Friday, June 23, 2006

Roaming About

Over at another horsey-blog, Bridlepath , I came across this quiz 'What famous horse are you?' so of course, I took it.


It told me this:
"You are Bucephalus, who could only be tamed by Alexander the Great. After he died he founded a city in your honour. You believe that the good things in life are there to be enjoyed, and you're not shy about making sure you get your share."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

***************************************
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yesterday's sky

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Today's sky....kinda matches my mood.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This old house on the corner is for sale. It looks cold on the outside but the inside had warm mahogany paneled walls. I saw the inside once and still remember how lovely it was. The house is located in the town son #1 attends school in. Too bad it sits in town and not on a few acres....not that I could afford a $250,000 home or anything.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The dances are going on in town in Indian Camp. Toddler Terror and I went there about lunch time in search of meat pies. Everyone had already gone off to thier own 'camps'. Families had thier fires going, cooking, visiting, eating, under thier make-shift shelters from the sun and rain. We ran into KB and J who are man-dancers, they invited us to thier camp(The BH Camp). TT and I walked over, he ran off to play with some other little kids his toddler size. He was easy to spot, his light ringlets making him stand out against his dark-headed friends. KB's sister M was doing a fast beading repair on his one of his dress mocs, and I also saw a women's shawl she had repaired earlier. Some of the dancer's clothing is passed down in the families, so repairs are the norm. The kids roamed back into the camp in search of some food. Wee One tried some corn soup, he didnt like it....then he ate a slice of smoked brisket and a piece of fry bread that was big, made big for an Indian Taco. He chased it all down with a root beer. After the little one's ate, they ran off to the playground area. Mama D and I followed steps behind them talking about our oldest 2 boys who'll soon be starting junior high football. We let the kids play for about 15 minutes before preparation for the next dance began. It took some cajoling, but we herded the kids back to the BH Camp. KB and J had gotten dressed and were posing for some family pictures. My camera was in my car and it would have been rude to ask them to wait while I went after it. Maybe I can get a picture tomorrow...but the Osage's are 'funny' about that kind of thing. When they all went to the Arbor, Wee One and I headed home. He needed a nap and it was sprinkling again. Toddler Terror has been behaving well today, but the day isint over yet. We were invited back this evening but I am just not feeling festive or sociable at the moment.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A while ago, I lit the grill. Then, I put a seasoned chuck roast, new potatos, fresh green beans, and a vidala onion, all wrapped in foil on to slowly cook. It is a meal that should last for 2 days, I hope. Tomorrow I am taking a day off from cooking. Hopefully, I 'll get to take an early morning ride on the old guy and snap outta this phunk.............

5 Comments:

Blogger Rude1 said...

$250K for that house is a steal! Well, it would be out here. I saw a 50+ year old 1100 square foot house with a detached 1 car garage on less than 1/4 acre (in town) for $125K! I about crapped myself LOL!

I hope you get out of your phunk soon; go for a long ride, that shoud do it! If not, how 'bout some shooters?

5:47 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

rude1-crapped yerself-lol I LOVE this old house....hubby said " call the realtor and take a tour even tho we cannot afford it" I cant live there no place for my horses :( so why even look?
Im always up for shooters!

cowgirl-geesh, Im moving to the corn desert, atleast ya have some nice horses and popcorn is one of my favorite foods...

8:28 PM  
Blogger kel said...

As always I just love looking at your pics. Yesterday the sky was so stormy and overcast, I actually love days like that.

5:48 AM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

It's been overcast and MUGGY here. It looks like it should be cool outside but it feels like a sauna. I'm feeling one of those phunks too and not feeling like blogging. Happy weekend.

9:17 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kel-I like a good t-storm, not the shelter sprinting kind, but a good loud boomer is cool.

unacknowledgedgenius-bummer, Ihate these stupid phunks, if your able to shake yours, let me know how you did it.

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home