Monday, May 15, 2006

Monday Madness


It is Monday again. Y'all know what Monday means at my place, cleaning day. Ugh! One good thing tho, hubby tuned up the vacuum with a new belt, hepa-thingy, and some other new filter-part. He even gave it a test drive, a small one, but nonetheless, it works like new. It is not very old but vacuums just seem to 'break' around me. I started chores early this morning so I decided to take a short break from all that domestic work. My 2 yo and I played with his remote controlled train, until he wanted his play-doh. So he is busily making imaginary play-doh trees and cakes.
______________________________________________________

My oldest sister J. must have read my Me, A Movie Star? post because she emailed me last nite and she stated this: The movie that the lady was talking about is "Overboard" and it starred Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell. I would take that as a compliment! When the boys were young they loved that movie, I like it too! and I replied: Goldie Hawn?!?!! no freakin way J. answered with: Yes, you are Goldie! Don't you wish you had her bank account?? Oh yeah, I wish I had her bank account. I do not remember the movie or the name but Im going to look it up here: http://www.imdb.com/search a pretty cool link from my friend Brian Kastel. I mentioned my sisters statement to hubby last nite and he said, "yeah he could 'see' it," I asked "what did he mean by IT?", he said "the blonde big-eyed airheaded thing." His statement made me a bit 'chilled' to him the rest of the evening...if you know what I mean.
________________________________________________________

This afternoon, my 2 yo, S. and I are going up to the walking trails and taking Elvis our miniature dachshund. He loves to go to the trails too. When he gets tired, he just rides in the big stroller with S. or underneath the seat in the little storage compartment. He is so tiny, a lot of times people are suprised when he pops out from his resting place. S. is taking Elvis' favorite 'fetching' ball too. I was checking out the weather here, KOTV.com . It looks like a good weather-week. I am so happy about that!
_____________________________________________________

On June 3, is the Rocking T Trail Ride to Benefit the Washington County SPCA that is near the city of Bartlesville. I want to go. I've lined up baby-sitter B. incase hubby isint able to be home that day. Our 12 yo, N., will be in Northern Michigan with my family for part of the summer until we pick him up. So, it'll probably be just me going unless I can talk best friend L. into skipping out of her second job on that day.

A few days back, I was checking out some horse-show dates at Oklahoma Horse and was happily suprised to see a show sceduled for the GypsyVanner Horse on September 23-24. I have only viewed one of these magnificant equines and I cannot wait for this show. I am expecting some real beauties to be in attendance.
_____________________________________________________

2 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

brian-i have another gator post coming up, sometimes people DO forget we are NOT the top of the food chain. Eric clapton, awesome! The vacuum.....its already making THAT moise again,hmmm good thing I was finished w/ it!

kari-I once saw ONE of these gorgeous beasts in Wichita, took my breath away.. I knew you'd love them with your spotted horses you have!

12:38 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

cowgirl-the mare I saw simply took my breath away, she was lovely! I hope to see many more in sept!OKC isint too far from you..you outta check them out.

2:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home