Wednesday, May 03, 2006

My Families Wednesday Night Tradition

You all know by now, I am interested in a variety of things, especially strange things. On Wednesday nights at my house we have a tradition that we try to keep in between ball practices, school functions, work, and all the other crazy things my family is involved in, this tradition is watching new episodes of 'Ghost Hunters' on the Sci-fi channel. I enjoy watching the guys from TAPS not because thier hotties, but because thier paranormal investigations try to catch evidence and then debunk it, or debunk other's theories and evidence.
http://www.14wfie.com/Global/story.asp?S=4789871&nav=menu54_2

Do I actually believe in ghosts/hauntings? I believe something paranormal can exist but until I have an actual conversation with a ghost, I am not sure they are souls of the departed who have not crossed over. Ive witnessed some odd things, luckily I was never alone so I know I am not nuts. Also, you know how deep inside you get a 'gut feeling' that is strong enough to pay attention to? That happens to me on rare occassion-and I am usually the last person to get spooked by anything. But, Ive learned to listen to my 'gut feeling' in all situations because it is usually never wrong. I've posted about Oklahoma hauntings and poltergeists in the past, you can read them here:
http://warponyramblings.blogspot.com/2006/03/haunted-oklahoma.html
http://warponyramblings.blogspot.com/2006/04/oklahoma-poltergeist.html

I came across a website:
16 Signs That Your House is Haunted
What to watch for – and what to do about it
http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghosthuntinggeninfo/a/aa060704.htm
interesting reading....check it out, I have to get movin' because the new TAPS episode is starting!









3 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

cowgirl-cool, I enjoy checking out 'haunted places'. My best friend L. always said I was comfortable wandering around dead people because being Native American, we sit up with our deceased loved ones until thier burial.

fixcat-that is a neat pic,huh? Your first paragraph in your comment sums it up in the best words I have ever heard! My issues on faith and God set aside, so much in our world is unexplainable. Wilma sounds like a sweet horse, wow, an alligator attack? that poor horse. how scary. My horse when walking across a bridge or anytype of 'foreign footing'-he puts his head down with his nose almost touching the ground..

9:45 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Kari-I lost my mother just before I turned 12 also. Your experiences sound neat, I can understand why you believe in them. To a certain extent i am a believer as well....

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool photo silohuetted against the blackdrop - i heard a scary story of a haunted house as a kid, and it still frightens me when i drive past it

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home