Saturday, May 06, 2006

Horses, Horses, Horses..

Omg-all of this rain is starting to make me either cranky or depressed, not sure which yet. I am ready for some sunshine now, pleeease! My toddler has been bouncing off the walls, lack of outdoor activities is taking its toll on him too. Luckily I was able to coerce him into a nap. Lucky for me I should say. Check out this huge horse-can you imagine the feed bill? farrier bill? A 10 ft girth? holy smokes! I want to ride him....In the 1930s, a Belgian stallion by the name of Brooklyn Supreme became known as the world's largest horse at 19.2 hands and 3,200 pounds. He boasted a girth of 10 feet two inches around. It took 30 inches of iron for each one of his horseshoes.
______________________________________________________

From head to hoof and tail to mane
I love the horse as I have said
From head to hoof and back again.
~James Whitcomb Riley

__________________________________________________________

The sunshine's golden gleam is thrown, on sorrel, chestnut, bay, and
roan.
- Oliver Wendell Holmes

3 Comments:

Blogger Porta's Cat said...

the title of this blog made me think of a Patti Smith song.....

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Homes.

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » »

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home