Friday, May 05, 2006

Bull Shit and Shakespeare

As a girl familiar with cattle, I know BULLSHIT when I hear/see it. Here are 2 stories making headlines that I know are pure BS. These 2 men were caught zonked on pills, drunk, and crashed thier cars...............but now are seeking help. If they had not of been busted, would they be seeking help now? I doubt it!

OU's Eddie Sutton is a great basketball coach, his coaching history is obvious proof. But, in his personal life, much to be questioned. Yes, back pain can be crippling, I do not know personally but I know this from having a doctor friend or two. If Sutton's pain was so unbearable he had to pop narcotic pain meds, then drink very heavily, why didnt he get a designated driver? I could give a shit less what he puts his liver thru, but when hes driving the wrong way on one way streets, thats a concern of mine. Some people are bad enough drivers without chemicals interfering! Heres the newslink about Sutton's charges, hmm funny all the previous news articles had his pain med abuse written iin them except for this sentencing article, special treatment? I believe so!
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0506/325279.html

Okay, you all know whos coming next. Yeppers, its a Kennedy! Congressman Patrick Kennedy to be exact. The Kennedy's seem to have some significant substance abuse issues...

" Kennedy said that he had gone home Wednesday evening after work and taken "the prescribed amount" of Phenergan, a prescription anti-nausea drug that can cause drowsiness, and Ambien, a sleep medication. But he said he consumed no alcohol before the crash. The attending physician for Congress had prescribed Phenergan to treat Kennedy 's gastroenteritis, an inflammation of the stomach and intestines. According to the drug's label, Phenergan can increase the effects of sleep medicines such as Ambien."
"Police observed Kennedy 's car, with no headlights on, swerve into the wrong lane and strike a curb. Kennedy nearly hit a police car, the report said, and the officer in the cruiser was forced to use evasive maneuvers to avoid a collision.
The cruiser put on its emergency flashers and tried to pull Kennedy over, but the congressman did not respond. He continued at a slower speed before colliding head-on with a security barrier, according to the report."

I've taken Phenergan many times. I took it in a gel form froma syringe when I was pregnant and highly nauseated. It was rubbed on the inside of my wrists and worked wonders for keeping nausea at bay. I also was prescribed this medication in a pill form after I had a near-fatal car accident and had to take very strong pain meds that had a severe nauseating effect on me. Not once was I ever 'out of my head' and drove my vehicle, eluding police, crashing my car, then not 'remembering'. Oh, I never took ambien, but I certainly had a lot stronger meds than that! I think Kennedy's story is some more BULL SHIT. entire story here:
http://articles.news.aol.com/news/article.adp?id=20060504182309990013&ncid=NWS00010000000001
_____________________________________________________

I love William Shakespeare. Many people have told me they do not understand his writings. In my early college years, I was lucky enough to have a brilliant english professor that also enjoyed Shakespeare as much as I. This poem I posted was one he lead me to....


Some glory in their birth,

Some in their wealth,

Some in their body's force,

Some in their hounds and hawks,

Some in their horse.

-William Shakespeare-

You can read William Shakespeares bio here:

http://www.poets.org/poet.php/prmPID/122

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home