Saturday, June 10, 2006

The Festivities

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The 2nd saturday in June is important to my tiny town and community. It is when we have our yearly festival. It starts with a parade (dont blink or it'll be over), and then come the turtle races, games, brisket lunch, ranch rodeo and street dance. Hubby and I drove seperate vehicles since after the parade he wanted to come home to the AC. Wee one and I stayed in town, raced a turtle and lost, jumped in the jupitor jump, visited with relatives we like, pretended the ones we dislike werent there, chatted up some friends and political hopefuls, and then waited our 15 minutes in line for our brisket sandwiches with potato salad and beans.
A friend of mine I had lost touch with in early 2000 was riding her elderly bay gelding in the parade as well. I was so glad to see S. We kinda drifted apart when I went back to college full time and she got married. We visited as much as we could until our toddlers pulled us into different directions. S. assured me we'd catch up soon when we were ALONE. I know she'll be calling because that is the kind of gal S. is, she does exactly what she says she'll do. Why I let us lose touch? I cant remember, sometimes I really suck at relationships.
After I bought our brisket dinners, wee one and I raced home to the comfort of the AC and out of the 100 degree temperature. Hubby, of course, had the thermostat set at 65 degrees. So, it was nice for awhile now it is just plain COLD. I am biting my tongue from complaining, he does have to work out in this heat everyday. So, I'll save that bitch for a later date. But, as he snores from the couch, I feel that old evil compulsion to snuff out the loud snoring with a fluffy down pillow. Geesh, I hope nothing ever really happens to him or I'll be deleting posts and becoming a prime suspect!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting The ranch rodeo starts at 7 pm. I havent planned on entering any events, but I still might, it just depends on how I feel when I get there. I need to dust off my dancing boots, or maybe I'll just wear shorts because it looks like at dark its going to still be in the high 80's to low 90's. I do not want to have a sweat stroke dancing around in boots and britches! Maybe Ill just pack a bag before we leave for the ranch rodeo....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Dontcha just love summer? I do, it is my favorite season tied with fall (I also love fall). Flowers are everywhere, they are so pretty. Even my geraniums have come back to life from thier toddler terror attack earlier in the spring. Today has been a good day, so far.....

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Evening BG,this is the terrible duo, Bri/Di again.lol Di says that if poking doesn't work, out comes the pillow.

Is it just a coincidence that right below your rant about dear old hubby is a picture of a horse's posterior?
65 a/c, BRRRRRR, we keep ours at78, and I am still cold. Working outside all day, I do not like A/C.Diane is hot blooded, she needs to be cooled down.

One good thing about webtv is the pics look great, makes me almost want to ride a horse.

It was a record high today of 97, the rain from the tropics is coming up in bands starting overnight, we could get an inch or 10 inches by Tuesday. I'll have a very special report on Weds.;))

And down the stretch they come, sorry your noble steed, I mean turtle lost. Does your town have a stoplight?

Hope you had fun at the rodeo and dance.

6:01 PM  
Blogger kel said...

We have frog jumping contests at our town festival.

6:44 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

bri/di-poking never works, neither does pinching! I wish I could sleep like that, the slightest noise and I am awake, I think I was a cat or maybe a horse in a previous lifetime...I was checking my mail before I left for the ranchrodeo and street dance. a t-storm has blown up! dammit!!! double dammit!!I hope it doesnt hurt ourplans. I am easily chilled, so 65deg is wayy to cold for moi, as soon as hubby's not looking I turned the thermostat up to 72 deg-heehee Y'all are in for what we in Okla call a 'gullywasher' take care! Funny you should ask about a stop light. No, nope. The biggest town over has one, just one and u can run it as long as no cops are around or no ones coming. My 12 yo schools there. Steppenwolfer disappointed me at Belmont....sigh....bri/di maybe you should ride a horse, I find they are good for my soul, I literally would perish without my horse, or horses in my life!

6:47 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

I bet frogs are fun!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Shannon akaMonty said...

What gorgeous pictures! :)

So, did you win the powerball? Because I didn't. Boo.

;)

1:14 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

akamonty-no, I didnt win the powerball.....but I still have hope, someday, just maybe.....I know 2 people who won the MI state's lotto, so I know it can happen! maybe I just need to play the OKLA lottery, ya know, go a little smaller...
thnx for the pic compliment!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Sunday morning BG,this is Brian. I'm just stopping by, gonna be lazy and watch sports all day long, 3 soccer games, 2 auto races, and cycling, plus see if Michelle Wei can find her putter. Waiting on the storm, might get 4-8 inches of rain, wind on Monday.Did you get out and dance last night?
Have a great day, e-mail me with details!

7:37 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

bri-just missed ya earlier, i was able to convince toddler terror to go bad to sleep after i ran out and fed the horses! we slept until about 15 minutes ago....how nice for me. Hubby had some kind of work sorta emergancy he had to go do, I did not get the details and turned off the phones ringers...Im such a brat but Ineeded SLEEP. Now im hungry, think Ill go rustle up some chow for wee one and myself. Enjoy your lazy sunday and batton down the hatchets for the approaching storm..take care~!

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home