Friday, June 09, 2006

Just a Bit of News

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting While wee one was napping, I checked out some local news. It looks like Oklahoma's Governor has Signed the Bill Allowing Death Penalty For Repeat Child Molesters. This is one HUGE step in the fight to keep out Nation's children safe. Thank you, Governor Henry.

" Oklahoma City (AP) - A bill to allow the death penalty for repeat child molesters is now law.Without comment, Governor Henry signed the legislation into law today.Anyone convicted a second time of rape, forcible sodomy, lewd molestation or rape by instrumentation of a child under 14 could be put to death.Oklahoma joins Florida, Louisiana and Montana with similar legislation. South Carolina's legislature has also passed such a bill and the governor there is expected to sign it into law soon.Defense attorneys and death penalty experts say the law is likely to be found unconstitutional if challenged.No one convicted of a sex offense has been executed since the U-S Supreme Court reinstated the death penalty 30 years ago. However one inmate is on death row in Louisiana following his 2003 conviction for raping an 8-year-old girl. "NewsChannel 8

8 Comments:

Blogger Rude1 said...

Now that is good news! I hope the rest of the nation follows OKs fine example! How you doing Bettie? :)

5:33 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

rude1-wow! hey stranger how are ya? I am doing great. Thnx for stopping by :) I promise more Ms.page soon, just for you.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

I still have mixed feelings about this. If it was one that came to a vote of the people, I most likely would have voted 'yes' for it.

But I still have mixed feelings about it.

My only reason is having an uncle on the wrong side of this equation. I know what was done TO him that influenced who he became.

I want him to live every last day of his life in jail (he will). But, I want him to have the chance to repent (will he? won't he? I don't know?).

It's weird ... of the three people who hurt me ... one I'd have no problem seeing executed. The one who did the most emotional damage, I wouldn't want to see executed. The other one ... you betcha!
The third ...not sure.

See ... I have very mixed feelings on this. If not for my uncle, I'd probably not have mixed feelings. If not for my extremely abusive grandmother ... my uncle would not be getting my mercy.

12:07 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

dreaming again-thank you for sharing your story, it is important you are heard. I think this law will get rid of the DUncans, Coueys, ect.. in our world who are the perps of the most henious crimes. All abuse is a vicious circle, it takes a strong person to stop the cycle and change themselves. I am not so sure your Uncle deserves your mercy, but then again, I am not in your shoes but I certainly respect your opinion and your story. I consider myself lucky to have blogger friends who make this world a better place, that means you :)

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi BG,
Guess what? This is Brian! I know, but Diane discovered that we can leave anonymous comments on webtv. Cool! I'll still use e-mail mostly. Have you heard from cowgirl lately? Haven't seen her all week.
Thanks for all the stuff.

1:43 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

cool brian... way to go Diane!

behind (I like 'next to' better)every good man is a woman to guide him!

1:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi BG! Diane here. Yeah, I like to "play" alot, never dreamed I'd find something helpful! I am usually beside Brian, all the way!
Brian's Diane aka Mrs HB

1:58 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

brian/diane-sometimes the internet can be hard to navigate! why did my blogger turn to bright blue writing? Ill never know-it is beyond me..

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home