Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Very Early This Morning

Here are a few pictures I took very early this morning. It wasnt foggy outside, but my camera lense was from stepping outside onto the front porch from the inside AC.
The people that live down the road South have goats, a lot of goats. Scooter was checking them out.

Elvis likes his new home, he likes it even better because he is not in his dog pen or in a fenced yard. So far he has been behaving and has not gotten growly with anybody stopping by. I put a doggy cushion on the porch and his doghouse next to the East porch steps and he seems to like it.

****************
I have a lot unpacked. Babysitter B. did keep Toddler Terror on/off for 2 days so we could get the most important stuff moved. It sucked, really sucked! It was so HOT! We moved early in the morning until it got so hot outside it was unbearable, then we did other stuff like packing or unpacking or running to town until dark, then at dark we moved some more until we were too tired. One day, the heat index was 117 degrees. It doesnt look like the heat is letting up at all either.....sigh. I am so looking forward to our upcoming N.MI trip to pick up son #1 and see my family, before I was looking forward to seeing son #1 and my family I miss so MUCH, but I am now also looking forward to cooler temperatures, I'd even settle for 90 degrees today and be thrilled.
We still have one good load to bring from our old house. Last night hubby brought over the lawn furniture and some stuff of his from the garage, he had to work until 7:30 pm and was kinda tired from the heat so tonite were supposed to bring the rest of the boxes from the house. Remind me to never cuss his best friend R. ever again. He has showed up 3 days in a row in this unsufferable heat and helped move without one complaint and expecting nothing in return. I have a post planned for hubby's best friend R. in the near future so you'll get to know all about him soon. Well, I better call the cable company and see WTF thier hold up is! Wee One is hollering for his toons.

10 Comments:

Blogger i used to be me said...

you're making progress!
good luck with the cable company.

I'm staying indoors as much as possible, this heat is the pitts.

take care

Jenny

10:44 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

butterflychic26-Elvis was dancing around on the porch when I took his picture, he is tiny. This heat is awful, it doesnt usually get to me but these last 3 days it has worn me down-it sucks getting old! when I was outside at daylight getting some chores done, my t-shirt was soaked w/ sweat and plastered to me, ick! I hope you get cooled off soon!!

unacknowledgedgenius-I just found out we cant get cable, we live too far out-grrrr so now I have to call Direct TV or something like that :( stay inside the AC, nothing beats central air on days like these!

11:46 AM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

I'm glad you're making good progress and hopefully somebody will realize how important it is for mom to have wee one's toons ready!
Elvis is sooo cute!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, hello! Glad to see you're connected again! Very good job, hard work moving in so fast! So sorry about cable & TT - does he watch any video's/dvd's? Elvis & Scooter look very comfortable with their new digs. Hope all continues to run smoothly - stay cool & calm. Diane & Brian

1:03 PM  
Blogger ~ good girl ~ said...

*GG fans BG down!!!*

Gosh, moving in the heat sounds like zero fun :-( But seems liek you're making great and consistent progress which is a huge relief. The last thing you want is to get lazy about it and drag it out over even more hot days.

Elvis is a lucky little pooch!! I like the sound of that so much, cushion here and doggy house there. How grand!

So glad to see you back online, BG. Can't wait till you're all nice and cosy.

Hugs,
GG xo

1:19 PM  
Blogger kel said...

Sounds like your getting a lot done. The sign at the bank said 112...TOO HOT.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very tranquil pictures.
i'm melting here.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing a lot in this insufferable heat...Friday will be better with a low 95 degrees...Cavalcade weather...
Glad you got moved and try dish satellite..try to stay cool!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Mone said...

hi, I just stumbeld by today. You have some beautiful horse pictures in your blog! Over here it is hot to, about 93 degrees. Thats very unusual and I love it. I dont know how I would take 117 degrees. It never gets hot like that.
I put a recipe for a cold spanish vegetable soup in my blog today, maybe that would be the rigth thing for you in the heat?

8:43 AM  
Blogger Rude1 said...

I'm so jealous; but then, we do have a concrete footer now! At this rate, we should have a house by...next year??? --GROAN--

Seriously, I'm so happy for you; soak it up, every minute.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home