Monday, June 19, 2006

A Small Weekend Review

This past weekend, Oklahoma received some much needed rain. It rolled in early saturday morning in the form of thunderstorms. The rain disappeared for Father's Day but came back around early this morning, just in time to put a monkey wrench in my plans today...sigh. But that is okay, I have lots of things to get busy doing indoors in between rain spells.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some cattle tracks after the rain....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A barefoot horse track after the rain..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My husband is the Oklahoma and Kansas Production Foreman for a large company out of Tulsa. This is a picture I took yesterday evening at one of hubby's oil leases.
There was a praire chicken we startled. I was not fast enough snapping a picture, I did not get to zoom in before he took off.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The #2 well at the B. lease. The relief pumper said a belt had broken and he had trouble getting it back on. So hubby had to go do this himself. He said it was time to find a new relief pumper for that lease! Even I could manage to replace a stupid belt....the weekly pumper is very reliable. We visited with him later yesterday evening on our way back home. I had to take this pic from inside the truck because the horseflys were in attack mode.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yesterday was the big Father' s Day roping in my area, lots of money ropers and fans. I usually attend, but we had plans to be at my in-laws at a certain time and I had attended the Cattlemen's dinner the night before but declined attending the dance, making my appearance short and sweet. Last year I attended all 3 events, so this year I decided to just attend one. The people are different nowadays, I still know many, but a lot of the familiar faces have moved, passed away, or .....as sometimes people do, they have faded away. I snapped this picture of a familiar horse buddy from across the road as I was driving to a friend's home in the area. The friend is the daughter of a cowboy friend of mine who passed away in March. She asked me to drop by this weekend, knowing I'd be in town for the events. She and her brother had sold her father's home and finally went thru his belongings. She gave me a Bosal that her father had handmade. He sold them for quite a bit of money and had given me one as a gift about 8 years ago. I still use it. We did not have time to visit because she also had plans at her in-laws for Father's Day. She wasnt too emotional, speaking of her father, but I think I smelled alcohol on her breath....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yep...today is monday-dreaded cleaning day...dammit. I am half done, just taking a small break in between chores. Wee one is full ofpiss and vinegar after going back to sleep this morning, we are both rested. Now he keeps jumping on and off my 'expensive' and 'good' saddle I keep on a custom made saddle rack inside my house. It is a Textan, custom made steel tree saddle that is my pride and joy, also too expensive to be sitting in my barn, even tho the barn can be locked. Well, I guess I better go round him up and fix him up in his chair with some play doh so I can finished this last and final round of cleaning.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo lala! I am 1st! I don't know why this is so exciting, but everyone wants to be first. Did you & TT have a good nap? Sounds like he's got a full tank of high test! My task on Monday is to clean the main bathroom, ick. I have a set basic chore each day, so I actually DO something. Great photos! I love scenery & out of the way places. Makes you want to take the trail there yourself. I'll check back in later - checking out for now Diane

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, rats! You sneaky devil!
D

12:14 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

bri and di-it was a nice day yesterday but hot/humid..sunny with some breeze which made it bearable. wee one is being a maniac today, living up to the name Toddlerterror to its fullest!

1:01 PM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

monday is my cleaning day too! although I don't think we are cleaning the same things :)

2:00 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

hi kt!- I have officially named monday cleaning day because weekends make the house a mess...also mondays are no fun anyways..

2:07 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kari-I thought it was kinda cool too (the hoofprint pic)

brian-love it!!TT is napping right now..giving me a break from squealing ;)

3:22 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

bri-cool about the weather....you know I obsess about weather like you obsess about your blogging! do you have the link?

3:35 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

bri-thnx for the links, I canjust copy and pasteno problemp

cowgirl-I see we have yet anothr thing in common, I hate drama, especially when someone whos drama never ends!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home