Monday, May 01, 2006

I Love This Stuff!

Recently, I have found 2 beauty products I have fell in love with. And, I do not fall in love all that easy. I do not try new products near as much as I probably should. I am the kind of person who finds what she likes, what works for her, and I stick to it. But, once in awhile, usually on a recommendation of friends or based on thier reviews, I venture out into the big bad world of make-up (other than the Clinique Counter) and try something new.
Product #1. Jergens Natural Glow body lotion and Natural Glow Facial Moisturizer. Both of these products I started using about a week and a half ago. I love them! M. who works at my feed store has had the nicest color to her skin since winter. I commented on it one day and she said she uses of these products. I decided to give them a try because of her recommendation. Sunless-tanners are a big NoNo for me. About 1990 or so, when the tanless stuff came out, I had a very BAD orange experience. One I will never re-live! Of course, I wasnt alone, there were 3 other friends of mine who were in the same tangerine colored boat as I. We still laugh about it. When I was pregnant the summer of 2003 and unable to tan, but needing to get some color, I did the 'Mystic Tan' thing. I was impressed. It certainly was worth the money, and looked great. For a spray on tan, it looked fairly natural. Anyhow, Ive been using these 2 Jergens products (body and face) and I am hooked. To be honest, Jergens is the last brand of lotion I probably would have purchased until I heard my friend M.'s recommendation. No streaking and it has given me an even color. I am sold on it.

Product #2. DuWop Lip Venom. I am going to be honest. I bought this lipgloss because I thought the name was cool. However, I became quickly addicted to the high shine and yummy tingly feeling. It contains, cinnamon, ginger, and wintergreen essential oils and was made specifically to plump up lips (I learned the latter after purchasing it). My lips have always been full without the need to 'plump' them up, but this stuff is great! I am a lipgloss addict. Lipgloss is the one product I will try many brands of. Lipstick is so old-fashioned and HEAVY. I like the high shine and light feeling from glosses. I have tons of glosses, in the truck, in the car, in my purse, in my desk, in my hubby's truck, in my saddle bag for riding. I cannot leave home with out it! But, this Lip Venom is great, I only bought one and I think I had better order another..

4 Comments:

Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

Have you ever tried Bare Essentials makeup? its super for allergic people. I like thier mineral veil and thier loose powder foundation in the summer when not much makeup is needed. My husband and oldest son have a tan all year 'round! They are so dark right now, not fair! Sometimes, I cheat and hit the tanning bed...

12:46 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

I had a redneck tan a week ago but it is slowly going away : ))

1:26 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

I love Lip Venom! it also keeps me from shoveling food into my face..hmm imagine that~

Ive never tried Burts Bees products but Ive seen them around. Maybe Id better check them out. I had to order Lip Venom online, but where I live I have to buy A LOT of stuff online! besides, I get to see the hottie UPS guy that way : )

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home