Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I'm The Decider

President Bush has been getting a lot of flak over his "I'm the decider" statement he made. I had myself a small chuckle over this whole thing. Yes, decider is a real word, and yes, he did use it correctly. When I heard his statement, I imagined him saying that exact phrase to his daughters when they were misbehaving. Late nite TV comedians have had a hay day with this topic, and I am guilty of getting amusement at the expense of our President. I like President Bush, I voted for him. But, sometimes stuff is just too damn funny, and 'the decider' statement was one of them! So, you can imagine that my family is tired of hearing 'I'm the decider' out of my mouth when I am feeling harrassed. Its been my favorite quote for the last 4 days and I am using when it is warranted. There you have it, I am the decider at my homestead......

The field, in order of post-position selection, is:

A.P. Warrior, Bob and John, Sharp Humor, Barbaro, Showing Up, Point Determined, Deputy Glitters, Private Vow, Bluegrass Cat, Steppenwolfer, Sinister Minister, Seaside Retreat, Sweetnorthernsaint, Cause to Believe, Lawyer Ron, Brother Derek, Storm Treasure, Flashy Bull, Keyed Entry and Jazil.

I like Steppenwolfer. One thing that makes him a strong Derby contender is the fact that in his 7 dirt races, he’s always finished in the money, at distances from 7 furlongs to 1 and 1/8 miles, and his breeding says he will be more effective at 1 and 1/4 miles. Having run in fields of 10 or more in his last three starts, he’s already had to overcome crowding problems and wide trips, so he has already been thru a lot of the problems he may encounter in the Derby.

This year's Derby looks like a good one. Be sure to watch!

4 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

nothing like it, aye?

2:07 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

eww, Derby hats are ugly and I dislike dresses but sometimes they are a necessity. I hope you have a blast!

5:59 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

my money is on Steppenwolfer, he has the talent. What about his fued w/ lawyer ron? should be a good race.

9:29 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

cool magnolia! I bet youve seen some very nice horses....you are so lucky : ) I worked at Remington Park may years ago, when I first moved to Oklahoma-it was awesome.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home