Monday, May 15, 2006

Some of My Favorites....except one item.

CLEAN Clean Eau de Parfum from Dlish Fragrance is my absolute favorite scent in the whole world! At $76.00 a bottle, I can rarely afford it and have not splurged on a new bottle in over a year. sniff sniff.
"The Original Clean Perfume is a fragrance option for those who do not like to smell like a particular perfume, but rather prefer that just-out-of-the-shower fresh smell. CLEAN combines fragrance notes of litsea cubeba, orange, sweet lime, pink grapefruit, passion lily, rose geranium and white musk."
My mother-in-law, she is the sweetest woman on this earth, she buys me perfume for every occassion or holiday. I certainly do not expect her to spend almost $100 on perfume for me, but I bet if I counted up how many unused bottles of Avon perfume she has bought for me, it would surpass the $100 mark easily. The fragrances are from Avon . I do not like Avon, or anything Avon affiliated. No offense Avon ladies or Avon users, I just do not like any of thier products.
_____________________________________________________

Since summer is near, I'll be re-stocking my Bare Escentuals Cosmetics . In the summer, I love wearing thier powder foundation. Regular make-up foundation is so heavy, I do not like wearing it in the summer or warm/hot weather. This powder-type foundation is just enough coverage for any flaws but it cant be felt while wearing it. Also, if you happen to fall asleep with it on, it will not leave you with icky skin the next day like other make-ups will. That is one nasty feeling, left-over caked or greasy feeling make-up face.

_____________________________________________________


Do you Love That Play-Doh Smell? Get the Perfume! For just $19 a bottle, you can smell like PLAY-DOH. Hasbro has created Play-Doh perfume in honor of the product's 50th anniversary. The perfume designed to smell just like the kids' modeling clay. Spokesman Gary Serby says Play-Doh's smell is one of its most enduring memories, and Hasbro figures smelling the perfume will transport people back to their childhood. Ummmmm, no thanks! My 2 yo plays with his Play-Doh daily, atleast 30 minutes a day in his high chair with all of his Play-Doh goodies, he loves it. The smell, I certainly do not love, but will tolerate it so he can have fun. If someone tries it please give me your review!



MySpace Graphics
MySpace Stuff
MySpace Graphics

7 Comments:

Blogger Brian Kastel said...

Smell is our most powerful sense. The receptors at the top of our nasal cavities are almost directly hardwired into the most basic and central parts of our brains. We do remember smells forever, automatically, so the Play-Doh perfume idea of bringing back youthful memories is solid science. Although I'm not sure the youthfulness of Play-Doh years is quite what people have in mind when they don perfume. Very strange marketing idea, to say the least. Creepy, would be my word of choice.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Hey :-) great post!

I really like the smell of 'Clean'. My girlfriend doused herself in it on Saturday and was wafting all afternoon.

Demeter is funny eh? They have lots of odd scents. 'Dirt' was popular in Hollywood a couple of years ago. There is even one called 'Funeral Home'. I have a sample of 'Hay' which I love. You probably would love it too!

p.s. have you tried looking online for 'Clean'? Might be cheaper.

9:28 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

tara-yes, seriously! not my flavour tho for sure! Ive always worn chanel #5 or my favorite Clean

brian-you are so right, one whiff of something or even reading about it can send me to another time in my life.

kyahgirl-your the expert on perfume, I thought you might be interested in the play-doh part! Ive only been able to find Clean online..not much for shopping where I live. Dirt? what does it smell like? lol I would probably love the 'hay' scent.

7:53 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

tara-lol, you bet! I wish they could bottle a HORSES scent, Id be a faithful consumer. nothing better than horse smell, I love it : )

8:35 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kari-its the best smell on this earth with babies/toddlers a close second!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

The best deal I found was on ebay. $50 for a new, in box, clean, perfume.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLEAN-Clean-Perfume-by-Dlish-2-14-oz-EDP-Spray-NIB-76_W0QQitemZ9520834423QQcategoryZ11847QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've had really good luck buying new perfumes off ebay.

10:39 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Kyahgirl-THANKS! I buy stuff off ebay a lot but always stayed away from cosmetic type stuff, Ill certainly give it shot because $50 is ALOT better than $76 : ) Im a Coach handbag junkie, along with a few Dooney and Bourke, so I do lots of buying on Ebay..thnx for the tip!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home