Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Afternoon Siesta (not mine, Wee one's)

Toddler terror is taking his afternoon nap. Actually he is being a good boy today except for the crapping his pants incident about 20 seconds after I took him off his potty chair! Oh well, just a 2 yo thing I guess. I didnt make a big deal out of it, all in a days work, tomorrow is another day, right?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The hard-mouthed cueless sorrel and I are starting to see eye to eye. Today was much better. I think he is just not used to bending and giving, thats why his straight-neck, stiff front legged actions are so many. I think more ground work, possibly in a surcingle to help him relax and bend more fluidly is on the training agenda. And one good thing, I am keeping him in the snaffle, he is improving a lot with the bit.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I finally trimmed the old guys whiskers, isint he handsome?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Can ya tell I havent been practicing lately? This may be the reason Ive been roping kinda shitty the last 10X, huh?
__________________________________________________

Wee one and I made it to the Farmers Market at rush time. The parking lot was full of old, faded chevy pick ups and sagging cadillacs driven by thier elderly owners. Toddler Terror and I were in search of some fresh peppers(any kind!) but much to our disappointment none were found or all snatched up by the geriatric competition. So we filled our wicker basket with fresh sweet corn ears, cantaloupe, carrots, new potatoes, fresh green beans, a few tomatos, and cucumbers. When we were paying out, here comes this old man marching towards us half carrying his walker on wheels. Wee one looked up at me like "save me mom! I am in the direct path of this man" so I scooped him up and glad I did, that old man was in such a rush to fondle the cantaloupes, he ran over my left foot. Good thing I was wearing boots. I wanted to say in my loud rude voice "Excuse me!" but after noticing the gigantic hearing aides protruding from both of his ears, I decided it would be a waste of time. Toddler Terror and I went back to the safety of our car, and while I was loading our goodies into the trunk, I saw the rude old man nearly topple an little Indian lady picking over the tomatos. Who let this guy loose anyhow?

I know getting old is inevitable. Just like paying taxes. My Father is 75 yo but gets around pretty good, he would never behave like that old man with the walker on wheels in the stained up wife-beater shirt. I know I should be more understanding blah blah but dammit this guy always acts like an ass when the Farmers Market comes to town in the early summer, he did the same thing last year.

Okay my mini-rant is over.

Hubby just popped in to grab a bite before heading to the Tulsa Office to do his mountain of paperwork. I offered him my desk, he said it was too cluttered and messy. I guess he doesnt like my filing system. He wanted a late lunch to eat while driving, I offered to make him his favorite roasted turkeybreast on whole wheat but instead he opted for a apple, 4 choclate chip cookies, and a bag of pork rinds with a bottle of Louisianna Hot sauce..........my family eats some weird stuff! Tonite for dinner we are having fresh corn on the cobb, grilled cajun chicken breasts, and green beans. I think I'll make some strawberry daiquiris if my mix is not out of date. I have a pint of rum that no one seems to be drinking.

Catch ya tomorrow!

8 Comments:

Blogger Politically Homeless said...

Did you say.....daquiris?

4:37 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

bri-I make potato pancakes w/ applesauce, no corn fritters tho! Do u eat chicken?

5:41 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Brian-yes, I have plenty left over too!

7:17 PM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

I'm afraid I'm already turning into the dreaded little old lady driver but in a car, not with a walker..yet.

Your dinner sounded delicious.

9:29 AM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

wow, i am just blown away by the pictures. so pretty. thank you for sending me to your sister..i wish her well in the nursing career. i need to stop by your blog everyday to pet the horses!

10:33 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

datingmaster-ya think so? ok, Ill be by in a few to visit.

bri-Diane is a gem! no problem if ya want to hang out here...you do a bit of cleaning if ya like, no just joking..did all that on Monday (sorta) do u drink milk? just curious!

unacknowledgedgenius-I sympathise about the little old lady behind the wheel, after my bad car wreck, I am so much more cautious. Dinner was great...lots of leftovers

kt-I hope my sister visits your blogger. SHe graduates with her RN degree soon, I am so happy for her!My horses are spoiled and loved to be fussed over. Stay awhile and scratch some ears.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
» » »

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. vw thing 322453 code doctor serial spyware Blackjack online for free Mazda protege evap leak Consolidation credit history loan poor celebrex dangerous roulette wheel manufacturer oreck air purifier 2005 pontiac gto ram air 6

7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home