Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Busy, Busy, Not

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingHere is a picture of one of the baby rabbits that has been hanging around. I was quick enough to snap a picture before the little feller ran off. It was just before dark lastnight and I was outside fetching 2 dead blackbirds that fell into the horse's water tank and drowned. Are blackbirds the dumbest birds on this earth?!? Because those are the only kind that drown in the tank, ever. I was pissed off about that because not 30 minutes earlier, I was outdoors with hubby and toddler terror, I filled the tank up to the brim while we were watching the wee one jump on the trampoline. Did I ever mention that I do not like birds? Especially dead ones I have to fish out of the water tank. Because then, I have to wash the tank and refill it. And afterwards, I feel all itchy and creepy from touching those dead things, even with gloves on. I have about 10 mosquito bites from lastnite while I was scrubbing the tank. OFF bug spray isint all that it's cracked up to be!

Hubby and I havent seen the other baby rabbit since yesterday morning. We hope a feral cat, snake, or bird of prey hasnt made a meal out of it. But the odds are that it is probably gone for good.
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingThis morning was rainy. It is slowly clearing up. I hope the sun comes out for awhile. I want to hang out some sheets, blankets, and pillow cases on the closeline. I have a small bit of fence to fix whenever I get motivated to do so. I should do it today but I am already wore out, toddler terror and I have been playing games all morning. I have barely done anything around here, I really need to get busy but its hard to say 'no' when wee one wants to play! Besides, after toddler terror talked to his older brother on the phone last night, hes been asking for his 'bubba' again. Son #1 sounded like he was having a good time in N. MI and he was excited about being able to work. Not the least bit homesick, thats for sure!

This evening toddler terror and I are going out to best friend L.'s new home to visit and I am taking the house warming present I bought. I can tell y'all what it is because she cant look at blogger at work and her puter isint set up yet at her new house! I probly will help her with the latter. I bought her a new Quarter Horse Welcome Mat from Mock Brothers when toddler terror and I went to Tulsa friday. It has her last name's initial and a nice, big stocky QH, the kind she likes. Hubby wont bein from work until 8 or 9 pm because he is driving home from the lower part of the state instead of staying at a motel.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting My old horse has a bit of arthritis in his right shoulder. He hasnt been lame or real sore until today. But sometime in the middle of the night, D.'s burro who lives about 3 miles away, escaped and ran down to our place. This midnight visitor had my old guy excited and running around with the other horses. I hate to medicate him with bute, it is a good med but wreaks havoc on thier digestive tracts, which is something I will avoid at all costs. Scooter hasnt been on his supplement of Chondroitin (HCL) and Glucosamine (2KCL) in quite awhile. This supplement does wonders for his arthritis when he ingests it everyday. I called vet J. and she said to start him back on it (which I did already this am) and I have to go by her office for a couple of bute injections should he get worse. He has never required an injection but J. said I should have one around incase...sigh.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Cousin L. bought a new horse yesterday. A nice big stout sorrel and I get to ride him! I am excited. I love riding new horses.....

3 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

brian-poor gator!! and who said OLD people were wise? I bet it wasnt someone from Florida! Yeah, Ill be home before hubby returns, best friend L. only lives about 4 mi on blacktop back roads from my hwy. She has lots of weenie dogs and a litter of 6 week old pups, toddler terror will love playing w/ them.

12:34 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

cant comment grrr

5:09 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

cowgirl-old guy is feeling lots better this afternoon! I still picked up a couple of bute inj. per vet's recommendations thos. Ill keep him on his daily supplements to quite awhile. I rode the new horse this afternoon. Heavy mouthed and has no idea what a leg cue is, but he shows lots of promise!

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home