Monday, July 10, 2006

Mondays Pictures, A few From The Old Days...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Today's sunrise about 8:30 am. I had already been up for 2 hours but needed my bag out of my car. Of course, the Old Guy heard me outside and thought he needed to be fed again. So, I gave him about a half gallon of the sweet feed. He already had his equine senior pellets so I thought he deserved a treat. I leave everything inside my car. Phone, bag, money, everything.....I just keep it locked 24/7. This is another one of my habits that irritates my hubby. Too bad for him. It is cloudy today, hot, humid, and rain is on its way right now.





Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The SONIC — America's Drive-In! menu. Wee One and I stopped here the other day to get a cherry slush and a limeade slush ( when we got home I added some Mikes Hard Lemonade to my limeade and it was delicious!)




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Saturday morning, hubby brush-hogging. Those power lines in the picture are useless and they are only connected to 2 old poles. I put a call into the electric company and they are sending a guy over to check them out, maybe take them down. I hope they send the new guy. He is really cute in a pre-white hair, younger days, Sam Elliott way. He even has that deep, rich, baritone voice. The gals up at city hall were making a fuss over him 2 weeks ago. When I ran into him at our tiny town's only store, I saw why! Very tastey morsal that man is....

*****************************

These next pictures are circa of BarnGoddess's archives. (did that statement make sense?) Oh well, anyhow...I am in the process of taking every one of my pictures and putting them onto my PC then storing them up on AOL. My photo albums have seen better days, they are falling apart and my pictures are suffering. So I thought now is the best time to get my sh*t in order and get these pictures put into order and stored somewhere safe. Since we are moving, now is the best time. So, I plucked a couple from my archives for your viewing pleasure.




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
An oldy but a goody! Best friend L. at her parents house when she was training 'Jay' as a 2 yo. I have to give best friend L. some credit here. She truly has a gift with horses. She has trained quite a few horses, every single one of those equines has turned out to be an awesome tempered horse. The kind of horse that likes people and enjoys people, the kind of horse that people like to have around. She even 'fixed' a few that were ruined by humans and soured.
Jay is a tall horse! Once when we were camping on our horses, I was riding her horse Jay bareback back from a swimming trip at the lake and had to get off to pee. OMG, I thought I would never find a tree or a rock to get back on his tall ass! This one is dated 10/85! We were Juniors in high school.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Best friend L. and I rode all year 'round. If it was not blizzarding or thunderstorming (too badly) if we had the chance, we were horseback. We have been known in high school. to go to class, get out presence counted for, then slip out, play hookey and go riding.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This picture I remember taking when we were riding in the Pigeon River state forest. It was one of our many riding excursions there, this one being one of the last ones before our move to Oklahoma. This one is dated 7/8/89. On this day, we had a lot of fun. We rode all day. We rode into herds of Elk, saw a ton of deer and one young black bear.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi BG! Diane here. Love your pics, as usual - I will be "talking" to you via email later today. gotta run!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, those pics are awesome...

Makes me want to get out of my computer room and go outside.

I should use your pictures as my desktop background, it would be better for my sanity...

11:35 AM  
Blogger ~ good girl ~ said...

Your first picture is beautiful. Is that what you wake up to? How envious.

Reading about your rides with best friend L...it's a sweet ride down memory lane, isn't it? I wish I had fields to ride across. Sometimes, this concrete jungle makes me a little loopy. Whenever I'm by the ocean and countryside on holidays, it makes me want to weep. Oh the openness of it all!!

GG xo

1:17 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

brian-thnx! Ill check it out

cowgirl-yep I played A LOT of hookey, good thing I was an A student.

diane-thnx! have a good day

anon-if I can save anyones sanity, feel free to kype any pics here.

GG-I have hundreds of happy memories that involve my horse/horses in general, and best friend L. too. I could never survive in the city or even a medium sized town. If being in the concrete jungle has you unhappy, move......really, I mean, is it written in stone somewhere that you HAVE to live where you do? I doubt your on house arrest or anything like that!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

That was me up there leaving the "anonymous" comment Barngoddess. Sorry, forgot to log in.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Politically Homeless said...

Mike's Hard Lemonade/Sonic slush? Sounds very good to me.

Love the pictures as always!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home