Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Zoo Trip

The Zoo trip was fun. It was very HOT, 95 degrees. We arrived about 10:30 am. I was suprised at the big crowds of people. I decided to visit the zoo on Tuesday thinking it might not be crowded. But, I guess the YMCA of greater Tulsa, Church Groups from all over, and DayCares thought the same thing as me. Anyhow, despite the near heat stroke I had from pushing Wee One around in his off-road built stroller, and the lack of working water/pop machines along the way.....we really had fun.

The first thing we did was visit the chimps and Toddler Terror got an up close view of one eating an onion, it scared him at first, and Wee One covered his eyes.. it was cute.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Zoo sign...I took this when we were leaving..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Look! Toddler Terror and I saw the snake feedings this morning......this is the garter snake eating a white mouse.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Wee one had to stay and watch until the whole mouse was ate. He thought that was cool. My kid is weird-kinda like me I think. The only pictures that turned out good were of the garter snake eating. The other 2 snakes had bad flash glares in the picture. Afterwards, the 'snake keeper' came out from behind the exhibit and watched the snakes thru the glass with us. He stood near us and offered some info. He was a guy who I thought was attractive in a "Stone Cold" Steve Austin way, while wearing khaki zoo clothes. Does Steve Austin still wrestle? I never followed that stuff but always did think he was hot. Yeah, I know, I think a lot of men are hot. Nothing wrong with looking at something appealing, right?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is the WingsofWonder-live butterfly experience entrance. There were butterflys all over. It was so cool! The exhibit is more than 2,280 square feet and is covered with a light weight mesh to contain the butterflies. A “chrysalis house” is also neat to see, where we watched butterflies emerge from their chrysalis and prepare for flight. Toddler Terror was impressed and the butterflyzooguy was very nice about the whole thing when Toddler terror wanted to squash the poor butterfly. We didnt hang out too long because Wee One was getting tired by the time we reached the butterfly exhibit and was trying to dig around in the mini-waterfall and catch the butterflys.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here comes the train we rode. Toddler Terror was well-behaved and an absolute angel on the entire round trip ride. But, he is fascinated with trains. We bought a new piece at Wal-Mart for his train set, a tunnel...just like the one we rode thru on this train.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is Wee one on the train. The first thing he did was put on his seatbelt (which was optional!) He rode just like that the entire ride, much to my relief.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Here is Wee One after the Zoo trip. He took a 4 hour nap! We went to the gift shop in search of a zoo t-shirt and a magnet but he saw these snakes and just had to have one. He hasnt let go of it since we bought it!

________________________________________________

Enough about the Zoo trip, it was fun and I still have 2 free admissons and 3 tokens for either the train or carousal rides. I think Ill save those for a fall trip, like maybe late October or early November when it cools off.

I was surfing the news a while ago. I was happy to see the Judge Spares Life of Lewis the Cat. I ve always felt that Lewis was wrongfully accused and his antics blown way out of proportion. I think Lewis had reason to attack those individuals. I hope he is able to obey the judge's orders and stay indoors 24/7. Poor Lewis!

Much to our misfortune, lastnite hubby and I witnessed the whole Connie Chung singing her version of "Thanks for the memories" at the farwell episode of maury's and her show on MSNBC(I think MSNBC,not sure). It was aired on another news channel and they played the whole thing. It was painfull but a bit laughable, especially when ms.Chung let out the loud grunt when she heaved herself off the piano......I think she has completely lost her mind or was under the influence of something very strong. I can also write a whole entry about her husband, Maury, and his fascination for unwed mothers with multiple kids by different fathers and also his fondness for crossdressers who actually appear to be real women.....

6 Comments:

Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I always enjoyed the zoo.

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, Wee One is so very handsome! and such a cutie! I always like the Zoo. I'm more into the furry critters though, I really hate bugs. I don't care that these are pretty winged creatures, they are icky bugs with disguises on. I love trains too, too bad they are disappearing. Such a wonderful mode of transport. I went to the Bronx Zoo by train with a girlfriend, back when I roomed with her. We weren't all that interested in the caged "animals" though.....hehehe Diane

8:11 AM  
Blogger GaffLady said...

wee one is so cute! zoo and 90 degrees, i may take a nap too. looked like fun.

8:34 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

jack-it was fun! sometimes the caged animals make me sad tho

bri-thnx!he looks like me 'cept for the curls..

diane-I do not like most bugs...butterflys, dragon flys catapillars, are few on my not squash list tho

kari-thnx! he is a cutie, even when he is a total maniac. I really needed a nap after that trip, but no such luck, maybe I can squeeze one in today..

8:50 AM  
Blogger Porta's Cat said...

I am not sure what his fascination is with Mrs. Chung, however....

12:12 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

portascat- ms. chung is an idiot, she proved that when she covered the OKC bombing....

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home