Thursday, July 20, 2006

Almost Friday...sigh

I am so glad Friday is almost here! This week has been a tough one and Ill be glad when it is over. Some out of town friends called me last nite, they are up at Calvacade. They invited us up to visit when we can. I am really going to make an effort to go to Calvacade, even for an hour or so. I havent seen these friends in about 8 years! Not to mention my round-up club buddies and some of hubby's cousins and family are also competing.

The Old Guy enjoying his new pasture.

Here he is expecting a treat.


No treat, so he is going back to munching.
I had someone come and mow our lawn and weed-eat so hubby wont have to do it this weekend. He has been working long days in this heat. He is gone by daylight and walks in the door just before dark. Today the weatherman is promising 106 degrees in the shade, I cant imagine the heat index. Anyhow, I paid the lawn-mower man out of my cash stash (Ill recoup it at a later date!) $50 was the cost! I think Ill take up mowing lawns for cash, there seems to be a demand and an opportunity to make money-now if I can convince hubby to allow me to drive the lawn mower and operate the new weed-eater.......

9 Comments:

Blogger GaffLady said...

i did that one summer, you can make good $$ mowing lawns. love the pics as usual. having camera issues myself, still trying to get vacation pics downloaded. have some big-horn mountain sheep to show you.

2:09 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kt-cool! I have never viewed big horn mountain sheep in the wild, I bet they are cool.

2:20 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

aniin Brian! I was expecting about $50, we have a huge lawn. I am quite happy with the price and the job, I hope hubby is pleased! Yeah! about 10 more days and we are outta Oklahoma!!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes BG,

But that is what cool sponges are for, to wipe off all that sweat on the lycra!

2:50 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

omg, I just called time/temp and it is officially 107 degrees, no breeze, nada. I went outside and did a few things around the yard and barns while Wee One was napping, I nearly had a sweat stroke, I am NOT bs-ing either! its BAD!! my old horse who usually gallops when he sees me out in the yard just gave a whinny and 'strolled' slowly up to the barns. He was as hot as me, I gave him a squirt w/ the hose and he loved it, then he went and rolled, now hes a huge dust ball who needs fly sprayed when the sun sets tonite. It looks like maybe a break in our weather coming our way, keep yer fingers crossed!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

take care in that heat! sounds awful.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

Have a nice, cool, and well deserved weekend, bg!

6:48 PM  
Blogger kel said...

This heat is awful, I wouldn't want to mow lawns right now awful. Looks like the old guy likes his new pasture.

10:11 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kyahgirl-Im jealous, I bet up in Alberta the weather is awesome!

paval-looks like tonite, a small relief is on the way

kel-its awful isint it? I hope y'all get cooled off in Fort Worth.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home