Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A Little Bit of This

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today I came across Ride For Dreams and I felt like sharing this neat story with y'all. It is Kimball Foord's blog. It tells about he and his QuarterHorse Cody, and also his Austrailian Shepard Cheyenne, as they ride across Canada to raise money for CanTRA-Canadian Therapeutic Riding Association . Pretty cool.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Normally, I am not a confrontational type person. I am out-spoken and take up for myself when it is needed but rarely do I go about looking for drama. This afternoon when Wee One and I were up at the Tribal Clinic to file all the appropriate paperwork with contract health to get his surgery paid for, we had to wait in a small line. Nothing unusual about that at the appointment desk but it was odd at the contract health office. I overheard some of the ladies waiting and it was about mammograms or something similar type test that needed approval from contract health. So, Wee One and I were 2nd in line, waiting our turn patiently. He didnt feel very well and I was holding all 30lbs of him with his little blonde, curly head on my shoulder. A new group of 2 ladies and 2 teen-aged girls got into line behind the older women who had sat down behind me on the hard wooden bench. The teenagers just kind of stared off into space like sometimes teenagers do, not at all interested in thier surroundings. I turned my back a bit to them to get the glare of the sun from a window nearby out of Wee one's eyes and I over heard the older, tall frizzy headed new comer say "Another line. I am tired of these lines. Especially when they are filled with blonde haired blue-eyed people that are more white than any kind of Indian Blood I ever saw". I knew this comment was directed at me. I knew this because the older ladies were obviously Osages, you can just tell, they were most likely full blooded. The tall frizzy headed lady NEVER should have said something like that in regards to me. She really got my hackles up, in a BAD way. I set Wee One down next to one of the older ladies to keep our place in line and walked behind the bench. I just so happened to have my Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood (CDIB Card w/ my pic) in my hand to give to the contract health secretary (they need to see the blood quantum seal that doesnt show up when copied) My blood quantum is 1/2, that means I am 1/2 Native American. I approached that tall, frizzy headed lady. I said " I do not appreciate your comment about 'white' people', here is my card, you see here, it says 1/2. Mind if I ask about yours?" The spacey eyed teenagers woke up instantly with a suprise look on thier faces, tall frizzy head's friend got busy getting herself a drink from the drinking fountain. Tall, frizzy head said " I dont think" when I cut her off. I said, "No, you obviously dont think before you shoot your mouth off." Then I went and gathered up Wee One before she really p*ssed me off. Luckily it was our turn into the secretarie's office. While walking away, I heard, I think it came from one of the teenagers, "She told you mom!". Then a few giggles from the teenagers and possibly a few from the older Osage ladies too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I Like green. Its one of my favorite colors. When I think of green, I also think of hubby's eyes, money, pasture grass, my thriving houseplants, long summer days, but NOT a saddle pad or horse tack in ANY form.................this poor horse is fashion challenged but since the stirrups look sorta short, he might belong to a child, if that is the case, all is forgiven!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Wee One has learned some new words from his 2 little cousins he played with today. He learned "shut up" and "make me" and " your a dumbo" and " not me" and now he chants " I farted, I farted, I farted!" Ack! who needs daycare to teach Toddler Terror bad things when he has his little cousins to teach him!?! His new-bad-words vocabulary was suffering since his older brother has been away. Wee One hasnt learned any new bad words since May. No more play dates over at the cousins house!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Old Guy is feeling better tonite. He is still sore, but nothing like he was this morning. Of course vet J. suggested Bute, which I am leary about, do not want to ask for any stomach problems. I still have the vial I can inject instead of those huge pills that are sometimes given. The Old Guy gets fed 3X a day his Purina Equine Senior feed. Morning, noon, and night. Most people grain thier horses morning/night but since I am home and able to grain him at noon, I do because it is better for his digestive system. When I worked away from home, he was on a morning/night schedule. I cut back his feed today about 1/3 making him graze much more. A lot of times, after he eats his grain he might pick around the pasture a bit but not into any serious grazing unless he has another horse to graze-compete with. I kept him up from in his 'corner' so I could keep a close eye on him if he got worse with his lameness but he didnt. He wasnt happy about the feed cutback, but his fat ass isint suffering, that is for sure! I noticed he spent a lot of the day grazing instead of dozing or standing staring at the house. This kept him up and moving, I think tomorrow he'll be okay again. Tonite, I put inside his stall should the heathen brats start up thier antics again.

I went for a drive ALONE earlier tonite. No Toddler Terror hollering from the back seat and No Husband's presence to irritate...until I got home of course. Anyhow, I took my camera and Ill post the pictures sometime tomorrow, whenever I load them onto my puter........I think I'll have a whiskey, maybe it'll help me sleep tonite.

14 Comments:

Blogger Rude1 said...

Bravo for you BG! You tell them girl! I Love it hehehehe

9:19 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

thnx rude1! I was so mad! they werent waiting out in the hall when I came out of the office, shucks. They smelled like smokers so I think they probly went outside across the road off fed land to smoke. Not that I have anything against smokers-I was one once...oh how I miss it!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I hate rude people, they can really ruin a mood or even a day, if you let them. Which I've sadly been known to do before (I've even blogged about it).

Hey, glad you stopped by to visit me when I posted about the Wiggles concert. Sorry to have taken so long to come visit back, I took a hiatus from blogging for awhile, but I'm back now.

Love all your cool pictures, I'll be back from time to time.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Hope said...

I love how you stand up for your self I'm the same way I'm part cherokee ,and I can't stand when people talk bad about them in my perasince is just makes me so mad. Keep up the good wrok.

12:02 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

holly-that was ages ago! glad you stopped 'round here, c'mon back!

hope-sometimes people really suck!

I felt discriminated against yesterday!!

6:03 AM  
Blogger kel said...

Good for you standing up for yourself!

6:29 AM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

yay for you. I am such a wuss I probably would have just sat there steaming. I admire you for standing up for yourself.

7:33 AM  
Blogger ~ good girl ~ said...

GOOD FOR YOU, BG!! That's just what we need more of. Uninformed bratty remarks. You told it good.

Hehe. Your fashion-challenged horse comment was too funny.

Hope the whiskey works!

GG x

7:50 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

bri-ya, I know you!

unacknowledgedgenius-maybe you need to take a 'how to be a b*tch class'...I hear those work, I come by it naturally...........

gg-The whiskey worked, I was asleep at 11 pm! but woke at 4:45 am.sigh

8:17 AM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

it peeves me hearing the passive agressive whispers that people don't expect you to respond to. good for you for speaking your heart!
did the whiskey help :)?

8:42 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kt-I just could not bite my tongue in that instance....yes the whiskey helped!

8:47 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kari-ya, I hope she learned!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Landra Douglas said...

Way to go girl! (LOL That sounds like something if, in your position, I would have done!)

The Senior Feed is good stuff. Joe (my 21 y/o gelding) gets it motning and night along with the supp I told you about and he's doing pretty well.

Whiskey, eh? You really are a girl after my own heart. Drink one for me :)

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
» » »

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home