Sunday, July 23, 2006

Nicer Temperatures!

Its cooled down since friday nite and yesterday was very nice. We had a breeze and it was about 93'. A huge difference from the 100+ degrees that lasted a week. The humidity is not bad either-that makes a huge difference!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yesterday morning I saw Scooter interested in something in our driveway.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A whole bunch of Gunniess (?not sure how to spell it) hens came down the driveway and stayed in our yard eating bugs.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I made Elvis get on the porch so he wouldnt scare off the hens. He knew better tho, he was outnumbered.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My friend Stacy trying to catch her son's ornrey pony who lost his rider.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here is the horseless cowboy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Bulls and steers for the nightly rodeo events.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Not the misbehaved pony, just one waiting for thier events to start.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My friend Stacy's horses. Toddler Terror kept trying to pry his hand loose from mine and run off. Our visit was short and sweet. I didnt get to take any good pictures because of Wee One. He was kinda tired, needing a nap, and just being a pain in the *ss the whole 2 hours we were at Calvacade. Finally we stuck him on Stacy's mother-in-law's miniature burro and led him around. That kept him busy so I could visit with a few friends. I let him take a bath in my big deep bathtub last nite and he had a riot, he needed one badly.
Today I have a lot of stuff to do. A mountain of laundry, many things outside to do before it warms up again. Yes, another heatwave is in the forecast...sigh.



11 Comments:

Blogger Landra Douglas said...

Yet again, I say I miss Oklahoma and can't wait to move back in the fall :)

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pics from the Cavalcade...I live fairly close and there must have been an accident of sorts early this morning..First an ambulance went out, then shortly there after the MED chopper.. Went to fairgrounds or house very close...I have friends living close to fairgrounds also...must do some checking...
I am not sure how to spell guineas either, but they can sure be noisy and irritating! If you have no trees close to house,you surely will not have problem..if you do??well, I would let Elvis scare them off..
Again I think your pics are nice!

11:40 AM  
Blogger ~ good girl ~ said...

Hey BG,

well, at least you got to go see friends and horses :-) Yuck to laundry. I do not like laundry. I do not like ironing. I do not like household chores in general. Thankfully, I live alone so I can be sloppy. Unless, of course I'm stressed and get into a cleanign frenzy!

Hope your Sunday ends well xo

Hugs,
GG

1:37 PM  
Blogger Meow Meow said...

Beautiful pics! Nice that you got a few degrees cooler. The heat can KILL ya! I am jealous of your wide open spaces!!!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

Boy, it must have been horrible when you're grateful for 93 degrees! I'm glad for you, though.
Your pics are beautiful as always.
Say NO to laundry...

11:39 PM  
Blogger kel said...

Looks like fun. They said on the news last night that it will be really humid today...so yuck.

5:41 AM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

ugh to the hot humidity. We a cooler weekend here too though...you wouldn't think the 90s would feel much different that the 100s but they do.

7:54 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

bridgetlaine-Fall is the BEST time in Oklahoma ;)

lu-yep, I have a few trees and those hens are LOUD!

GG-I am far from a domestic goddess....

rebecca-the cool spell was so NICE!

paval-are you offering to do my laundry? ..wink.. yes, 93' is heaven compared to 106'

kel-ick humidity makes the heat tons worse.

unacknowledgedgenius-Im glad you got a little break from the awful heat too ;)

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello BG! Glad the heat is down for you for a while - get it done when you can. Pics from Calvalcade are great! So, TT rode a burro? Good for him - and a good escape for you for a bit! I hate laundry - ugh! But there's not much of that at our house - Bri wears uniforms to work & gets them gathered weekly for cleaning. It is very hot & super humid today - poor Bri. Lots of dark clouds & thunder - but no action yet. Well, just checking in to let you know we're still thinking of you during the move & all the heat. Stay cool! Diane

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! kinko&aposs business cards African wedding invitations toronto Upgrading hard drives of computers business card cd presentation software Cheeca lodge condominiums

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Opa penis Career+chrysler+group+management+training Borhs model titanium black older mature foot fetish lesbians open legs women sex Yasmin taylor australia sex Latin x horny milfs Tennis at hilton head Trading stocks fifty two week highs Impotence search Pussy babes Drew barrymore bondage Blurriness of vision on prozac sexy+legs+nude laser hair removal lip foot fetishdominationmistresses teens sexy feet sexy foot jewelry http://www.wiring-diagram-for-a-1999-mazda-626.info/Blackjack-sites.html

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home