my neighbors have some. Your pics are awesome of anything you take. I am also technically challenged and have thought about a digital camera but....maybe someday.

8:22 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

sailormoon-I bet you are very BUSY! digital cameras are so simple now. I thought about buying another one, a Kodak at Wal-Mart that is priced about $129.00 just to keep in my car instead of hauling my good one around inside my bag all the time!

8:27 AM  
Blogger kel said...

What drives me nuts in WalMart is the ones stopped having a reunion...ugh, I am like okay I really wanted to look there.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kel-thats how it always seems huh? they need to go back to the fabrics or paint area, thats the least busy of the store!

barngoddess

4:36 PM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

I don't know what it is about Walmart that makes people rude. I'm like you, I know what I want< i want to get it and get out of there but noooooo. Actually, Walmart here as opposed to Walmart back in New Mexico has much fewer shoppers and is less of an obstacle course. I refused to shop there in NM.

Your old guy sounds like such a character and he's so handsome! And since I'm writing a book I've been meaning to tell you what a cutiepie your Wee One is too. Love those curls.

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

unacknowledgedgenius-thnx, my Wee One is such a sweetie but a terror at the same time, he is amazing, he keeps me on my toes! The Old Guy is fun, he has a great personality!

10:42 PM  
Blogger Celeste said...

Good for that mother for having taught her boy well.

It is so unusual for a horse to like fireworks!

1:46 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Love the horse pics!! I am glad to hear of someone doing a kind deed in WalMart Hell. I HATE WalMart but it is a necessary evil.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home