Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I am Missing Calvacade!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a picture of my backyard facing South. Hubby has some fence building to do! Barb-wire and t-posts were fine with me but hubby is wanting to go all out and pipe fence the entire perimeter of the pasture around the house and yard. I hope he doesnt ask me to help paint it. I do not like painting, anything. I offered to mow the yard today for him but I am still not allowed to drive the lawn mower. Its terribly hot, hubby has been working in this gawd awful heat and moving, so I am trying to pick up as much slack as I can (with Toddler Terror). Ive got almost everything unpacked and put into its proper place with the exception of son #1's bedroom. I need hubby to hook up all of his playstation 2 and X-Box games to his TV. I also have to hang 1 picture and his corkboard before we leave to pick him up in MI. But I did get his curtains hung and his bed is all set up and made up the way he likes it. I hope he keeps his closet neat and orderly like I have it fixed.

My oldest and favorite sister J. called yesterday to tell me they are having cooler weather in N.MI. I cannot wait to get there in a week and a half. She asked me if hubby and I had anything special we wanted to see/do other than our family reunion on the Island (BIG party!). After I hung up and thought about it, I need to tell sister J., I need a mandatory 24 hours at a beauty spa because all of this moving has mangled my manicure, pedicure, my eyebrows need a waxing, not to mention other parts as well! My hair needs trimmed and a root job, I am sporting a funky tank top farmers tan with sock lines to match from wearing tennis shoes. Yeah, I know, I am scary! I mentioned this to hubby and he said I looked just fine....I think he needs glasses!




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Calvacade is in full swing and all of my roundup club buddies are camping out. I think they are crazy for doing it in this heat. But, when I was in my twenties, I was out there competing and whooping it up everyday and all nite. I am planning on going one day and taking my camera for some good pictures. I am not taking the Old Guy, it is just too hot to be riding him around just to be horseback. Its also to damn hot to be hauling any horse up to the fairgrounds if I am not competing. Besides, I always know someone with an extra horse to ride. I am going to try and go either friday or saturday nite, thats the best times to go, maybe it'll be a tad bit cooler...but I doubt it.

Yesterday I had to take Wee One to the doctor again. He was complaining about his left ear and his rash had cameback. I was afraid he was going to give himself an infection scratching at it. He also had a temp of '99 degrees. He saw a new doctor because his regular physician was busy with an emergancy. This MD sent him over for bloodwork. Wee one had 2 big vials of blood drawn and he sat very still and didnt cry or holler once, just a wimper when the tech stuck him with the needle. She was a good tech, fast and it was over before we knew it. Now Wee One has to take 2 medicines by mouth, ear drops 4X a day, 1 creme and 1 ointment. I am spending a lot of time doctoring the poor little guy. I have just about had it with Indian Health. Hubby is going to talk to the secretary friday and see if we can get Toddler Terror added to his insurance. I want to make sure he wont be denied any coverage because of a prexisting condition. Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Oklahoma seems to be pretty decent about picking up stuff like that. I would prefer to speak to thier insurance rep myself, I still have my Oklahoma licenses for Work Comp and Commercial Liability. They do not expire until September. I doubt I'll renew them again, a waste of money.

I am cooking a big pan of lasagne for dinner. It should last 2 days so I can be busy doing other things. I'll probly be gone again for a day or 2 taking care of business. I hope to have some good pictures to post next time!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just moved to Oklahoma! Now this is a state that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! It is beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.



June 14th:



Really heating up; got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm

turning into a sun worshipper.







June 30th:



Had the backyard landscaped

with western plants today; lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing the lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.







July 10th:



The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least, it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.







July 15th:



Fell asleep by the community pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body); missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though - got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.







July 20th:



I missed Lomita (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car at

noon, Lomita had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag, then popped like a water balloon. The car now smells like Kibbles and $hits. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat. Good ol' Mr. Sun strikes again.







July 25th:



The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.







July 30th:



Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now, $225,000 house and I can't even go inside. Lomita is the lucky one. Why did I ever come here?







Aug. 4th:



It's 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 85. I hate this stupid state.







Aug. 8th:



If another wise a$$ cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to strangle him. D@mn heat. By the time I get to work, the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!







Aug. 9th:



Tried to run some errands after work - wore shorts, and when I sat on the seats in the car, I thought my a$$ was on fire. My skin melted to the seat. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and a$$ . . . Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried a$$, and baked cat.







Aug 10th:



The weather report might as well be a d@mn recording . . . Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do $hit for two d@mn months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week.







Doesn't it ever rain in this d@mn state? Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus can't live in this d@mn heat.







Aug. 14th:



Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 115 today. Cactus are dead. Forgot to crack the window and blew the d@mn windshield out of the car. The installer came to fix it and guess what he asked me??? "Hot enough for you today?" My sister had to spend $1,500 to bail me out of jail. Freaking Oklahoma. What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here??







Will write later to let you know how the trial goes…

6:20 PM  
Blogger kel said...

looking forward to your pics they are always cool. I bet the fence will look great when your hubby gets done with it but I also agree painting it would be a pain.

7:31 PM  
Blogger kel said...

looking forward to your pics they are always cool. I bet the fence will look great when your hubby gets done with it but I also agree painting it would be a pain.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Mone said...

hahaha, I just love that post from anonymous!!!! Is it hot enough for you today? hahaha ROTFL.
Now I forgot what I wanted to post.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Mone said...

Ha remembered, I LOVE YOUR BACKYARD!! So much space, are you lucky!!
And you are not allowed to drive the lawn mower?? Why is that?

1:08 AM  
Blogger ~ good girl ~ said...

These past few weeks, reading your blog makes me so thankful I get to laze around. lol. I get tired just reading abt the 10000 chores you need to get done daily!!

Poor wee one :-( He really sounds like a sorry little cute babe xo

Take pics at Calvacade! I want to know what it's like!

Hugs,
GG xox

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BG! Hello! It's us, B & D. Good to see you letting off steam on blog. (The screaming has stopped! Now it's just loud moaning from the reservation!) Your moving sounds almost complete, wow - lots of hard work. You have great stamina. Poor Wee One, being sick is awful, esp in the heat you're experiencing. Hope it cures soon for all of you. (We have a service that mows our lawn - how lazy is that?!) Hope you enjoy the Cavalcade when you go. We agree with GG, take pics! Lasagna sounds good, maybe we should go out for Italian soon, hmmmm...Oh, you'll laugh - both Brian & I FORGOT our 19th wedding anniversary!!! LOL - We've been SO busy with Dewy's reports/ the TDF on a daily basis that it just went right on by! We'll need to out for lunch before his vaca ends and treat ourselves to a fancy dessert! Fencing & painting in this heat you have sounds tricky - maybe hubby's friend - R? - can assist? Keep your eyes on the prize - trip to N MI, and seeing son #1 - time will fly. Will wait for your next post/email - impatiently.....

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home