Saturday, May 13, 2006

Killer Gator and Polargrizz


Florida Trappers Hunt Killer Alligator that stalked and killed 28 yo Yovy Suarez Jimenez while she was out jogging. Jimenez's dismembered body was found in a canal this past Wednesday by some construction workers. Dr. Joshua Perper, Broward County's medical examiner, concluded that "the alligator attacked the woman while she was on land" and then dragged her body into a canal. He also said that she "died of traumatic injuries sustained by an alligator attack, a mixture of blood loss and shock, and in my opinion died very fast." Suarez's mother has stated she spoke to her daughter by phone Tuesday evening when she was sitting under a bridge by a canal. Witnesses saw a woman matching Suarez's description dangling her feet over the water's edge, but no one witnessed an attack. Suarez's death is the 18th confirmed fatal Fatal Alligator Attacks in Florida since 1948. I wrote Ramblings From The Reservation: What Big Teeth You Have about a doctor snatched from his boat and killed by a croc. Scary stuff!
Polar-Grizzly Hybrid killed during hunt in Northwest Territory. A DNA test has confirmed what zoologists, hunters and aboriginal trackers in the far northern reaches of Canada have dreamed of for years: the first documented case of a grizzly-polar bear in the wild. This is so cool! This hunter paid paid $45,450 for a license to hunt polar bears. Wow, guess I better start saving now, huh? I'd settle for a grizzly bear hunt up North instead. That would be my idea of a 'perfect vacation'.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in Florida. This has been the "topic" of convo.

12:03 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

your welcome, I was kinda wondering with the 'stalker' and all....well, you know! sure c'mon up to Okla, how many horses do I need?

7:40 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

fixcat-I love evrey element of hunting, preparing, the actual hunt, and dressing and butchering my game. We do all our own deer. We use waste nothing, my son and I even learned how to tan thier hides. Its cool, but a long process, and worth it. As for 'canned' or 'deerranch' hunts, I think they should be outlawed, it is NOT hunting, these animals are TRAPPED and not in the wild. I would love to grizzly bear hunt one day, I would have to pay a guide so I wouldnt get lost but not one to point me at a bear (i hope!) if I had an extra 45thous it'd bein the bank for my boys college.....some people have NO clue what to do with thier finances

8:00 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

fixcat-okla's only biggame is whitetail deer in my area. Mt.lions, lynxs are protected for now. Where I grew up in N.Mi tons of elk, black bear ect.. bear meat, Ill eat but its kinda greasy, gamey. stringy tasting..no matter what way its cooked. Elk is okay, much similar to venison but not as tastey, moose..well they just taste like the swamp to me! Ive never hunted moose but seen tons at my sisters fishing camp in N.Ontario, they are meaner than any bear Ive ever ben around too. My boys love venison, actually all meat. I could not survive w/out red meat! How do you do it? I hope you dont think Im awful for this but...when son#1 was born, I went almost 2 wks overdue omg I was miserable and sceduled to be induced, I was craving some wild rabbit BADLY cooked in a stew type recipe Ive had given to me from best friend L.'s Grandmother, awesome recipe..anyhow hubby brought me a rabbit cleaned and skinned, I just had to cut the meat off the bones....anyhow, I cooked that wild rabbit and ate damn near the whole thing-REALLY..I shocked myself! I went into labor that nite : )rabbits do make great pets, I have 2 hanging around here at home that do not even seem scared, our little dog hasnt messed w/ them either, they arent considered a food source, Ill protect them, S. and I like to watch them hopping around the yard.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home