Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thursday Already


Crowds. I do not like crowds. I havent always felt that way, just about the last 3-4 years. I used to attend concerts, functions, fairs ect.. and was never bothered. But recently, I find myself dreading any kind of crowd situation, especially indoor crowds. Outdoor crowds I can easily handle. Well, tonite is an indoor school function that I have to attend in support of my 12yo son. I am looking forward to watching son #1 playing his trumpet and already have the video cam/camera ready to go. Unfortunately, our one and only baby-sitter, has a school function of her own she cannot miss. This means our toddler terror will also be in attendance. Hubby and I will drive seperate vehicles, if son #2 starts to get loud and fidgety, hubby and son #2 will come on home. I hope tonite goes well.


An update about Jarret Clark. The young 18yo man who flirted with another young man's girlfriend while out on a camping outing. Jarret Clark was beaten badly and then left alone out in the Sequoyah Bay State Park near the Wahoo Bay by the alleged attacker jealous boyfriend. The alleged attacker has told many people that he did in fact beat up Jarret Clark and left him with his face in the dirt. The only sign of Jarret Clark after this attack is that his shoes and jacket have been found. The alleged attacker is rumoredly still dodging law enforcement and is/was in possession of Jarret Clark's cell phone. In my post Jarret Clark,Beaten & Missing PT.2 the last person to have spoken to Jarret on his own cell phone before his attack was his ex-girlfriend who he had asked to come out to the lake. Since the alleged attacker and a few other kids that were the last to see Jarret Clark alive are still hiding from police....I cannot but think Jarret Clark has been a victim of foul play.


This is not the kind of kitty I want residing in my neighborhood, rural as it is....this big cat would not be welcome. That was my first thought when I read about the Kentucky Family Fights to Keep Their Pet Lion. A married mother of 3 children who keeps a 400 lb lion in a 300-square-foot chain-link cage said she thinks of this animal as her own child. But a few neighbors disagree with Melissa Collins about her 'pet'. A county ordinance that would bar animals deemed "inherently dangerous" by the state of Kentucky is up for a vote this Friday. If it passes, Kitty(The lion) would no longer be allowed to stay in his rural neighborhood, where homes are within a few yards of each other. When Melissa Collins was asked whether she considered her lion to be dangerous, Collins insisted that any pet can be unpredictable. She doesn't feel that Kitty, thier pet lion (400lbs!) is a threat to her 5yo and 1yo boys or 3yo daughter. okay......Im not too worried about my horses getting loose, mauling a few humans, and consuming thier flesh nor am I too worried about my 5 lbs weenie dog, jumping our fence and attacking unsuspecting children playing in my rural neighborhood! I am not too worried about my neighboring rancher's herd of cattle rushing thier fence and attacking my boys and I while were outside in our yard or pastures. The Collins purchased Kitty the male lion when he was a 5lbs cub at a flea market. Collins said he obtained a state permit to bring the lion into Kentucky and a license to keep it in Floyd County Kentucky. I certainly do not want anything bad to happen to this magnificent beast but they are wild animals from a different country.....leave them there! I hope 'Kitty' has a safe and happy future on a wild animal reserve somewhere far from people's homes..

7 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

brian-Im coming over to check things out. I wish I knew someone from J.C's area or hometown of Broken Arrow. Id like an inside scoop on whats REALLY going on in this investigation.

10:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crowds keep me dreading christmas shopping... can;t stand all that pent up consumerism!

11:16 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

drcharles-shop online, I swear by it but I also live in the middle of nowhere, literally!

kari-somedays I just cannot believe the way people (PARENTS) think! I think Ill go catch a copperhead or two and keep it in an aquarium as a pet!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Hope said...

I am the same way when it comes to being around a lot of people,and I don't like it at all they make me feel like Thire taking up all my air.

1:29 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

hope-yes, I agree! I have a space around me, I dont like it invaded, lol. People in Okla are friendly and like to stand right on top of ya when visiting, not me..step back please, I blame it on my yankee raising.

1:34 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

cowgirl-and i thought i was the only one who is suspicious of everyone else! yeah, the lion, as beautiful as he is needs a place to live that is safe for people and for him too.

3:34 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

fixcat said poptarts? hand 'em over! lol Sad about this lion, I hope he doesnt suffer because of humans around him. Yes, I remember the chimp story! i always was creeped out by monkeys and primates for good reason!

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home