Monday, August 14, 2006

Targeted

I've been crazy busy today, but I am not busy enough to read the news, then I decided I was not busy enough to post my furious thoughts. I recognized the picture in the news article immediately, my beloved Mackinac Bridge. Below are some pictures I took not even 2 weeks ago of the beautiful Mackinac (pronounced mack-in-naw).

My family and people who I care about cross this bridge on a VERY regular basis. I am sickened by the thought that some f*#cking, lowlife, coward, foreigner, terrorists planned an attack against the Mackinac.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The human sewege behind this terror plot are: Maruan Awad Muhareb and Louai Abdelhamied Othman, of Mesquite, Texas and Adham Abdelhamid Othman of Dallas. These cowards are charged with collecting or providing materials for terrorist acts and surveillance of a vulnerable target for terrorist purposes.

It appears a vigilant Caro, MI Wal-Mart associate took suspicion upon these men when they purchased about 1,000 tracfone pre-paid cell phones. The terrorists had plans to use the phones in a bomb. The good citizen/ Wal-Mart associate called the proper authorities and foiled the terrorists plans. I know the average pay of Wal-Mart employees so I am NOT wrong when I say this associate deserves a HUGE raise or atleast a bonus of some sort. For a few years, I was notsofortunate enough to work for Wal-Mart's home office during my stint in the insurance business...I decided by my own accord, I was NOT Wal-Mart material.....but that was a whole lifetime ago...

Something along the lines of this story was the topic of conversation between my family and I while I was visiting in MI not but 2 weeks ago. Except it wasnt about the possibility of the Mackinac Bridge being a target, it was about how easily someone could enter MI from the Canadian Border by a boat. Airplanes are heavily monitored but if one was familiar with the Great Lakes, dodging the coast guard and gaining entry to the USA is very possible. Now that the a terror plot against The Bridge has been thwarted, maybe what I just mentioned will be looked at.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm planning on stabbing foreigners in the eyes when I see them.. just in case

6:43 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

brian-it pays to be vigilant

anon-good idea! but target the wanna-be-terrorists

7:30 AM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

I've been living under a rock the last few days so I hadn't heard about this. Thank goodness for that WalMart employee.

Another blog friend of mine, Naive, has written about Mackinac Island. It sounds like a beautiful place.

7:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OMG I swear they just need to shut down the US to foreigners Sure not all or bad but dam how can we trust them when they are living amongst us and plotting to kill us or destroy our beautiful country

8:03 AM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

unacknowledgedgenius-The Island is very pretty, no cars allowed...I am sure Wal-Mart workers see A LOT!

dakotablueeyes-I hate discrimination/racial profiling...but Im not seeing chinese,blacks,or whites behind these terror plots. sigh...I just wish all this terrorist sh*t would end!

8:34 AM  
Blogger kel said...

I thought of that bridge and your pics from your vacation when I heard that on the news.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Sweet and Salty said...

I immediately thought of you and said, "isn't that weir BG went?" I'm glad those Walmart Folks were on it.

12:11 PM  
Blogger i used to be me said...

I did not realize the bridge is 5 miles long..I don't think I'd be brave enough to cross it. (I saw a yahoo news story about it today)

8:53 PM  
Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

kel-just the tought made me furious, then worry for my loved ones

paval-A lot of WM folks are good, decent, hard-working Proud Americans, thank goodness! since they make up about 99% of the workforce (joking, but thats what the conglomerate WM seems like!)

unacknowledgedgenius-oh, the bridge, on a good non-windy day, is fun to cross but if you get on it and panic, the Bridge Authority will come gather you and drive you across :)

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home