Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mom Daze


The history of mankind is carried on the back of the horse.


Petroglyph are images incised in rock, usually by prehistoric, especially Neolithic, peoples. They were an important form of pre-writing symbols, used in communication from approximately 10,000 B.C.E. to modern times, depending on culture and location. The word comes from the Greek words petros meaning "stone" and glyphein meaning "to carve" (it was originally coined in French as pétroglyphe). The term 'petroglyph' should not be confused with pictograph, which is an image drawn or painted on a rock face, both of which contribute to the wider and more general category of rock art.

I have always been intrigued by the horse's involvement in history of the world, any and all history. They have dated back many, many years before Christ. Sometimes, when I look into my horses eyes, I see the millions of horses that have lived before him and thier forms galloping across the deserts before man ever realized what an important animal ever existed.

______________________________________________________


The love for a horse is just as complicated as the love for another human being...If you never love a horse, you will never understand.

Today dawned bright and early with my 2 yo sticking his finger in my nostril. Ouch! I didnt hear him wake up. His brother had a friend spend the night and then they were up at 6:30 am to leave for a day fishing and a cookout at his friend's Grandmothers home. Little S. got up with them and decided his mother needed to be woken as well. Now, I have a burning scrape inside my nose. The joys of motherhood. Sometimes I have to question my sanity and whatever reason possessed me to weaken and give in to thier Father's wishes to start a family. Probly not a nice thing for any mother to do, but today I am doing it. To be honest, I really never had the desire to have children, or a husband for that matter. I always kinda saw myself as independant but with a boyfriend or 2 for male companionship when I desired it. But, S. stole my heart away and domesticated me to a certain extent. Do not get me wrong, I wouldnt trade my kids for anything in the world, but on a rare occassion I think, what if things were different? I know I am not going to win any mothering awards, but at the same time, I know I am not a bad mother either. I was over at PostSecret reading other mom's and thier kid's secrets....I like this site, but then again I like to hear other people's stories and about thier own lives.

Happy mom day to all my mommy friends out there!

4 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

tara-thnx!! Ill try it

7:02 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

coolness

8:31 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kari-you are not alone! has that new baby arrived yet?

cowgirl-I am looking into my crystal ball, and I see you to the mother of 5 kids!!! lol

11:16 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

winking at cowgirl...long nite?
sure, you'll do excellent w/ 5...just treat 'em like little foals and all works out, take it from me!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home